The Golf Thread

So far, it is officially undecided, although I think we are both leaning in the same direction. Let me get some arrangements made this week, and I'll post it.

I'm either going to have to get a lot better really fast, or the wrong person might just start off with the upper hand in this marriage. Maybe I'll go read a golf magazine.

sounds good
I'm guessing Pinehurst

Cink legitimately spits the bit. I'm not sure I any longer like the idea of him on our Ryder Cup team.

After watching him melt down the last few weeks that is probably the popular opinion and maybe justified, but the fact remains that he is one of the very, very, very few American players that have had any amount of consistant success recently against the Euros in the Ryder Cup. I can't point to any 1 reason why but Cink and Scott Verplank seem to be at their very best in the matches against the boys from across the pond, maybe they take it a little more personally.

where are you headed

It won't be official until tomorrow or Wednesday, but the answer is....

drumroll please...

Princeville. We might head over to Kapalua and play as well. Looks like I'm going to have to practice, but I'm really looking forward to hitting balls into a brand new ocean.

ditto Lex's comments

My second one has really has cut into the golf

Same here. I managed to play a pretty good bit with my first son, but since my second son was born in November I've played exactly 3 rounds of golf in 4 months.

I had both at one time, so imagine what that did to me. Not to mention mine spent their first 95 days in the hospital and first couple of years effectively quarantined.

Only real golf I played was on trips and, as you might imagine, I spent most of those miserable from missing the wife and kids (read: getting my arse handed to me because I had no touch)

The most I played after my second was born.

I took the week after off from work, and played every afternoon

The in-laws were in town, so I didn't think it was any big deal, but I still hear about every now and then

looks like Tiger caught a break today. He was playing so-so and got his last 7 holes rained out. tomorrow, he'll probably have it, make up 4 shots on those 7, then cream the field on the final 18.

i'm not ready to concede that Tiger is out of it, but he's going to have to put up one heck of a number if they ever get to finish.

However, if he comes back and wins, I'll finally believe he can win every event he enters this year.... That being said, I'm not even certain he's my Master's favorite this year.

Tiger's run may have just gotten derailed by a cameraman. What is so hard about waiting until after contact to take a picture?

A cameraman couldn't contain himself and started shooting right in the middle of Tiger's downswing and he came over the top of one and left it short and left and ended up making a bogey.

I'm not even certain he's my Master's favorite this year.

He has to be the favorite on the morning line, considering the body of work he has assembled recently.

That said, i have a strong feeling that one of the young Englishmen, Rose or Donald, will win the Green Jacket this year

He has to be the favorite on the morning line, considering the body of work he has assembled recently.

That said, i have a strong feeling that one of the young Englishmen, Rose or Donald, will win the Green Jacket this year

Justin Rose just seems like an Augusta winner. I know most will think it's ludicrous to say, but Tiger will be too heavily favored at Augusta. I am leaning towards Rose and wait for it......

Mike Weir or Chris DiMarco.

Anything can happen at Augusta, but I'd be surprised at Weir or Dimarco winning. Those guys just aren't playing that great right now. Dimarco is in a free fall.

VN Store

Back