The Golf Thread

what kind of favorable rulling to did Tiger just get on 16..
1 minute he's standing in a creek bed..the next he's taking a drop in the fairway

Typically you rent them at the course and its ridiculously expensive relative to the round. I've not had to do it, but have had people come into town and pay $50 to rent clubs for a $75 round. Why? Because they know you need them and you've got nowhere else to go. And most courses make every group go out with that number of golf bags and clubs, so no sharing is permitted in most cases. Now, if you are doing a charity thing, they may not check or even care.

I saw your post the other day about shooting 110 and I gather you do not have a set of clubs. Given that, my suspicion is that if you actually kept accurate score and didn't take mulligans, you probably actually shoot more like 125. Don't sweat it, you've got to start somewhere.

My advice is that you go to a Play It Again Sports where they sell used equipment. Used golf clubs in Florida are more common than sand here, so you can probably buy a good basic set of used irons for $100 or so and then a cheap used driver and putter for maybe another $100.

Why should I pay $200 for clubs when I can rent for $50, you ask. Good question. If you ever want to play the game well, you need to get a set of clubs that you use all the time. It makes a difference. Then you need to go take lessons. You can buy into a group lesson for $80 to $100 and usually get four hours of instruction for that, along with three or four other folks. It is so worth it.

You live in Florida. If you don't invest some time and money on the front end to learn how to grip, line-up, and swing the club properly, you are letting one of our greatest advantages in this state go to waste. There's good golf courses every 30 feet.

Have fun tomorrow. Hit 'em straight. And remember, mulligans are for losers. Don't be a loser, never take a mulligan.

Unless it's for a lot of $$. :hi:

Had some guys coming in for business and were to play Hermitage (Nashville) tomorrow at 11:30. They just bailed until next week.
I'm going to keep the time for now. If any of you are around and looking to play a round, lemme know.
President's Reserve is pretty nice.

Had some guys coming in for business and were to play Hermitage (Nashville) tomorrow at 11:30. They just bailed until next week.
I'm going to keep the time for now. If any of you are around and looking to play a round, lemme know.
President's Reserve is pretty nice.

I wish I would have seen this earlier today. I would have driven up to Nashville to play today since the weather was so nice. Haven't played the President's Reserve either. Damnit man!

I wish I would have seen this earlier today. I would have driven up to Nashville to play today since the weather was so nice. Haven't played the President's Reserve either. Damnit man!

It's a great track. You pay for 4 and get a free round. It averages out to be @ $45 a round. I have some guys that will fly thru Nashville and roll over there to play. They say it would be a $120 course where they live. I play well there for some reason. I don't play well at Springhouse. That'd be a good 2 rounds of golf.

Anybody played Tobacco Road in Sanford, NC? If the weather permits, I'm heading there tomorrow after we get released for the day.

VN Store

Back