The Lady Vols vs Uconn.

Your thoughts:
Bringing back this LV vs Uconn series would help or hurt our program.

So Duke's best player--Stevens--transferred to UConn? That's pretty lame--first, because Duke is a good program even when it is struggling; and second, because to give up a Duke degree for one from UConn is not very smart.
. But it’s a whole lot better than one from UT!!

Reactions: 2 people
I used to really enjoy the UConn/UT rivalry. It was a great driver of the sport. Even the Auriemma/Summitt give and take added to the interest.

As things stand right now, a game between UT and UConn would probably be an embarrassment to UT. UConn has 4 of the top 15 players in the country. It's possible (probable) that their entire starting lineup will be named All Americans.

UT has some really good recruits coming in and IMO that and the house cleaning after last season will go a long way toward returning UT to WCBB powerhouse status. But they are not their yet.

That said, I just don't see UT being competitive with UConn in the very near future. Today UConn got a commit from #1 recruit Christyn Williams. Next year they will simply reload with what the team needs just as they do every year.

As for the "wait til he leaves" argument while there may be some truth to that, I would expect many of the top WCBB coaches will line up at the UConn ADs door for a shot at the job.

Thought charlie collier was #1 ? Did that change when she changed schools ?

Uccon? lol

Is that the same team that has a used to be national champion handbag special sale on Offerup?

Reactions: 1 person
Five years ago, UCONN with Stewart, Jefferson and Tuck.

As a UConn fan, you should know better. Jefferson (17mpg 4.7ppg) and Tuck (15mpg and 6.4 ppg) both came off the bench to sub in for Dolson/Stewart
and Doty respectively. Now go back to the boneyard but first, turn in your membership card for attempting to revise history.

I’ve noticed UConn fans posting more here.

Are you threatened by the freshmen’s potential?

Or is it the coach?

Wow! We’ve been found-out. Yes, we’re really threatened by a Tenn freshman class—- after recruiting the top freshman two years in a row!

Wow! We’ve been found-out. Yes, we’re really threatened by a Tenn freshman class—- after recruiting the top freshman two years in a row!

Great, then why not go back to your own teams site? You're certainly not making a difference here.

Reactions: 4 people
Hussie fans so bored by there own team that they are going around the country to troll other boards bc they have ran out of exaggerator compliments to give there players . Saw one on Baylor's Board trolling along with the Gamecocks lol

Reactions: 6 people
Hussie fans so bored by there own team that they are going around the country to troll other boards bc they have ran out of exaggerator compliments to give there players . Saw one on Baylor's Board trolling along with the Gamecocks lol

They’ve been bored for YEARS. Arguing with opposing fans is the most competition they’ve seen in ages.

P.S. Tennessee still holds a winning streak against UConn 😉

Let's just say it would be an epic coaching mismatch. So, no, it would not be in our interest to play UConn and get poleaxed on national TV.

Reactions: 4 people
I've enjoyed this board quite a bit. Had some great basketball conversations. As far as the 2 teams playing each other Tennessee doesn't need to play anyone to help them. They are beyond that. That is a ploy used for up & comers. Coaches that have never experienced success but have a great crop of kids and think if they show them what the best looks like it will inspire them to want/strive for more. That is not where Tennessee is.

Tennessee is a team that has been there done that but lost their mojo. If they happen to play each other so be it. But the only way I see it serving either team is by bolstering each others SOS, that's about it. There's always a chance they meet in the NCAA tourney and at that point it only helps the team who wins. That rivalry is dead and gone at least between the teams, apparently based on some of the responses in this thread the rivalry between the fans is still as strong as ever LOL. What we could do is make all the forum posters from each team play each other. Now that would probably be way more entertaining and I guarantee there will be many technical fouls. People might as well leave it where it is... in the past.

I've enjoyed this board quite a bit. Had some great basketball conversations. As far as the 2 teams playing each other Tennessee doesn't need to play anyone to help them. They are beyond that. That is a ploy used for up & comers. Coaches that have never experienced success but have a great crop of kids and think if they show them what the best looks like it will inspire them to want/strive for more. That is not where Tennessee is.

Tennessee is a team that has been there done that but lost their mojo. If they happen to play each other so be it. But the only way I see it serving either team is by bolstering each others SOS, that's about it. There's always a chance they meet in the NCAA tourney and at that point it only helps the team who wins. That rivalry is dead and gone at least between the teams, apparently based on some of the responses in this thread the rivalry between the fans is still as strong as ever LOL. What we could do is make all the forum posters from each team play each other. Now that would probably be way more entertaining and I guarantee there will be many technical fouls. People might as well leave it where it is... in the past.

Presently Tennessee is not at the level of UCONN, and may not be for sometime. We are gathering in the talent but, we must be real, we just do not have top ten coaching. We have had talent in the last five years, though we piled up a number of wins, however, the talent has not played up to its 5 star potential. We have the number one recruiting class presently and a top five class comeing in, the question is, within the next three years, will these recruits play up to their talent, or will we be Holly bashing and/or making excuses for our ineptitude? The jury is out.

Reactions: 3 people
Holly will win a lot of games this year. Look at the schedule. Good schedule for Holly to keep her job.

i would love it! Uconn Women by 30. Geno best womens coach of all time.

Feel better now. Yes, the ESPN Huskies are the dominant team in women's basketball, and have been for a while. I look forward to Geno's retirement, if only to see how UConn fans behave when faced with a team that is not always in first place. By the way, UConn has a sports forum if you would like to check it out. Please do.

Reactions: 5 people
I have a very good friend who is a UCONN fan and he is as classy as you are. We tease each other but he knows, as you do, every program go through peaks and valleys. I just pray that our Lady Vols are headed back to the top. A good series between UCONN and the Lady Vols would be good for women’s basketball. Thanks for your input.

My wife had a supervisor who was Tennessee orange through and through. Like you, we has some good teasing back when the teams were playing each other.

I have vacationed in Tennessee on three occasions - had wonderful visits each time. Looking forward for more trips once we're retired and want to get away from Michigan winters.

I'm looking forward to seeing how your team does this year and over the next two-three years with the talent that's been recruited to Knoxville.

I dont think the rivalry will be started back up again any time soon just like we dont play Duke or UNC anymore because of the bad blood. I think its unfortunate to not bring 2 Champions together maybe not every yr but at least have one home and home. I think it would be great for TV and trust me i believe it would be close to at least 18k for a game at TBA. Better competition should only make us better but there are some that think we shouldnt play a team because they would beat us every yr. The football team doesnt shy away from Bama and we play them because of tradition. I understand and respect Pats decision to not play Uconn but hopefully one day it will happen for the fans and players that loved watching these two teams go at it.

VN Store

Back