The lies of Tv shows and Movies

You mean when they realize it's a sham?

Axe body spray
It's not a babe magnet like it shows in the commercials not freakin at all.
But then to show mega crap or mile high crap that outdoes all other bullcrap for advertising on a huge level even angels will fall.
From what I saw on commercials it's darn clear they meant the beings with wings. I seriously don't understand why they did this it's writing a huge freakin check they can't cash like saying you can throw a Nfl football over 900 yards.

Red Bull doesn't give you wings?

It always cracks me up how on tv doctors do everything. They run all their own labs and take their own MRIs.

I've added commercials. I know that products and companies to be sold but there is stuff that gets shown that is obviously bullcrap.

State Farm Commercials
A person saying like a good neighbor State Farm is there then a sandwich, pool, or other things with the person saying what they want which instantly appear as if State Farm is a genie.
All this is bullcrap as this will not result in these things instantly appearing. If they did State Farm would be called the greatest insurance company in the world, Pacific life, Allstate, progressive, and all others would be out of business.

You mean when they realize it's a sham?

Axe body spray
It's not a babe magnet like it shows in the commercials not freakin at all.
But then to show mega crap or mile high crap that outdoes all other bullcrap for advertising on a huge level even angels will fall.
From what I saw on commercials it's darn clear they meant the beings with wings. I seriously don't understand why they did this it's writing a huge freakin check they can't cash like saying you can throw a Nfl football over 900 yards.

You can say time out and everything freezes.
This was shown in Saved by the Bell, and maybe several other tv shows or movies.
In the real world this doesn't result in everything freezing .

Bullcrap:A group under 23 can easily take over a Navy Ship.
In movie notes of Under Siege it said this would be near impossible because of the vast amount of people on the ship.

Bullcrap:Drop a hair dryer in a bathtub and you'll get the ability to hear what women are thinking from the movie What are women want.
In the real world this would result in very likely death.

Bullcrap: Problems get solved in a short amount of time as shown in the tv show Growing Pains.
There can be problems that get solved in a short amount of time it's not something the majority of times happens.

Not trying to be rude, but I think 99% of people understand that State Farm isn't literally trying to convince you that they will make a hot tub appear in your house. It's a metaphor for them always being there when you need something.

Movies like "What Women Want" aren't trying to convince the audience that a blow dryer in the bathtub will make you hear women's thoughts. You're supposed to just use your imagination.

Saved by the Bell wasn't trying to convince anyone that saying "time out" will actually freeze time. It was just a form of narrative.

These things aren't "bullcrap" as you said. No one is lying to anyone.

Last edited:
Commercials that show people acting like suburbanite nuclear families..

ADT commercials with white guys crashing into a house and being scared off by an alarm.

Tyler Perry Movies

Almost any fight scene. Some have sound effects of bones breaking but they keep on fighting..

Another one related to firearms is how getting shot even by a small caliber gun will make the person fly five feet backwards and through some type of wall/window.

More action movie bullcrap. Villain put hero in a check mate position then proceeds to start blathering and stalling, allowing the hero to escape.

In real life = dead

Here are a few lies and cliches that bug me in movies...

Stab victims who die the instant the blade pierces their skin.

People who go to restaurants in movies, order food, and then proceed NOT to eat it.

Plain chick wearing glasses becomes instantly hot when the glasses are removed.

People who answer the phone and deliberately say the person's name on the other end out loud in order to tip the audience off as to who is calling.

Big angry police chief who always takes badge and gun away from defiant officer.

I HATE the slow mo shot of the hero walking away from the burning building or car, only to have it explode and he doesn't even react to it.

555- phone numbers

Reactions: 1 person
I think they are required legally to do 555 numbers. Anybody who has ever had the phone number 867-5309 has good cause to sue.

My biggest beef is people ordering food at a sit down restaurant and then an argument ensues as they start eating and they barge out of the restaurant without eating or paying.

Reactions: 1 person
in an Asylum produced syfy original movie, the heroes are escaping an alien lightning storm in an 18-wheeler. The trailer is a dry-bulk carrier that is misrepresented as a fuel tanker loaded with thousands of gallons of diesel.

Trucks' abilities are almost always misrepresented in movies, whether it's their speed or their toughness or their handling ability. Very little of what you see in a movie is accurate in the real world.

It may have been mentioned, but when the getaway car is a 911 Turbo, or a Merc AMG, etc and a Chevy Tahoe can not only keep up with it in the straightaways, it can out manever them through corners. Always baffling. Especially consider the chasing Tahoe doesn't even know where it's going.

Reactions: DeusExMachina

VN Store

Back