The lies of Tv shows and Movies

No ring can make you invisible. There's no such thing as hobbits or elves or trolls or wizards or dragons. WTF?! Do these people think we are idiots to believe all this??

Also, I've tried for hours on end to kill people using "the force." HAH! More like "the farce!!!"

No ring can make you invisible. There's no such thing as hobbits or elves or trolls or wizards or dragons. WTF?! Do these people think we are idiots to believe all this??

Also, I've tried for hours on end to kill people using "the force." HAH! More like "the farce!!!"

You seriously need to take all this back.

I've never been arrested so I have no idea, but others have told me how arrests are depicted on TV shows and movies is usually pretty wrong.

I'm not talking where they have to break in an subdue the suspect or chase them, but like those movies where someone is framed and 10 police cars roll up to a guy getting his paper and all the cops jump out with their guns pointed at him and yell "FREEZE!".

To go along with the aforementioned inaccuracy in nearly all things firearms related just about everything portrayed in a CSI-type show is exaggerated or simply false. (The idea that armed forensics guys are busting in doors and clearing rooms alongside the SWAT guys on these shows is hilarious)

in movies and shows there is always a parking spot available in front of the bank/hotel/house/police station on the busiest street in the city.

Reactions: 2 people
in movies and shows there is always a parking spot available in front of the bank/hotel/house/police station on the busiest street in the city.

Not to mention how people get across cities like New York or Los Angeles in record times.

Everybody that comes into a scene ostensibly back from grocery shopping has one of those French baguettes and some kind of arugula/greens sticking out of the bag. Every. Damn. Time. How do these people exist on hard bread and roughage?

Reactions: 2 people
To go along with the aforementioned inaccuracy in nearly all things firearms related just about everything portrayed in a CSI-type show is exaggerated or simply false. (The idea that armed forensics guys are busting in doors and clearing rooms alongside the SWAT guys on these shows is hilarious)

I remember reading a Newsweek article back in 2005-06 about this. They interviewed several top real-life CSI people. They said on the one hand they loved how the show had increased interest in their field and they had more college kids and such looking to get into the field. On the other hand, they shook their heads at how silly they portrayed.

Basically they said they don't get to do even half the stuff they showed on TV, the stuff they do takes way, way longer, and while the technology was growing and amazing, it wasn't some magic that let's them figure out "everything". They got into how the real success rate was nowhere near what it was portrayed to be, though I'm sure now almost a decade later it's improved.

Please tell me you bought it thinking it would be a babe magnet.

No I've used it but I was not fooled by their bs that use it that's what would happen.
I was called Sunshine in High school I don't need that cologne to give me confidence because i know I'm a freakin attractive man.

Just like when I got Mjordan shoes I know they had a topnotch look but also knew they don't make you fly.
If they did the inventor would have won a Noble prize, been called the best shoes in the world or the universe, and called the godfather of inventions.

Bullcrap:No lawsuits when a cop uses excessive force. If I recall right when reading about Robocop there is times when what he is using would be considering police brutality.
Not only would the cop get a lawsuit possibly also lose his or her job.

Bullcrap: able to return after killshots. I recall this being shown in Scream 2 I think and maybe several other movies I haven't seen.
Also endure cartoon kind of damage plus hanging from a chain high above like a noose I am referring to Die Hard. Considering the chain would suffocate a person the person could not survive.
A human being can not easily return after killshots not on their own.

I think the final fight in Jack reacher comes close to showing a realistic fight where both are going to get muddy. By that I mean it's not a cakewalk, or as easy as throwing a baseball.
Doesn't mean there won't be fights that are easy because one guy is expert in a martial art or martial arts while the other is either a boxer, or is a chump with crap hand to hand fighting skills.

Bullcrap: There is no or a low amount of casualties in military action movies, and they as the United States seals, marines, etc don't get shot.
War is freakin messy so no casualties or a low amount is as astronomical as snowing only day a year in Chicago,Denver, Minneapolis, etc.
If I recall right the review I read of Act of Valor even though a fictional story I don't think it Hollywoodizes it since there active navy seals as actors in the movie and casualties even when the seals win plus they get shot it's meant to be realistic not show the Hollywood bullcrap.

Bullcrap; A person can easily hack into a city lights traffic system to alter lights shown in the Italian job remake.
If this were factual then it seems like people would be using it a lot since Los Angeles, New York City, and other cities that have vast traffic.

Also if a man could punch the amount of psi as Ivan Drago would he be killing humans easily if he's using a punch at his maximum speed?

I thought they called him Sunshine because he looked gay?

I think its reference to maybe Kc and the sunshine band, maybe the fact he looks like a hippie but I think mainly his hair a blonde that makes you think of the sun add in he is a chipper or cheerful man.

That's what I said, he looks gay.

Several women found him attractive, and if long hair qualifies a guy as looking gay then Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, bon jovi, Clay Matthews, etc all look guy.

I'll disagree with you he looks gay. and he was one though sun of gun that could kick ass, speed that kills, and a ace qb plus football player.

Several women found him attractive, and if long hair qualifies a guy as looking gay then Mick Jagger, Steven Tyler, bon jovi, Clay Matthews, etc all look guy.

I'll disagree with you he looks gay. and he was one though sun of gun that could kick ass, speed that kills, and a ace qb plus football player.

Just messing with ya.

I hate when you can see obvious black marks on the street where a chase scene has been rehearsed. :mad:

I hate when you can see obvious black marks on the street where a chase scene has been rehearsed. :mad:

Probably not so much rehearsed as they've already taken previous takes and had to re-shoot.

Same thing when they have things like someone crashes into a wall; you can see where the person or thing hit before it does, indicating it's a re-shoot.

Also, I love when you can see the marks on the floor where the actors are supposed to stand for a scene.

VN Store

Back