The Kentucky Postgame Report

Tough game, they just have to much size and depth, that ultimately just wore us down. Anyways huge game for us Saturday night at ole miss!! Could be a huge win for us! If we can go 4-1 or even 3-2 in our last 5 I think that would be successful! Would get ius to the NIT which would be a good year for this team no doubt! Go Vols!!!!

I think 2-3 is more likely. I can't see us winning at Ole Miss and at LSU, and at UF will still be tough.

There is a reason. We foul a lot.

We are small in the post so we can't bang with big guys which leads to fouling a lot. We also gamble for steals which can lead to contact and fouls getting called. It will correct itself once our posts mature.

This this this this this this!!!

I wish the boo-hooers over officiating would just think objectively about our team makeup, and arrive at the same conclusion. There isn't some conspiracy to screw UT in basketball by officials or the conference.

We foul a lot!!! End of story. We are undersized, inexperienced, and at times, undisciplined in our defense and rebounding.

There is nothing to the fact that our opponents shoot more FTs than us other than we foul our opponents more that they foul us.

Reactions: 2 people
And if Kentucky shoots their average from 3 we lose by 25, that argument unfortunately works both ways. Kentucky leads the nation is defensive 3pt%, meaning that while yes we had some open looks, they characteristically do not allow teams to shoot 7 of 17 from 3, they typically hold teams to more around 3/17 from deep.

Agree. We missed our open looks, and were forced to shoot over 6-6+ guys on our contested looks. UK defends the 3-ball well because of their length. They disrupt shooters by playing them close enough to force bad, contested shots from outside.

This this this this this this!!!

I wish the boo-hooers over officiating would just think objectively about our team makeup, and arrive at the same conclusion. There isn't some conspiracy to screw UT in basketball by officials or the conference.

We foul a lot!!! End of story. We are undersized, inexperienced, and at times, undisciplined in our defense and rebounding.

There is nothing to the fact that our opponents shoot more FTs than us other than we foul our opponents more that they foul us.

Couldn't agree more.

Owens looks like a baby giraffe on roller skates out there. Imagine him with 30-40 more pounds of muscle on him as a senior. He's gonna be a shot blocking monster and he also has a good shooting stroke on him. I'm very excited to see him develop. I thought Willie made some strides last night. Granted, he still fouled out but he was more productive in his minutes before fouling out.

I'm with you, just gotta be patient. We're gonna foul a lot this year because of our roster construction. It will fix itself as our young guys grow and mature.

Reactions: 2 people
Couldn't agree more.

Owens looks like a baby giraffe on roller skates out there. Imagine him with 30-40 more pounds of muscle on him as a senior. He's gonna be a shot blocking monster and he also has a good shooting stroke on him. I'm very excited to see him develop. I thought Willie made some strides last night. Granted, he still fouled out but he was more productive in his minutes before fouling out.

I'm with you, just gotta be patient. We're gonna foul a lot this year because of our roster construction. It will fix itself as our young guys grow and mature.

I am immensely high on Tariq if he can add the weight. He is pretty slight, so I'm not sure how much weight he can carry. If he is able to get in the 230-235 range, he has a WCS-ish ceiling as a defender IMO. WCS just looks more fluid because he has been that size for some time now. Owens does look like a baby deer walking for the first time right now, but when and if he learns to use that body with the added muscle and weight...look out.

I also thought Carmichael played much better. Probably his best game in a month or more. LSU game taught him some things I think. He needs another 20-25 lbs or so too, and a lot of skill work. He is the biggest project of our three freshmen post IMO from a skills standpoint.

60% Tennessee fans. Did an okay job of drowning out the Kentucky fans when they started their Go Big Blue crap.

That was so annoying. There was a "big" lady sitting a few rows behind me that tried to get it started about every 5 minutes.

The most annoying part would be if you found out how many of the UK fans that were at TBA wear orange in the fall.

Reactions: 1 person
That was so annoying. There was a "big" lady sitting a few rows behind me that tried to get it started about every 5 minutes.

Obese-cat.jpg

I think that we can all agree that the Tyndall Terror Defense was on full display against the #1 team in the country and possibly the best college basketball team in history. Two years down the road, I think we'll be right there with them. If the NCAA does indeed pass the freshman ineligible rule, and if Kentucky goes undefeated this season, look for that to happen, it may become the great equalizer. The other major conferences are pushing hard for that. It would be a major upheaval of college basketball. I am still hoping we get to the NIT, but I stlll think we need 17 wins to do that.
PS Once again, nice job, Chris. It takes a lot of work to put that together. Sure glad it was easier than the LSU game. The conference is strong, they lost to A & M and South Carolina rolled into Georgia and beat them.

That UK team is no where near the best in history!!! Why people think that boggles the mind.

John Wooden had probably 6 or 7 teams that would toy with them!!!

That UK team is no where near the best in history!!! Why people think that boggles the mind.

John Wooden had probably 6 or 7 teams that would toy with them!!!

There's probably 6 or 7 teams in the last 10 years that would give us trouble. As for the Wooden comment, completely different eras. Not even a three point shot when they won all those titles. They had some of basketballs best players of the time, funded by one of the most notorious boosters in Sam Gilbert. They'd probably get crushed by a lot of todays teams. Players are just too athletic, big, and strong right now in comparison to 50-60 years ago.

Loved the fight and offense,hopefully we meet in the arc tourney and we can get our three to fall,things would get interesting

This UK team may be the best this year, but I doubt they could beat that UNC team with Jordan, Worthy and Perkins. Phi Slama Jamma of Houston with Drexler and Olajuwon were tough and those running Rebs of UNLV with Augmon and Larry Johnson were very good. Lots of great teams from the past. Plus college competition was much better because you had guys staying at least 3 years.

There's probably 6 or 7 teams in the last 10 years that would give us trouble. As for the Wooden comment, completely different eras. Not even a three point shot when they won all those titles. They had some of basketballs best players of the time, funded by one of the most notorious boosters in Sam Gilbert. They'd probably get crushed by a lot of todays teams. Players are just too athletic, big, and strong right now in comparison to 50-60 years ago.

Not even sure it's Cal's best team or even in the top 3. Other than UK, his Memphis team had talent and something he hardly ever has...experience. While this year's guards are good, he has had more athletic ones.

They were simply too talented.

Only reason we outscoured them in the paint was due to the KY guards shooting it too much instead of passing it into the post players. Play them 10 times and KY wins 10 times.

Kentucky = Best Team Money Can Buy

I was surprised that Booker missed so many. He really has a smooth shooting motion... don't think he drew iron on his made shots.

Classy move by Devin Booker today when he checked on the TN cheerleader that he ran into. Tweeter I think.

Not even sure it's Cal's best team or even in the top 3. Other than UK, his Memphis team had talent and something he hardly ever has...experience. While this year's guards are good, he has had more athletic ones.

I think all that matters is they are 26-0. Enough said right there. It's like Maty Mauk. Who cares if he's good or when all he does is win. We're halfway through February and yet to lose. Insane.

I was surprised that Booker missed so many. He really has a smooth shooting motion... don't think he drew iron on his made shots.

Classy move by Devin Booker today when he checked on the TN cheerleader that he ran into. Tweeter I think.

How is she btw? I haven't heard

VN Store

Back