The Game has passed the Lady Vols by...

Hell, she could have been offered more money. Did you or the person who first posted the Lie ever think about that?
Well at least we're down to one capital, making progress.

Whatever, I've always had an unreasonable love for Kyra Elzy, even as a player, and I'd love to have her back. But I don't have a scrap of Proof!

Reactions: 1 person
I have read that Fulmer is likely to extend Holly's contract this month (April). For 3 more years..... Please, if you can, contact Fulmer and express your feelings on this. Especially if you are a donor, or a big donor.

Ruined my day to read she was getting a contract extension, and then the 3 year stuff. AArrgghhhh

I have read that Fulmer is likely to extend Holly's contract this month (April). For 3 more years..... Please, if you can, contact Fulmer and express your feelings on this. Especially if you are a donor, or a big donor.

Ruined my day to read she was getting a contract extension, and then the 3 year stuff. AArrgghhhh

This would just flat out be a terrible decision unless it includes no buyout. The type of incompetence that has plagued the athletic department.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Everyone needs to keep in mind that if Holly were to step down tomorrow, then quite a few other people she loves like family -- her staff -- will essentially be out of jobs, too.

That's a heckuva responsibility for anyone, and while it is certainly true that someone shouldn't take on that kind of responsibility for others' livelihoods unless they have the stomach to make difficult, sometimes painful, decisions, it still doesn't make it any easy thing to do.

What kind of logic is this...You are saying, if you pay me to mow your yard and I only mow half of it, you are still going to pay me like I mowed all your yard because you don't want me to lose money....What kind of logic is this!

Reactions: 2 people
Now that I think about it an extension would probably signal a parting gift severance.

I will always like and appreciate COACH Fulmer..but its obvious he doesn't have the stones to be a real AD. Holly NEEDS to be fired. Pure and simple. And Phil doesn't have the guts to do it. This isn't the job for him...cuz he can't handle the tough decisions the job demands.

Reactions: 4 people
Well at least we're down to one capital, making progress.

Whatever, I've always had an unreasonable love for Kyra Elzy, even as a player, and I'd love to have her back. But I don't have a scrap of Proof!

FYI:
From KNS:
“...Warlick, UT's head coach, announced that the school and Elzy had mutually agreed to part ways. Elzy had been promoted to associate head coach last summer and her total compensation was increased to $239,484.00. She will be paid through May 2.

'Kyra and I spoke this afternoon and agreed that it would be best if we parted ways,' Warlick said in school release. 'I have the utmost respect for Kyra as a person and as a coach. We have been friends for a long time and our friendship will remain strong.

'I want to thank her for all of her hard work and collaboration, as well as her role in our success the last four years, including three Elite Eight appearances. Her leadership and knowledge have been important to our success on and off the court. She is an outstanding coach, and I wish Kyra nothing but success in the future.'...

There was a lot of speculation. I don’t think anyone knows beyond the statement. She was offered $245,000 at KY. I doubt ~$4,555 annually was a deciding factor. I’ve always loved Kyra and still do, pulling for her in every game...unless it’s against us.

I agree but one thing we witnessed about Fulmer as a head football coach is that he was reluctant to make changes on his staff away from coaches who weren't getting it done on the recruiting front. He was left with a staff in the end that wasn't recruiting worth a flip. Phil went down with the ship.

So you're saying it was a mistake to hire Fulmer in so far as restoring the Ladies to former prominence?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back