The Masters Tournament

The USGA can set up any course & ruin it.

The USGA very rarely screws up a major set-up. I am not for sure what you are talking about. Augusta, for all its glory, isn't all that difficult from tee to green. YOu want to talk about tricking up and ruining greens, see the Masters set-up.

I forgot about all those green jackets he has & I wasn't aware he carried a 1 iron. The last person I heard of carrying a 1 iron was Nick Price & that wasn't at Augusta. I doubt anybody here could get home from the tips with two 1 iron shots. Probably not many on tour.

On 18? If so, you've lost your mind

The USGA very rarely screws up a major set-up. I am not for sure what you are talking about. Augusta, for all its glory, isn't all that difficult from tee to green. YOu want to talk about tricking up and ruining greens, see the Masters set-up.

I actually prefer the us open to the masters. I'll be there this year at the Olympic club.

I'll assume you're trolling if you really believe that.

I don't know what the original question was but I can tell you from first hand experience that Spyglass is on tough SOB. It's the toughest on the Monterrey Peninsula

Have you played Spyglass?

I don't know what the original question was but I can tell you from first hand experience that Spyglass is on tough SOB. It's the toughest on the Monterrey Peninsula

That is my dads favorite course.

That's Augusta all the time. Have you ever seen the 6th hole in person? If you get above the hole just a couple feet it's impossible to stop the ball unless you make it & that's on just about about every green. A 30 foot uphill putt is better than a 6 foot downhiller.

I haven't played Augusta, but I've been down there numerous times for the tournament and practice rounds. There are LOTS of courses that have hosted majors that MUCH MORE difficult than Augusta from tee to green. It's not even close either.

Yeah. A lot of courses they have to make ridiculously long in order to make it tough. Spyglass remains very difficult even though it's less than 7000 yards

I've never played, but it's always one that I've heard mentioned.

From the tips, the Ocean course at Kiawah is in another league of difficulty than Augusta. There are others too. All over the place. I can name several I've played that are tougher than Augusta

Yeah. A lot of courses they have to make ridiculously long in order to make it tough. Spyglass remains very difficult even though it's less than 7000 yards

I might have made a mistake. I thought I was asking Mr Augusta if he had played it since he is so sure it is tougher than everything else.

Lol. I see you will disagree with anything I say.

I've seen the guys skipping it across the water on several occasions. There's no doubt they are aiming at the pin. Of course it is a bit of a crapshoot, but it certainly isn't like it is too difficult to skip a ball across water

VN Store

Back