The Lady Vols vs Uconn.

So Duke's best player--Stevens--transferred to UConn? That's pretty lame--first, because Duke is a good program even when it is struggling; and second, because to give up a Duke degree for one from UConn is not very smart.

Reactions: 2 people
Basketball Capital of the world!!! U-U-U-UCONNNNNNN HUSKIESSSS

You are being an Ahole which does nothing but deflect from your great program. Every team that reaches the top of the Simmitt will eventually slide the other way. Be humble in your victories because it will not last forever. To go on another teams site and brag shows a lot of immaturity.

Nope only in the Tournament. We aren't one of those teams that need UConn to build up our brand we have a successful brand and with our name back and two consecutive Top 5 recruiting classes I would say we are trending in the right direction.

A trip to the Final 4 soon only adds to what Holly has built and to be honest the only team that concerns me this year is UConn. We have the talent (especially if Russell can truly dominate) to be in the winners circle when it's all said and done.

Reactions: 3 people
Nope only in the Tournament. We aren't one of those teams that need UConn to build up our brand we have a successful brand and with our name back and two consecutive Top 5 recruiting classes I would say we are trending in the right direction.

A trip to the Final 4 soon only adds to what Holly has built and to be honest the only team that concerns me this year is UConn. We have the talent (especially if Russell can truly dominate) to be in the winners circle when it's all said and done.

I like your optimism.
I think we're a little too young to win it all this year. When was the last time a wcbb team made it to the finals with 3 freshmen in the starting 5 ?

Your thoughts:

Tar and feathering posters who query (troll) about reviving the LV - Uconn series would help or hurt the program?

Answer: It would likely have no effect on the LV program but it sure would be satisfying.
:)

Reactions: 1 person
You are being an Ahole which does nothing but deflect from your great program. Every team that reaches the top of the Simmitt will eventually slide the other way. Be humble in your victories because it will not last forever. To go on another teams site and brag shows a lot of immaturity.

Been a while since I've posted here. I'm a UConn fan and I totally agree with teacherdean. Husky fans should enjoy the ride with humbleness while it lasts, because it won't last forever. And yes, if we are in the AAC for an extended period of time, that will possibly diminish the program post-Auriemma even more than would normally be the case.

I think my fellow Connecticut fan's post, as a visitor, was really uncalled for. I regret that s/he did it.

Reactions: 7 people
Been a while since I've posted here. I'm a UConn fan and I totally agree with teacherdean. Husky fans should enjoy the ride with humbleness while it lasts, because it won't last forever. And yes, if we are in the AAC for an extended period of time, that will possibly diminish the program post-Auriemma even more than would normally be the case.

I think my fellow Connecticut fan's post, as a visitor, was really uncalled for. I regret that s/he did it.

Thanks for your post, Cabbie. And come back soon.

I have a very good friend who is a UCONN fan and he is as classy as you are. We tease each other but he knows, as you do, every program go through peaks and valleys. I just pray that our Lady Vols are headed back to the top. A good series between UCONN and the Lady Vols would be good for women’s basketball. Thanks for your input.

I hope not this year in the tournament - we would get crushed and so will most others this year.

Geno has prostate cancer? Sorry to hear that. Thankfully, 95% of prostate cancer victims are survivors.

I doubt it was a "nasty wish". Look at the way it was phrased. Plus, I also saw a post in another thread or on another site, I'm not sure which, that suggested that Geno had prostate cancer. I imagine that was what mcannon1 may have been referencing.

on edit: In checking, it was an earlier post in this thread. I will say, I have seen no other reference to a suggestion that Geno Auriemma had prostate cancer. It is conceivable that the original comment confused Geno with Jim Calhoun. Not every comment has sinister intent.

Jim

Last edited:

I agree totally. Our 2 freshman guards are going to be amazing...can one pull a Williams of Miss St and take unconn apart. I want to play them in final 4 but not championship. The round of four allows our players to rest. If we play good...holly teams may not win as many as you like but with a few exceptions we dont get blown out by the best teams ( not Baylor, and i am sure another) she has a knack of winning big games lately against favorites. Miss St showed what team work...2 bigs and nice guard play can do to the mighty

:clapping:Absolutely not after what Geno said about Pat Summit until he admits it and apologizes. I am surprised that someone has not published the exact details of that incident.

QUOTE=maxvolfan;14507358]Your thoughts:
Bringing back this LV vs Uconn series would help or hurt our program.
[/QUOTE]
I heard he constantly spelled her name Summit, very disrespectful...that is what I heard really chaffed her rear. SUMMITT built her name. Shame on him trying to always spell it wrong!

I heard he constantly spelled her name Summit, very disrespectful...that is what I heard really chaffed her rear. SUMMITT built her name. Shame on him trying to always spell it wrong![/QUOTE]

Posted by an LV fan earlier in this thread -

never!!! wthout coach summit playing them in 1995 their would be NO GENO!!!PAT SUMMIT WAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE WOMENS BASKETBALL PERIOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ENOUGH SAID DAMMIT!!!

Would be great to see a renewal of the UConn/Tenn games....but won’t happen. P.S. A sincere thanks for Crystal! She’s special!!!

Would be great to see a renewal of the UConn/Tenn games....but won’t happen. P.S. A sincere thanks for Crystal! She’s special!!!

No need she had no interest in us and we’re happy with the 2 PG’s we’ve landed inspite of her!

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back