The Masters Tournament

The chair situation, concession prices and the fact that the course sits across from a strip mall and is bordered on one side by very modest houses always blows everyone's minds.

I was very shocked when I went by all that. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that.

In my opinion, conditions can make any course difficult. But lies and greens are difference makers. Oak Tree in Oklahoma has some of the most diabolical in the country. To get them fast enough on the stimp as the PGA prefers the greens aren't even playable

In my opinion, conditions can make any course difficult. But lies and greens are difference makers. Oak Tree in Oklahoma has some of the most diabolical in the country. To get them fast enough on the stimp as the PGA prefers the greens aren't even playable

That's Augusta all the time. Have you ever seen the 6th hole in person? If you get above the hole just a couple feet it's impossible to stop the ball unless you make it & that's on just about about every green. A 30 foot uphill putt is better than a 6 foot downhiller.

I was very shocked when I went by all that. I don't know what I was expecting but it wasn't that.
I'd venture to guess that it's got to be the only major championship venue within walking distance of a Hooters.

That's Augusta all the time. Have you ever seen the 6th hole in person? If you get above the hole just a couple feet it's impossible to stop the ball unless you make it & that's on just about about every green. A 30 foot uphill putt is better than a 6 foot downhiller.

Yeah, I've been a lot.

Those kind of shots exist on a number of courses. Augusta is difficult, but it's not the most difficult around.

Yeah, I've been a lot.

Those kind of shots exist on a number of courses. Augusta is difficult, but it's not the most difficult around.

Well dang I'm wondering why the USGA & PGA keep holding majors on the same mundane courses year after year.

Highest rating/slope combo in the nation. Sometimes those numbers are trumped up, but they seem pretty legit in this case

Yeah, I've been a lot.

You almost always see Kiawah, Pine Valley, Oakmont and Bethpage near the top of any of those lists with Augusta, Pebble Beach etc. in the next tier.

Well dang I'm wondering why the USGA & PGA keep holding majors on the same mundane courses year after year.

From everything ive heard Pine Valley is a lot harder than Augusta but it's not a spectator friendly course, and the members don't really care to host a tourney.

The PGA won't go back to Oak Tree because the greens are too undulating and they can't get them fast enough without them becoming unplayable.

Not sure your point

VN Store

Back