The Horror Movie Thread

Dead Snow: Red vs Dead better than the first DS?? I've only seen the first one; remember very little about it honestly

Reactions: 1 person
Dead Snow: Red vs Dead better than the first DS?? I've only seen the first one; remember very little about it honestly

Watch it, I was really surprised how good it was. Laughed my ass off. Only beating I've seen worse by a main character was Hills Have Eyes

Endorsements from both Jerry and BD... impressive! It's on the list

There's not only an Insidious 3, but it's already out? Where have I been? I didn't see a single thing about them making a 3rd one. And honestly, i can't even remember if I saw the 2nd one. Which one was Darth Maul in?

It's an awesome series, insidious 3 is probably now my favorite horror film of the year.

Dont know if Im in the minority here but The Conjuring was actually a decent flick..more suspense than anything. I didnt fall asleep once during it.

Dont know if Im in the minority here but The Conjuring was actually a decent flick..more suspense than anything. I didnt fall asleep once during it.

Yeah, good movie.

Another really suspenseful horror movie I would recommend is Session 9.

Session 9 was wonderfully creepy.

And in the context of the OP, it was available on Netflix for a while. Might still be, but I haven't checked.

It's not on there right now, but it seems like every 3-4 months or so they have it for streaming.

I've seen a few Spanish language horror flicks that weren't too bad. Here Comes the Devil (Mexico) and Asmodexia (Spain). Suspenseful with a dash of oddball Satanism.

I liked it, and Annabel

I recently watched Late Phases on Netflix and was shocked by how much I enjoyed it. It is a damn good Werewolf film. Best I've seen since Dog Soilders

I'll have to try that.
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJgXfzSYehk[/youtube]

My son talked me into watching it with him last week. I sit down expecting to watch a crappy b movie with bad acting and bad cgi. What I watched was a really good werewolf film. They used practical effects. The characters and setting of the film was unique and refreshing. One of the better horror films I've seen this year honestly.

It's not on Netflix at the moment, but I strongly recommend seeing It Follows.
I watched it and liked it myself. I loved the 80s vibe of the music and setting. I will say that the last 20 mins of the film kind of disapointed me. You get a huge build up through the first two acts that has very little payoff. The film just kind of ends. You are left with way more questions than answers. I really hope a sequel gets made.

I definitely liked Babadook. I'm a sucker for the horror movies that I haven't seen done before. It's hard to find those nowadays. Everything is just re-hashed ideas from movies years ago.
The Babadook is the best horror film I've seen this year. It is disturbing and unsettling on a deep psychological level. Essie Davis was simply amazing in this film

The best thing since Skyrim; I'm hopeless addicted. The best storyline of any game I've ever played.

Great. I've been playing skyrim for months and have 3 characters I'm damn far in on. But by starting the 3rd time, I decided I don't want to pay followers that can level you up for free or even followers that charge you out the bum. I never joined any groups the first time around while getting up to level 50 or so. I didn't use alchemy, or enchanting or magic.

The 2nd time around I leveled up a lot by using followers as trainers and got to about level 60. On my 2nd character I also wouldn't pickpocket or break laws(other than lockpicking which shouldn't be a crime in a cave) but that includes trespassing or assault. The first character I cheated in stealing by saving before hand and then reloading if I got caught cheating but I decided that's not fun and didn't steal at all with this character. I used my werewolf form to kill the stupid ghost deer thing because it counts as assualt even in human form. Then I also used werewolf to destroy the guy with the rings and armors so it didn't count and I pawned the cursed ring off on a follower so I could get the regular ring, cursed ring and saviors hide.

3rd character I'm use everything. All of the magic, both armors, both weapons and maxing out everything by trying to grind. Still not cheating or stealing or making ridiculous potions, only the perk points and leveling up by doing it all in combat. That's not to say I won't cheat on the shield or sneaking by just letting it run on it's own but for now I'm up to level 37 I think just grinding and I've done it in just over 30 hours. Still joined no groups and haven't even done the golden claw mission so no dragons yet haha... the last reason I restarted yet again... I wanted to know how much time I was actually spending playing the damn game. My one character was 500 or 600 hours and I'm like whoa, really?

I had cheated with sneak and taping down the block button etc. while leaving the game running for hours but that isn't what racked up all those 600 hours. Did you know if you pause the game it counts towards your play time on pause? There were times I left it on pause 4 days at a time, multiple times. That's so stupid pause time counts(also stupid of me to run my system for 4 days at a time). Ultimately it's not a big deal and doesn't bother me but I would like to know how much time I'm spending on just one game/character. 30 hours to get up to level 37 while grinding seems like I'm on a pretty quick pace given how slow I was in the past even while paying to upgrade or cheating to steal.

Needless to say, if you're saying Witcher is the best thing since Skyrim, I hate you and you've ruined my life. I don't need to spend a nother 6 month playing one game and only one game. Hell, Skyrim may take me 12 months at this point because I'll randomly play it here and there for a few hours at a time. I might go 5 days without playing but when I sit done and play it's like 5 hours. Poof... 5 hours just gone on a single game.

Sorry to take the thread off topic.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJgXfzSYehk[/youtube]

My son talked me into watching it with him last week. I sit down expecting to watch a crappy b movie with bad acting and bad cgi. What I watched was a really good werewolf film. They used practical effects. The characters and setting of the film was unique and refreshing. One of the better horror films I've seen this year honestly.

Preview looks good, thanks for posting.

VN Store

Back