The Official “Regular Posters of the Basketball Forum” Thread

I as a fan always want the team to win it all. I don't expect anything though, call it BVS or whatever.

I want to see the team play their best. In 34 games they've played this season they have put great effort into the vast majority of their games, the games where it's happened on both sides of the court we destroyed good teams (A&M, Bama, & Florida)

We're 4-2 against the other teams in the Sweet 16 and the 2 losses were against 1 seeds. We have a very legit shot at being in the final four this season just have to have 2 games in a row where it clicks on both ends of the court.

Yeah but do they really matter? The window licker fans and the hot take "sports journalists" will spout about it but anyone serious would be laughed at for saying Friday in any way defines Barnes' career. And in the scope of UT basketball history he's at worst tied at the top imo. So while I will be pissed if we lose, that's a kneejerk reaction that will fade after a week or so.

Let's be clear....we're getting upset that we "only" are making the Sweet 16. For any long term UT basketball fan, let that sink in a second.

Honestly, the drive by posters already said we wouldn’t make it past the 2nd week end, yet here we are competing for an EE spot.

Most of them don’t like Barnes because he doesn’t jump & up down in the student section with his shirt off.

Pearl is their lord & savior, no matter how bad he screwed over the University.

I found this draft stock analysis to be amusing

D.J. Wagner, 6-3 freshman PG, Kentucky

So, how much is the “Calipari tax” worth to you? We’ve seen the coach make many talented guards look ordinary, so maybe that has to be priced into a Wagner evaluation. Nonetheless, he finished a very uninspiring freshman year with an 0-for-5 bagel in the upset loss to Oakland, completing the season with 47.2/29.2/76.6 shooting splits on 2s/3s/FTs. For a 6-3 guard, he also had a miniscule 3.9 percent rebound rate and few disruptive plays. There aren’t really any moments that make you rewind the tape and go, “Who was that?”

Right, they were both underseeded. I'm just talking purely from the perception of losing to vastly lower seeds in that we were a 4-seed losing to a 9-seed (FAU), or a 3-seed losing to an 11-seed (Loyola Chicago).

A 2 losing to a 3 is technically underperforming, but not in a surprising or shocking manner.

FWIW, Creighton was #11 on KenPom heading into the tournament. FAU was #17, last year. And Loyola Chicago was #31 in 2018.

Ah yes. I got confused. It was 2021 that Loyola was top 10 in KenPom (and got an 8 seed)

Reactions: cncchris33
Honestly, the drive by posters already said we wouldn’t make it past the 2nd week end, yet here we are competing for an EE spot.

Most of them don’t like Barnes because he doesn’t jump & up down in the student section with his shirt off.

Pearl is their lord & savior, no matter how bad he screwed over the University.
I honestly think many of these vocal Barnes haters are due to their dislike of Barnes being open about his religion. Call me stupid if you want, but that’s how I feel.

I honestly think many of these vocal Barnes haters are due to their dislike of Barnes being open about his religion. Call me stupid if you want, but that’s how I feel.
Eh, most of them are constantly slurping Bruce and he’s way more in-your-face about both religion and politics.

Yeah.....no. If anything his religious beliefs and being vocal about it are the only things his haters like about him; at least the ones here. I seriously doubt a major common trait of Barnes' haters are "big time anti-Christian".

Yeah.....no. If anything his religious beliefs and being vocal about it are the only things his haters like about him; at least the ones here. I seriously doubt a major common trait of Barnes' haters are "big time anti-Christian".
Coach Barnes is a great coach and has built a great program. And I am a believer in Jesus Christ who died for all of us at the cross! Why do people try to put a label on everybody, well if they think this way they must be this or that. Just quit it. GBO! Jesus is the way the truth and the light!

Coach Barnes is a great coach and has built a great program. And I am a believer in Jesus Christ who died for all of us at the cross! Why do people try to put a label on everybody, well if they think this way they must be this or that. Just quit it. GBO! Jesus is the way the truth and the light!

Cool?

Really not sure what that has to do with my post.

Any Christian who has a platform to influence others will always be under attack

Pearl isn’t Christian and doesn’t attempt to lead a Christian life - nothing like Barnes. JMO
Pearl is absolutely a converted Christian and is very open about it. He considers himself of Jewish ethnicity but is a Christian by faith. Not my place to judge what he does, etc, but if you talk to the man, this is what he will tell you.

Pearl is absolutely a converted Christian and is very open about it. He considers himself of Jewish ethnicity but is a Christian by faith. Not my place to judge what he does, etc, but if you talk to the man, this is what he will tell you.

I don't think religious beliefs have anything to do with any bashing Barnes gets. Like zero.

VN Store

Back