The Bruce Pearl Thread

Would you be for Bruce Pearl's return if Martin is fired after next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me first say even though I am not impressed with Cuonzo so far, I hope he gets it done. As for BP, obviously not coming back ever, but heck yeah I would take 6 straight NCAA tournament appearances again and be competing for the SEC championship every year. The guy did a dumb thing lying about the kid at his house, but I personally don't care because the guy can coach his nutz off -> i.e. Kansas win

I couldn't agree more

YES.

Hope you are happy with the NIT every year.

UT makes the dance this year. Then all you fickle fans who can't give a coach one year to get a program rolling will have nothing to complain abou...wait, I'm talking to UT fans. There's always something to complain about.

The guy was picked to finish 11th in the sec and he finished 2nd. Behind only the national champs. IN HIS 1ST YEAR!!

He took Jeronne Maymon, a guy The genius of Pearl couldn't figure out how to use, and turned him into an all SEC player.

Look at Mcrae's development. He's made huge strides under Martin.

Just chill the F out, and let the man do work. Its that simple!

/End Rant

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
The guy was picked to finish 11th in the sec and he finished 2nd. Behind only the national champs. IN HIS 1ST YEAR!!

WTC are you talking about, UT finished 5th in the Eastern division and had 7th best record in SEC, then lost in second round of SEC tournament?

I am giving him this year to get us back to NCAA tournament, if we are not in it then only thing he has done is taken a team that went to 6 straight NCAA and turned us into what we were before BP.

WTC are you talking about, UT finished 5th in the Eastern division and had 7th best record in SEC, then lost in second round of SEC tournament?

I am giving him this year to get us back to NCAA tournament, if we are not in it then only thing he has done is taken a team that went to 6 straight NCAA and turned us into what we were before BP.

Haha..might want to check the standings again.. You're looking at Pearl's last season.

Get your facts straight. UT finished the regular season 2nd in the SEC.

They had the same SEC record as Vandy and Florida, with head to head wins against both.

Even someone who casually follows the team should know that.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
UT makes the dance this year. Then all you fickle fans who can't give a coach one year to get a program rolling will have nothing to complain abou...wait, I'm talking to UT fans. There's always something to complain about.

He took Jeronne Maymon, a guy The genius of Pearl couldn't figure out how to use, and turned him into an all SEC player.

Look at Mcrae's development. He's made huge strides under Martin.

Just chill the F out, and let the man do work. Its that simple!

/End Rant

I'm pretty sure Bruce Pearl made the tournament his first year and every year after.

How can you criticize Martin so hard when you don't even know what he's done?

I'm all for giving him a second chance. I believe he learned his lesson. But, Let's give Mr. Martin a chance here. It is a process. This is year 2. Relax.

ABSOLUTELY !!! As soon as Bruce comes off that show cause penalty we should send the Cuonz packin' !!!

Someone please explain why coach Martin had us overachieving last year, but so far this season we can't break 40 points in a game? If this is what we are going to look like this year, I'll sit out watching just like I did this football season. Can't take much more.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism, but dude obviously doesn't even know what happened last season.

Yeah, you're right I googled 2011 because I couldn't remember and read wrong stats, my fault...the long football season is wearing on me. The finished 2nd is crap anyway because we had the 7th best overall record which is all that matters in why we didn't make the tourney. As mentioned I hope Cuonzo does well but doesn't seem to make any adjustments and game management isn't there..Despite his faults at least BP adjusted to his teams often such as pulling back the press few years back when team was more of half court team. I am still going to many of the games in 2013, but if we don't make the tourney we can call it another crap hire for Hamilton.

Yeah, you're right I googled 2011 because I couldn't remember and read wrong stats, my fault...the long football season is wearing on me. The finished 2nd is crap anyway because we had the 7th best overall record which is all that matters in why we didn't make the tourney. As mentioned I hope Cuonzo does well but doesn't seem to make any adjustments and game management isn't there..Despite his faults at least BP adjusted to his teams often such as pulling back the press few years back when team was more of half court team. I am still going to many of the games in 2013, but if we don't make the tourney we can call it another crap hire for Hamilton.

I know Bruce couldn't recruit . coach. or teach. But, damn he sure could win.

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve criticism, but dude obviously doesn't even know what happened last season.

You shouldn't need to google stats just from last year and where UT finished. It's apparent that you are like most posters on here and pay little attention to what actually goes on and just pop off without even knowing the reality of the situation.

5th in the SEC? Really? Good Lord.

Someone please explain why coach Martin had us overachieving last year, but so far this season we can't break 40 points in a game? If this is what we are going to look like this year, I'll sit out watching just like I did this football season. Can't take much more.

Maybe we didn't overachieve

Know a better term for finishing 2nd in the SEC after being picked to finish 11th?

Tied for 2nd (with 2 others) and picked to finish 11th (w/o Stokes, who turned the UT season around).

Under or overachieving for CCM still TBD, but overachieving last year seems to be leading.

Look at the schedule.
3 losses to very good defensive teams on the road.
We sucked on the road last season.
We still suck on the road.
I'll write the season off if it continues the next 5 games at home.
It won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back