The Cleveland Browns incompetence is mind blowing

Do people still attend Browns games for the Browns??

True Browns fans are the most loyal fans of any team of any sport in the USA. You'd have to be to support such a dumpster fire.

Personally, I feel that the Browns will most likely be the first team in NFL history to go 0-16 two years in a row.

Reactions: Hairy Vols
True Browns fans are the most loyal fans of any team of any sport in the USA. You'd have to be to support such a dumpster fire.

Personally, I feel that the Browns will most likely be the first team in NFL history to go 0-16 two years in a row.
I think they may do very well this year. Definitely better than last year

I kinda hope Dez does sign with them. I really want another team to be the worst in the NFL for once. Browns having the #1 pick every year is getting old.

Free Beer for first win.

bud-light-collagejpg-70a85450b7a78edc.jpg

Reactions: TNfan#2
I don't think they'll have to wait very long. I could see Cleveland stealing one from Pittsburgh in week one (past 3 matchups have been pretty close), or perhaps against the Jets in week 3. JMO, but I really do think they can be much improved. This is the first time in a LONG LONG time I've thought they had a competent QB, and a decent offense. Have some good players on defense too. I mean....I would be absolutely stunned if they went 0-16 or 1-15 again this year. Stunned.

I think they go 6-10 and with a few breaks, maybe 9-7 and a playoff spot. If Josh Gordon gives them a whole season, they will go 9-7.

They will beat the Jets, Raiders, Bucs and probably sweep the Bengals. They might even sweep the Ravens. With a healthy and focused Gordon they might steal one from Denver and Carolina.

Im ready to hear D4H back up his stance of hoe dumb the Browns are as their draft picks are both looking incredibly solid.

As Mayfield looks to be in a different league than Josh Allen and Denzel Ward is in many peoples contention for an early Defensive Rookie of the Year..

I'm amazed by the Cleveland Browns ability to screw up what should have been a layup of an NFL Draft. They had the 1st overall pick and the 4th overall pick in arguably the most talented draft class of the last 30 years. There were franchise QBs galore to choose from and future All-Pro defensive players all over the place. They had a golden chance with 2 picks in the top 5 to build a dynasty of the future. If they had drafted Saquon Barkley and Josh Allen, for example, I was ready to call them the Philadelphia 76ers of the NFL. That dominant NFL team of the future.

Instead the Browns drafted what are essentially the next Johnny Manziel and the next Justin Gilbert #1 and #4 overall. As you know from my prospects rankings, I didn't think either Baker Mayfield or Denzel Ward were worthy of being selected in the entire 1st round at all. Let alone in the top 5 picks. The fact these two mediocre players went ahead of surefire NFL studs like Saquon Barkley, Josh Allen, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Lamar Jackson, Derwin James, Bradley Chubb, Marcus Davenport, and Leighton Vander Esch will look mind bogglingly stupid in a few years.

I can't believe how incompetent the Cleveland Browns are. They might be the most poorly run organization in professional sports history.
Easy. One word. Haslam
[Edit:] Actually 2 words. Haslam. Idiot.
[Add] Just because one can steal money from trucking companies does not mean you are a football genius.

Honestly, I think they got it right with Baker. Now, a terrible pick was Nick Chubb
Im ready to hear D4H back up his stance of hoe dumb the Browns are as their draft picks are both looking incredibly solid.

As Mayfield looks to be in a different league than Josh Allen and Denzel Ward is in many peoples contention for an early Defensive Rookie of the Year..
Mayfield has been playing well and Allen is just as inaccurate as we saw in college. Ward, I thought was picked a little high but he has HUGE upside and is showing it. Now, referencing the above quote .. I'll just let that sit there for a while.

Ward is better than I thought. He looks like a good CB. But I question his durability. He looks slight and has bad tackling. He could get injured playing the way he currently plays.

Mayfield is not in the same galaxy as Josh Allen when it comes to talent. Right now Mayfield simply has better talent around him than Josh Allen that is why he might have better production in the short term. But in the long term, talent will rise to the top.

I'm 100% confident that in 2-3 years, Josh Allen will universally be looked at as the top QB in the 2018 draft. And the Browns will feel like idiots for passing on Josh Allen for a mediocre talent like Baker Mayfield.

Ward is better than I thought. He looks like a good CB. But I question his durability. He looks slight and has bad tackling. He could get injured playing the way he currently plays.

Mayfield is not in the same galaxy as Josh Allen when it comes to talent. Right now Mayfield simply has better talent around him than Josh Allen that is why he might have better production in the short term. But in the long term, talent will rise to the top.

I'm 100% confident that in 2-3 years, Josh Allen will universally be looked at as the top QB in the 2018 draft. And the Browns will feel like idiots for passing on Josh Allen for a mediocre talent like Baker Mayfield.

I'm 100% confident that he'll have a better career than Allen. He has Brees talent. Allen is just a lot of talent with a lot of hope. He'll probably pan out like Bottles.

I'm 100% confident that he'll have a better career than Allen. He has Brees talent. Allen is just a lot of talent with a lot of hope. He'll probably pan out like Bottles.

That's not saying a lot. Before Brees got paired with an offensive mastermind in New Orleans, he got run out of San Diego. Drew Brees success in the NFL has been mostly the result of Sean Payton's scheme and his own elite intangibles. Drew Brees had little in the way of natural talent. He was short, unathletic, and had a weak arm. If anything Mayfield actually has more natural talent. He's slightly taller, has better athleticism, and a much stronger arm. But then again when compared to Drew Brees, almost every NFL QB has more talent.

What made Brees special other than for Sean Payton's system was his incredible work ethic. There are stories of Drew Brees getting to the facility in the dead of night to watch film many hours before practice the next day. Baker Mayfield had to be told on Hard Knocks by Hue Jackson to show up as early as Tyrod Taylor in the facility. That right there should tell you Baker lacks Brees work ethic. Brees even after all his success is still outworking everyone in the film room. Baker before even winning the starting job is working less than the guy ahead of him on the depth chart.

Imagine what Baker will do if he gets some short term success. Do you think he's gonna show up to the facility earlier than everyone else? Or will he be content to read his press clipping and thinking he can continue to succeed in the NFL with just his natural talent? Work ethic is what separates players in the NFL. The best players of all-time (i.e. Jerry Rice, Peyton Manning, etc.) typically had the best work ethics as well.

That's not saying a lot. Before Brees got paired with an offensive mastermind in New Orleans, he got run out of San Diego.

You knucklehead. Brees made the Pro Bowl in '04 (while still a Charger) and in '05 completed 64.6% for 3500+ yards. He also was tied for #4 in TD's and was 7th in rating for anyone with over 3K yards.

Did you happen to forget (or didn't bother to learn) he tore his labrum in the last game of the season? The Chargers offered him a 5yr deal but (no doubt because he was coming off an injury) it was pretty heavy on incentives. He told them to shove it and went to the Saints. You know the rest.

Reactions: 95 Vol Alum

VN Store

Back