The Golf Thread

forget the Knit head covers, as soon as I find a used Scotty Newport
I'm sending it in, and turning it into a tribute to the Vols...

Orange Scotty.jpg

Rolled in about a 20 footer for par on #18 to card a 1 over 73 today and got rewarded with having to help my wife paint the kitchen when I got home.

Tiger played awful today hit some pretty bad drives but that is nothing new. He just could not make any putts. He is 6 shots back.

Yeah, that was pretty sad. He was hitting it sideways. Amazing how he went from striping it to that.

Tiger had a solid round finished -11 which will prolly be 3rd. It could have been a lot better but he had a couple of bogeys on a Par 5 and short Par 4. All in all a good tournament for him, now on to The President's Cup.

His swing is fine IMO. He looked good again today. Only a matter of time before he's consistently in contention again.

If he can get the driver sorted out he will be fine but that has always troubled him.

it was pretty dumb, but from reading Craig Parry's account, it sounds like he legitimately was forced to quit when he ran out of balls.

Yeah, but he allowed himself to run out of balls by trying shots unlikely to ever get to dry ground.

Got to love Daly a little bit. He simply doesn't give a sh** when he gets in that mode

Playing in a 4some in a group of @ 16 tomorrow. You can only bring 3 clubs and a putter. It's not my style, but I'm going out there to have a good time. Anybody ever done this? I'm thinking about Driver, 6 iron, and pw. I might be screwed in the sand, but I can hit, punch and chip with my pw from greenside to @ 130 yds. Not sure what to do with the middle iron. Playing partner is rolling with the 3 wood, but I can hit the driver off the deck pretty well if I have to, and I don't like to tee off with the 3 unless it's called for.
Suggestions?

those are solid picks, have you looked at the yardages for the holes, and seen what's the most prevelant distance you'll be hitting for a second shot...then compare that distance to what you need to reach on the Par 3's...

That could help you decide on the middle iron

Last edited:

VN Store

Back