The Golf Thread

haha true true. I haven't been playing long, but i picked up on everything relatively fast, except the short game. :banghead2:
then just use the bump and run technique that GAVol described earlier to hit all chips until you can work on other shots. Play the ball at the back of your stance, weight on left foot, firm wrist, turn shoulders back and through never hinging the wrist, hit down on the ball (think about squeezing the ball against the ground with the club - really squeeze down on it). Use different clubs depending upon how far you need to carry the ball in the air vs amount of roll.

we don't really. this is more of a hodge podge thread with some passing references to golf.

Well, golf for some of us is a hodge podge game.

Speaking of which, I've had my first two calls of the year wanting to know if I wanted to play a round. I declined, on the basis that I don't want to use up all of my good shots for the summer before the honeymoon.

Also, I'm feeling kind of lazy and don't yet feel up to the frustrations of realizing that my body won't do what my mind thinks it should. That can wait a week or two.

Fine Vol-116 stop laughing

Miniature or regular size?

Seriously, if all golfers actually played the ball down, took all penalties, putted out, and counted every stroke, the answer to this question would be much, much higher.

Seriously, if all golfers actually played the ball down, took all penalties, putted out, and counted every stroke, the answer to this question would be much, much higher.

for the record i was in casual water yesterday afternoon and my nearest point of relief would have been a bush, so I chose to hit out of the casual water. Out of fear of splashing water all over myself, i bladed the ball cleanly and sent it completely over the green and into a bunker. Should've just cheated.

Probably 5-7 shots higher. Having to putt everything out will get inside people's heads if they are not used to it.

List your best golf score ever! Yes you must tell the truth.

Fine Vol-116 stop laughing

....and yes every stroke was counted.

It was before youngsters and I was playing two or three times a week. Nowadays anything under 82 is a good day for me. If I shoot over 82 (which I do more often than not) there are generally some mindless wasted strokes left on the course.

I really like my hybrids, I hit them really well. If you can just get it in your head that it's not funny to look at when you look down you'll probably hit it really well.

hybrids are evidently a God send for everyone but me. This may sound odd (although I'm 95% sure I've already discussed this on here), I hit the stupid things too well.

VN Store

Back