The Coffee Thread

I've got a Breville burr grinder and use a Chemex. Also have a French Press.

I haven't ventured out with beans. Stick with local roasters.

Not a cold brew guy, but will drink on occasion.

Reactions: RockyTopInBham
Casa de Maxwell......maybe add a little Tullamore Dew and Bailey's if I'm feeling the need.

My new Mr Coffee Burr grinder and Zell metal cold brew filter have been great. I made a large jar Monday and still have enough coffee for tomorrow a.m. The taste is rich and smooth, almost like a mocha chocolate ice cream. I use a small Aerolatte blender to froth skim milk and stevia before adding the coffee concentrate.

Reactions: 1 person
My new Mr Coffee Burr grinder and Zell metal cold brew filter have been great. I made a large jar Monday and still have enough coffee for tomorrow a.m. The taste is rich and smooth, almost like a mocha chocolate ice cream. I use a small Aerolatte blender to froth skim milk and stevia before adding the coffee concentrate.

What beans are you using. I may buy the zell kit

I've got a Breville burr grinder and use a Chemex. Also have a French Press.

I haven't ventured out with beans. Stick with local roasters.

Not a cold brew guy, but will drink on occasion.

Strongest coffee I’ve ever had was brewed via Chemex. It was delicious but holy **** afterwards felt like I was coked out

Okay, different tangent.

Favorite fast food place coffee?

Sonic Green Mountain is heads and shoulders above the rest IMO.

Truthfully I like McDonald's, but my most commonly consumed cheap road coffee is from Sheetz.

Does Wawa count?

I suppose it could.

Maybe the question should be "other than normal coffee shops" rather than fast food joints.

FYI though, I've never had ANY gas station coffee that's worth a hootie darn.

I just cold-brewed a batch using Chattanooga's resurgent Fleetwood Coffee beans, Dining Car Blend. It turned out delicious.

I use a toddy for my cold brew. One batch usually lasts me 3 days when I do it.

I’ve been on a big Expresso kick lately. Wish I could invest in a nice Expresso maker so I can flip flop between that and cold brew.

I have a French press that I love. I usually brew using the James Hoffman method which takes a lot of the guess work out of a French press and makes an amazing cup.
Sometimes I make cold brew in it as well.

I also have a moka pot that can be finicky but makes great coffee once you get used to it. I started pre heating the water and that helped a lot. It’s the closet I can get to espresso without spending hundreds of dollars.

Anyone who hasn’t yet needs to buy a burr grinder for their coffee like yesterday. Freshly ground beans make the biggest difference in coffee flavor no matter how you’re brewing.

VN Store

Back