The House voted 229-191 to pass H.R. 1422; EPA related

Yep. Just proof the Fed EPA is useless.

But boy if you have deep pockets and or they can make the news they're all over your azz.

I don't think they are entirely useless. As with most government agencies, I believe they were started with a good intent, but along the way have overstepped their boundaries in a huge way and have been given far more authority than they should have.

Realistic goals and expectations are not words that would collide with the EPA's philosophy these days.

I don't think they are entirely useless. As with most government agencies, I believe they were started with a good intent, but along the way have overstepped their boundaries in a huge way and have been given far more authority than they should have.

Realistic goals and expectations are not words that would collide with the EPA's philosophy these days.

This is true across the board with Federal Agencies.

There is no mechanism to stop their growth and reach. That is the core problem - mission creep.

This is true across the board with Federal Agencies.

There is no mechanism to stop their growth and reach. That is the core problem - mission creep.

There are mechanisms, it's called budgets and Congress.

Unfortunately Congress lacks the balls to shut them down and continues passing laws that empower them.

Reactions: 1 person

They have become a political tool.

Late to the thread but...

Pollution in one state makes its way to other states and effects citizens of states that had no say in the original pollution laws. That's why I'm in support of a federal level control.

It's possible for one state to sue another.

VN Store

Back