The Dark Tower (February 17, 2017)

Susan Delgado - Alex McGregor

400full-alex-mcgregor.jpg

I'm actually very ok with her.

I also found this promo image just a minute or two ago which leads me to believe they may be telling this version of the story as the beginning of where the books end, with Roland having the Horn of Eld. Which would actually be awesome in its own way if they manage it right.

latest

I really hope they don't try to cram/parse the Dark Tower story into one movie. I just don't see that working well at all, especially for anyone familiar with the source material.

I like Idris but not in this role. Eastwood in his prime basically IS Roland but he's too old now. Names that lept to my mind were Viggo Mortensen, Clive Owen & DD Lewis. Maybe even Hugh Jackman.

I really think Viggo sprung to mind as it's pretty easy (for me anyway) to picture Strider warping from Middle Earth and swords to Roland's world and gunslinging.

As an aside I think

The man in black fled across the desert and the Gunslinger followed.

Is one of the best opening lines of any novel.

Ok I really hope that this stays mostly faithful to the epic supernatural fantasy book series.

It will have changes but I hope the changes are for good logical reasons and not lameass reasons of making changes simply because they can.

If this is really happening in July, we should see some trailers soon. Unless it's going to be delayed again.

A leaked one was out in October, but I didn't see it. Rumor is that an official one will be released around Christmas.

Can't wait. One of my favorite book series.

It is a epic book series.
Practical effects for the Crimson King should be used. The Crimson King that is basically Satan in this Universe of the epic book series The Dark Tower book series.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I agree 100%

The idiocy of cgi gets overdone including when it's utterly unneccesary.
The Dark Tower book series is a fantasy horror book series that is epic as Star Wars.
Yep I don't think you could say the genre fantasy horror or Stephen King and not think The Dark Tower book series.

It logically makes sense to make this 3 or more movies.
It be a extremely long movie if they decide to try to fit most stories of all books in 1 movie also trying to fit to much in 1 movie.

So undeniable divide it up into 3 or more movies so this epic book series is done justice on the big screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
i think i read the 1st 3 or 4 books. i think i got halfway finished with wolves of calhala (whatever the name is) and then i stopped reading it. man i've forgotten about a bunch of that book. it needs to be 4 or 5 movies at least or it will be as lame as the hitchikers guide to the galaxy. i'm going to finish those books now.

I'm halfway through the final book. May finish by the movie release, lol.

I'm assuming you bought all the books instead of the ones that collect multiple books similar to how you can buy a movie series that has 2 or more movies.

I bought the individual books, yes.

The Gunslinger got rereleased with a new cover.
Barnes and Noble and other book stores don't have Buisnesses if all books are electronic, and signing books electronically plus book promos I don't doubt most authors would loathe using that way

So reasons why I don't imagine the tangible books won't become obsolete.

VN Store

Back