The Houston Roughnecks have named Jarrett Guarantano the starting quarterback

People are allowed to not like a football player. No one has said anything yet other than that he is a bad QB, which there is evidence of at two different colleges.

I honestly hope he does well, but I’m not gonna act like fans disliking him is some grievous insult.
Dislike?? You're gauge merely by this thread, only, then
So many supposedly grown azz people disparage a college student/athlete trying to do the job multimillion $$ paid coach sent him out there to do, over the years
BVS is hella drug but some of y'all ain't fit to be around children. Ha!

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
I don't watch non-NFL pro games, ot BFL games except maybe parts of the Super Bowl, if ex-Vols are featured. BUT, I will peek at JG's performance states or news once in a while just to see how he's doing. He was a Vol, he got pile driven at the time, got back up to try again. His haters and critics here wouldn't have been able to do what he did. And he did it in spite of the psychological burden fans heaped on him. When you can't respect something like that, you are quite despicable.
None of you haters and critics could have done what he did, especially not under the same circumstances.

Not only that, but to think our opponent had more class than some of you.
1711547707604.png

Last edited:
People are allowed to not like a football player. No one has said anything yet other than that he is a bad QB, which there is evidence of at two different colleges.

I honestly hope he does well, but I’m not gonna act like fans disliking him is some grievous insult.
You’re also allowed to keep your mouth shut and not be a whining B as well but a lot of our posters can’t do that. I’ll never get the joy in crapping on a former player?

What would someone be "bitter" about? He wasn't a good QB at UT. Nothing against him personally... at least not from me. He just had some sort of mental block that prevented him from being a good QB.
I think Botch Jones and Jeremy The Gump Pruitt contributed to that. He went to Washington St and couldnt stay healthy. Was presumed to be their starting QB tho.

That is entirely your right. I have a different perspective on life than some do. That is also my right to express.

Reactions: AllVol11717
I wish JG nothing but the best....He just never showed here that he was a SEC QB.....To be honest I associate him with Pruitt which makes it even worse.

I can’t think of anyone who would want to go back to the JG years at TN.
I think far more of the blame lays squarely on the bald pointy head of the former head coach whose name doesn't deserve being mentioned on here.

All you idiots bashing on JG. He is getting paid to play football while you clock in for your 9-5. Sit down.
I'm 28 and make more working from home for myself part time than he will. I don't like JG. Have a nice day at work, be safe on the commute. Pack a snack.

What would someone be "bitter" about? He wasn't a good QB at UT. Nothing against him personally... at least not from me. He just had some sort of mental block that prevented him from being a good QB.
Yet he's getting played to play QB in a pro football league and those calling him a "bad QB" likely never touched a pro field as a coach or analyst at a level beyond HS.

Just something to think about. Maybe our ability to judge is limited?

Reactions: swampfoxfan
Why do you think being a below average journeyman pro quarterback is a better career than what others on this board do for a living?
You think you have any idea what it's like to be someone like JG or Josh Dobbs? I'll bet you and I have no idea what it is really like.

For a young man (that's below 40 to me,) I think being a pro athlete is a rare and probably really difficult job that probably pays okay. I'm not sure what the NFL minimum is now, but it's probably not bad.

JG probably isn't getting rich but he's having an experience that's extremely rare while he's a young man. Good for him

Reactions: swampfoxfan
You think you have any idea what it's like to be someone like JG or Josh Dobbs? I'll bet you and I have no idea what it is really like.

For a young man (that's below 40 to me,) I think being a pro athlete is a rare and probably really difficult job that probably pays okay. I'm not sure what the NFL minimum is now, but it's probably not bad.

JG probably isn't getting rich but he's having an experience that's extremely rare while he's a young man. Good for him
Josh Dobbs is currently on a 1 year deal worth $2,250,000.

Reactions: Zues1 and tennrich1
Josh Dobbs is currently on a 1 year deal worth $2,250,000.
And good for him. He's done nothing but represent himself well and fulfill his role as a backup at various places.

He's young. He's smart. When he's done with football, he'll have had a pro football career which few people can say they had.

I don't get demeaning anyone who can make any money from athletics. I've known a couple of guys, met another one over the weekend, who played bball overseas. Good for them.

Did it make them rich or famous? Not at all, but it is still an extraordinary achievement to be a pro athlete.

VN Store

Back