The Game has passed the Lady Vols by...

But how long will that last if UT continues to under perform? Pat Summitt's legend and UT's past history will fade. Ten years w/o a final 4 and two early outs in a row.
Sooner or later top recruits are going to opt for a school where the coaching staff will help them grow their skills and compete on a national level.

Not sure how true it was but from what i hear Kyra Elzy left that staff because she did not like the way Holly was coaching. Now if that`s true Kyra Elzy was 100% correct. Some disagree but the Fulmer should look at her as the next head coach. She will fix the pg and sg spot because it has been a disaster.

Reactions: 1 person
He just doesn't give a crap about firing his friends.

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

I guess that just about sums it up doesn't it.
Friends have no place in the discussion. This friend of his has downgraded the program with NO end in site.
It is embarrassing..........and friend or not, Filmer needs to pull the plug!

How LOW does the program have to get, before the University sees that. How low does the attendance have to get. How many loses! When do the bleeding stop?

:lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove: :lolabove:

I guess that just about sums it up doesn't it.
Friends have no place in the discussion. This friend of his has downgraded the program with NO end in site.
It is embarrassing..........and friend or not, Filmer needs to pull the plug!

How LOW does the program have to get, before the University sees that. How low does the attendance have to get. How many loses! When do the bleeding stop?

I agree but one thing we witnessed about Fulmer as a head football coach is that he was reluctant to make changes on his staff away from coaches who weren't getting it done on the recruiting front. He was left with a staff in the end that wasn't recruiting worth a flip. Phil went down with the ship.

Warlick was doing much of the coaching in Pat's final years and it was apparent then that she had no idea what she was doing. Lots of us never wanted her to be given the job but a few on here replied we were fools and she would lead the Lady Vols back to the promised land. Look at what that sorry excuse for a coach has done, plenty of history but none of it good. Hopefully she has the decency to just resign and let this team have a coach that actually knows what the hell they are doing.

Reactions: 2 people
If you got paid over $650,000 a year for mediocre work, would you quit? Ain't happening! Fulmer et al. need to step up and make the change. Hopefully he has a hotel room booked in Columbus and takes the UT checkbook with him...

Who is in Columbus? Here is to hoping Fulmer don't Curry this up.

If you think the program is bad now, wait till next year when we lose the only center who played any significant minutes. We will be hurting inside and still struggling at point guard.

The ultimate negative “first” will fall next year: missing the tournament.

Currie would’ve fired her. And he was going to give us Mike Leach...

I’m starting to have second thoughts about the Fulmer Experiment.

Currie would’ve fired her. And he was going to give us Mike Leach...

I’m starting to have second thoughts about the Fulmer Experiment.

Currie would have extended her contract because she's a cheap HC and Currie wanted to avoid coaching searches. He wanted to keep Butch Jones as long as he possibly could.

Reactions: 2 people
The Columbus comment was meant in reference to the Final Four. That's where it is held this year for the women, meaning Fulmer should take the UT checkbook this year when he goes and offer a better coach the job

If you got paid over $650,000 a year for mediocre work, would you quit? Ain't happening! Fulmer et al. need to step up and make the change. Hopefully he has a hotel room booked in Columbus and takes the UT checkbook with him...

Are you talking about hiring McGuff?

We knew this team was going nowhere with Holly. But at least you have to expect getting to the Sweet 16 and beating a lower seeded team...AT HOME where you are 57-0 historically. But leave it to this garbage, Harley riding, loser coach to set yet another negative milestone...and destroying every proud tradition this program had.

"I don't know"...she always says. Then after losing to lesser teams in the league she says " They fought hard...and that's ALL I CAN ASK FOR". All you can ask for? That's something Alcorn Tech's coach says after coming up short vs UCONN or something. NOT something a favored coach says after crapping away yet another game you should darn well win. Gee whiz....the girls tried hard. BS. Holly has vaporized this program from all the great pride and history it once had. Keeping her on this job is criminal.

Unfortunately, we now have an athletic director who is sitting in the position he has wanted for a long time. His concern for the Lady Vols is not a high priority like we know it should be. Fulmer's primary concern is with the football program and everything else is secondary. I am concerned with how far he will allow the Lady Vols basketball program fall until he does something to save it. He is probably content to see the Lady Vols make it to the NCAA tournament regardless how far they go in the tournament. Perhaps, it will take a year or two of not making it to the tournament for Fulmer to do something proactive like firing Holly and finding a new coach. Let's hope he doesn't wait too long that no coach will want to take over a dead program with no quality recruits. Go Lady Vols !

Completely agree! And if they're concerned about the financial impact of a change, I'll donate $5k myself and head up some fundraising here in my local community. A few of us LV fans could raise a significant amount. 15k fans giving $40 ea is $600k - we could raise her buyout pretty quickly...

I’d like to see this happen? 🤔😂😂

Holly is the HC as long as she pulls in top 5 recruiting classes... unfortunately a large part of drawing recruits is the LV legend, so unfortunately it's a catch-22-- the program draws enough talent by itself to keep a bad coach in place.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Everyone needs to keep in mind that if Holly were to step down tomorrow, then quite a few other people she loves like family -- her staff -- will essentially be out of jobs, too.

That's a heckuva responsibility for anyone, and while it is certainly true that someone shouldn't take on that kind of responsibility for others' livelihoods unless they have the stomach to make difficult, sometimes painful, decisions, it still doesn't make it any easy thing to do.

Has the game passed the Lady Vols by? Yes!

CPS at least knew she needed to lean more about the newer offenses which is one reason she did hire Harry P. as a consultant. It doesn't appear Holly got that memo.

I seriously disagree. I don't think knowledge of the game has passed the Lady Vols by.

I think the basic coaching obligation of demanding effort and improvement has left this program during Holly's term. High school All Americans don't excel at this level in college unless they are off the charts self motivated (very rare--ex. Catchings) or, more usually, until their coach demands effort and improvement.

Candace Parker said it best last week on ESPN, and I'm paraphrasing. She said that her coach, guess which one (hint: Pat something or other), told her words to the effect that hustle always trumps talent without effort.

What a wise observation.

I don't think it's as simple as that. Everyone needs to keep in mind that if Holly were to step down tomorrow, then quite a few other people she loves like family -- her staff -- will essentially be out of jobs, too.

That's a heckuva responsibility for anyone, and while it is certainly true that someone shouldn't take on that kind of responsibility for others' livelihoods unless they have the stomach to make difficult, sometimes painful, decisions, it still doesn't make it any easy thing to do.

Like Johnny worrying....

IMO, at the time it happened, Holly was likely considered a placeholder hire until Tyler got enough experience to come in and take over.

Anyone with half a brain knows very well that Pat's years-long plan was for Tyler to coach on the floor that bears both their names.

If some other great coach had taken over and had great success, then he/she would want to keep the job for as long as they could. If Holly was given the job then she could hold the program steady for a few years then gladly hand the job back to the Crown Prince.

But as we all know, Tyler made career-ending mistakes and the plan came crashing down. Pat never intended for Holly to do anything but hold the keys safely until Tyler was ready to drive the car, and at that point -- BEFORE all the mess -- it seemed entirely likely that he'd also be capable of leading a good program at a young age. It was not meant to be.

Holly proved to be a more than adequate keeper of the Lady Vol traditions involving strong academic performance, strong community involvement, and all the off-court qualities that we've always admired and respected in our Lady Vols.

But, sadly, Holly lacks the level of basketball knowledge and the ability to instill confidence IN that ability that top-tier coaches with top-tier talent MUST have in order to maintain a top-tier program.

I hate it that the program is stuck on mediocre now, but that's where we are until a change is made.

I would hope that a respectful arrangement could be made that allows her to understand that, while her lifelong, undeniable love for the Lady Vols is acknowledged and deeply appreciated, that it is simply time to also acknowledge that being a head coach is not one of her strengths.

She'll always be a great Lady Vol, loved by many. But she needs to lead now by getting out of the way.

Love the Lady Vols always.

Amen......give her the same position that Condredge was given with football......CHW should have a position at UTAD as long as she wants to be here.....

VN Store

Back