The Golf Thread

Anything can happen at Augusta, but I'd be surprised at Weir or Dimarco winning. Those guys just aren't playing that well right now.

hence why i said to wait for it. Dimarco has come to Augusta playing like trash though and still finished high and contending on the last day before and for whatever reason I expect to see it again.

He has to be the favorite on the morning line, considering the body of work he has assembled recently.

That said, i have a strong feeling that one of the young Englishmen, Rose or Donald, will win the Green Jacket this year
JTrain my friend,

If Luke Donald ever wins at Augusta, I'll send you my clubs.

I am teeing it up tommorrow for the first time in 9 months. Doc said I was crazy and would not advise it but he didn't forbid it, pretty much said you know what you are and aren't capable of. I went to the range yesterday and hit a buckets worth of wedges and putted for about an hour and felt no discomfort, just a tad bit sore today, going back to the range today and try to make a few swings with the driver and the long irons, I hope like hell they have widened the grid......just feels good to be swinging again.

Went to the range today just to make a few swings with the big stick, came home minus $ 800 bucks and carrying a new set of Taylormade r7 TP irons......still not sure how it happened.

JTrain my friend,

If Luke Donald ever wins at Augusta, I'll send you my clubs.

Okay, BPV, i'll send you my address. They're sure to be an upgrade over my Silver Scots!!

Note that i really love my irons, had a buddy who is a pro at Lyman Meadows (uppity course in the area, they've had some minor tour events) build me irons when i got out of the service....after a year with them, i got another set of 845's off of ebay, and probably play 7-8 strokes better with them than with the customs. I figure i learned to compensate subliminally for my bad habits with the 845's, whereas the fitted clubs required me to swing correctly.

Okay, BPV, i'll send you my address. They're sure to be an upgrade over my Silver Scots!!

Note that i really love my irons, had a buddy who is a pro at Lyman Meadows (uppity course in the area, they've had some minor tour events) build me irons when i got out of the service....after a year with them, i got another set of 845's off of ebay, and probably play 7-8 strokes better with them than with the customs. I figure i learned to compensate subliminally for my bad habits with the 845's, whereas the fitted clubs required me to swing correctly.

bro, you don't want my clubs. blade irons and an old 510 TP driver.

I'm 100% satisfied with my new r7 TP's, 10 to 12 yards longer on every iron......worth every penny, best golf equipment investment I've made in years.
Anyone interested in a used set of Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro series irons 3 - E wedge in great condition ?

I'm 100% satisfied with my new r7 TP's, 10 to 12 yards longer on every iron......worth every penny, best golf equipment investment I've made in years.
Anyone interested in a used set of Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro series irons 3 - E wedge in great condition ?
I'm betting that you'll find the lofts stronger and/or shafts longer on the new irons. Tp line doesn't tend to have the type of spring to generate the added yardage because it's too inconsistent.

extra inch in shafts
new set over one with 9 years of play
stronger, healthier back

all the above = improved distance

now, to work on that little problem of finding the fairway ( lack there of ) off the tee.

well Woody just choked on 18

his drive was in the left rough, he tried to hit a hybrid on his second shot and topped it and the ball went about 9 feet, and never made it out of the rough

His third shot, he hit the same hybrid and pushed it right into the water

That second shot looked like a 20+ handicapper

I am playing in a tourney soon. I need to buy clubs and a OK driver. I am goin cheap. I will spend 200. on a driver and 200.00 on irons. What would you guys look at?

I am playing in a tourney soon. I need to buy clubs and a OK driver. I am goin cheap. I will spend 200. on a driver and 200.00 on irons. What would you guys look at?
I would spend less on the driver. Can probably get a couple year old model for about $75. I would spend the remainder on irons and TGW.com or Golfsmith have some pretty good irons on sale in the $300 ballpark. I'd also look hard at eBay

That's just me. I'll see what I can find out there and PM you.

I would spend less on the driver. Can probably get a couple year old model for about $75. I would spend the remainder on irons and TGW.com or Golfsmith have some pretty good irons on sale in the $300 ballpark. I'd also look hard at eBay

That's just me. I'll see what I can find out there and PM you.
cool thanks.

Worst Case, this Taylor Made R7 draw driver brand new for $149 (I'm assuming you slice it hard) isn't bad at all.
Golfsmith.com: Proshop

Another decent deal on a new TM driver:
TaylorMade Golf Clubs: TaylorMade r5 Dual D TI Driver

I would also look at the Cleveland Launcher 460 or Original Cleveland HiBore on eBay. Those prices fall in a hurry when the new ones come out. Can probably get those for around $50.

Irons:
Just look on eBay and PM me with what you find. there are just too many options and all are pretty good.

VN Store

Back