The Atlanta Braves (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The lights at Turner are tricky sometimes;
For the life of me, there are two things about Turner Field that I don't get:
1) Why are there no lights in the outfield so that outfielders could actually see the back half of the baseball on a fly ball?

2) If they were going to leave open site lines, why is all the open air behind RF instead of LF so that instead of looking at a parking lot, you could see the Atlanta skyline from down inside the stadium?

Last edited:
. . . and I know they designed it to be a pitcher's park, but 390 to Right Center has really cut into the power numbers of some pretty good lefthanded hitters.

Here's a little Braves nostalgia from Jayson Stark's Twitter. Thought this was kind of funny . . . and amazing.

I think Bruce Chen set some kind of record last night. He started a game for 8 different teams (& pitched for 10) before 1st career shutout!

Bruce Chen is Exhibit 1,999,877 as to why people should force their male children to throw lefthanded.
Definitely . . . If you're lefthanded and have any stuff at all, there will always be a job available in somebody's bullpen.

So if the Braves and Padres win tomorrow, Atlanta, SD, and SF will all be tied with a 91-71 record. How will that work out in the standings of NLW and the wild card?

So if the Braves and Padres win tomorrow, Atlanta, SD, and SF will all be tied with a 91-71 record. How will that work out in the standings of NLW and the wild card?

The padres and giants will play monday for the west. The loser then plays the braves tuesday for the wild card.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

From ESPN:
SCENARIO NO. 1

Sunday: San Diego beats San Francisco; Philadelphia beats Atlanta
Records:
San Francisco 91-71 | San Diego 91-71 | Atlanta 90-72
Outcome:
San Diego is the NL West champion (wins head-to-head tiebreaker)
San Francisco is the NL wild card
Atlanta is out of the playoffs

SCENARIO NO. 2

Sunday: San Francisco beats San Diego; Philadelphia beats Atlanta
Records:
San Francisco 92-70 | San Diego 90-72 | Atlanta 90-72
Outcome:
San Francisco is NL West champion
Monday -- San Diego at Atlanta for NL wild card

SCENARIO NO. 3

Sunday: San Diego beats San Francisco; Atlanta beats Philadelphia
Records:
San Francisco 91-71 | San Diego 91-71 | Atlanta 91-71
Outcome:
Monday -- San Francisco at San Diego for NL West title
Tuesday -- SFO/SDG loser at Atlanta for NL wild card

SCENARIO NO. 4

Sunday: San Francisco beats San Diego; Atlanta beats Philadelphia
Records:
San Francisco 92-70 | Atlanta 91-71 | San Diego 90-72
Outcome:
San Francisco is NL West champion
Atlanta is the NL wild card
San Diego is out of the playoffs

Screw it. After the disaster today, I figure it can't get much worse. I just bought tickets and I'm going to Turner Field tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back