The Lady Vols vs Uconn.

this thread is still going? this matchup only good for nostalgia freaks....

from what I can see from any angle you look at it..... it serves neither team any good to play this series.... it will happen some time in the future in the tournament....

Reactions: 2 people
Five years ago, UCONN with Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck.

To be fair, Jefferson and Tuck were not STARTING on that team... granted, they were strong contributors.
Though it's worth noting - last year Oregon went pretty far in NCAA with a freshman lead team, may have made final four if in a different bracket...

Reactions: 1 person
With Holly as coach they need to keep the schedule as weak as possible. Coaching mis-match right now.

Everyone likes to talk about how weak Tennessee's schedule is under Holly, but a simple look at RPI/SOS suggests otherwise. National SOS rankings the last few years:

2016-17: #5
2015-16: #1
2014-15: #1
2013-14: #5
2012-13: #4

Never once outside of the top 5 in her entire career as head coach.

Reactions: 5 people
I dont think the rivalry will be started back up again any time soon just like we dont play Duke or UNC anymore because of the bad blood. I think its unfortunate to not bring 2 Champions together maybe not every yr but at least have one home and home. I think it would be great for TV and trust me i believe it would be close to at least 18k for a game at TBA. Better competition should only make us better but there are some that think we shouldnt play a team because they would beat us every yr. The football team doesnt shy away from Bama and we play them because of tradition. I understand and respect Pats decision to not play Uconn but hopefully one day it will happen for the fans and players that loved watching these two teams go at it.
But never at the expense of us apologizing to the which is what Geno has said it would take for them to play us again. If Pat were here and wanted to do that it would be fine. But she's not and I hope we don't!

Everyone likes to talk about how weak Tennessee's schedule is under Holly, but a simple look at RPI/SOS suggests otherwise. National SOS rankings the last few years:

2016-17: #5
2015-16: #1
2014-15: #1
2013-14: #5
2012-13: #4

Never once outside of the top 5 in her entire career as head coach.

What rating service? Massey has UT SOS significantly lower.

2017 #16
2016 #7
2015 #6
2014 #5
2013 #6

What rating service? Massey has UT SOS significantly lower.

2017 #16
2016 #7
2015 #6
2014 #5
2013 #6

I pulled SOS from RPI (Real Time RPI specifically). Massey has its own rating system, as does Sagarin. It's fair to point out that RPI does seem to make the Lady Vols SOS look better than the other rating systems over the last few years.

As a UConn fan, you should know better. Jefferson (17mpg 4.7ppg) and Tuck (15mpg and 6.4 ppg) both came off the bench to sub in for Dolson/Stewart
and Doty respectively. Now go back to the boneyard but first, turn in your membership card for attempting to revise history.

My mistake, you are correct.

Last edited:
I doubt it was a "nasty wish". Look at the way it was phrased. Plus, I also saw a post in another thread or on another site, I'm not sure which, that suggested that Geno had prostate cancer. I imagine that was what mcannon1 may have been referencing.

on edit: In checking, it was an earlier post in this thread. I will say, I have seen no other reference to a suggestion that Geno Auriemma had prostate cancer. It is conceivable that the original comment confused Geno with Jim Calhoun. Not every comment has sinister intent.

Jim
I posted it, i hoped all the UCONN fans would run off our board. There was no confusion, i was taking a page from Trump...lie and deflect. The topic of UT vs UCONN died with Pat. No way Holly does it while she is coach. It is time this stupid subject ends. It is a broken relationship. It isn't fixable while he is around

Reactions: 2 people
I posted it, i hoped all the UCONN fans would run off our board. There was no confusion, i was taking a page from Trump...lie and deflect. The topic of UT vs UCONN died with Pat. No way Holly does it while she is coach. It is time this stupid subject ends. It is a broken relationship. It isn't fixable while he is around

I can understand your frustration with some of the posters here, but to deliberately post misleading information that someone (anyone) has cancer when they don't is truly amazing. The next time Donald uses the "lie and deflect" technique, just remember that you resorted to the same strategy, only you were on your favorite wcbb board.

VN Store

Back