The Atlanta Braves (thread 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was the best Turner Field crowd I've ever seen. It was like a football game. Reminded me of the early 90s over at the old stadium.

No doubt. I've had enough disappointment for one weekend.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Amen, brother.

And what a relief after a wild ride. I'll just enjoy whatever Braves baseball is left this year.

So glad for Bobby Cox. The numerous times I've been upset with him is evidence of how much success he's had - if I didn't care that many times, he wouldn't have been doing a great job. And unlike some of his esteemed peers, his last season is at least a playoff season.

Bobby's best job ever??? The worst to first team still gets my vote.

Eh, I think Cox cost the team a handful of wins by not figuring out by June that Infante's bat needed to be in the lineup everyday over Cabrera/McLouth. The roster was sort of a disaster, which isn't Cox's fault, but he should have mitigated it by realizing much earlier that he had a guy on the bench who could improve the position. It's also hard to wax rhapsodic about the job the manager did the way that the Braves swooned late again. They've had a really crappy record in Septembers in recent years.

The difficulty with evaluating Bobby Cox is that everything that he does magnificently -- clubhouse management, player management, personality-juggling, etc. -- happens in the locker room out of sight of fans. The players and the media worship him for it, but we rarely see much of it. The part of a manager's job that is squarely in the public view -- tactical decisions, making out the lineup, that sort of thing -- is stuff that Cox isn't any better at than any other manager. For ordinary fans to believe that Cox is a great manager in any way other than that he lasted in one job for a really time requires a certain leap of faith.

Lowe is 2-0 against them this year with a 2.38 ERA

Can we keep up the run support??

Last edited:
Last edited:
Congrats on making the Playoffs. Not exactly the way I am sure you guys wanted to see the last few weeks go but now anything can happen.

I think it's going to be very difficult to get past the Giants with their pitching but you guys have great pitching as well so I expect the series to be very low scoring.

I will say Giants in 4.

Good Luck.

Congrats on making the Playoffs. Not exactly the way I am sure you guys wanted to see the last few weeks go but now anything can happen.

I think it's going to be very difficult to get past the Giants with their pitching but you guys have great pitching as well so I expect the series to be very low scoring.

I will say Giants in 4.

Good Luck.

Aren't you cheering for the Braves? I'm sure you'd like to see the Reds come to Atlanta for a couple games.

I'm in the same situation but opposite location. I think the Phillies will win, but am cheering for the Reds. I'd love to go to an NLCS in Cincy and watch the two teams play.

So who is going to make the post-season roster?? CAC thinks Melky is going to be the odd-man out, and they are going to keep Glaus and Freeman. Sorry, I just don't see anything worth keeping Freeman for. As "useless" as Melky is, I think Freeman would be worse.

http://capitolavenueclub.com/?p=3095

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back