The Association Football Thread

Is there anyway to fix that? I know the transfer window is closed

Only for another 4 days. A quick Google search brought me to this blog post, with an breakdown of the needs and potential targets for each of the EPL teams. I for one would be SHOCKED if United bring in Sneijder, but I guess you never know.

January 2013 Transfer Window – Club by Club Guide | Blog Oddslife

I also know that Liverpool have got to make some kind of move over the next month. They are currently holding on just inside the top 10, but are actually only 8 points out of 4th place. It's unlikely that they'll qualify for either CL or EL, but they're still in the hunt, and a big signing in January could maybe get them back in the mix for real.

Only for another 4 days. A quick Google search brought me to this blog post, with an breakdown of the needs and potential targets for each of the EPL teams. I for one would be SHOCKED if United bring in Sneijder, but I guess you never know.

January 2013 Transfer Window – Club by Club Guide | Blog Oddslife

I also know that Liverpool have got to make some kind of move over the next month. They are currently holding on just inside the top 10, but are actually only 8 points out of 4th place. It's unlikely that they'll qualify for either CL or EL, but they're still in the hunt, and a big signing in January could maybe get them back in the mix for real.

I would be shocked if Sneijder also. But he would be perfect.

Total BS that only La Liga players were in the FIFA World XI!!! RVP deserved recognition over Falcao. There were far better GK's than Casillas in the Bundesliga, EPL and even Serie A last season. Vincent Kompany deserved recognition over Pique or Ramos in my opinion. FIFA is becoming a joke.

Result of Spain winning the Euro.

Chelsea won the Champions League so why wasn't that taken into account? I was also under the impression that this was for league play as well. The likes of Marcelo, Pique, Ramos and Falcao are not the best at their respective positions and Falcao and Marcelo are both not Spanish.

What are you thinking about the Bayern matchup? My brother is a big Bayern fan. He's confident.

He has every reason to be confident. I think Arsenal only win if they can manage to get on top of them in the first game. One huge help would be if we got a non-cup tied player to move in and play. Biglia or M'Vila would make a huge difference.

Chelsea won the Champions League so why wasn't that taken into account? I was also under the impression that this was for league play as well. The likes of Marcelo, Pique, Ramos and Falcao are not the best at their respective positions and Falcao and Marcelo are both not Spanish.

The Spanish NATIONAL team won, thus they have many players on the team. You also have two of the three best teams in the world in Spain.

The Spanish NATIONAL team won, thus they have many players on the team. You also have two of the three best teams in the world in Spain.

That should have no bearing, the voting is based on league play. Even if that was taken into primary account, it is still absurd that there are no players from other leagues like the EPL or Serie A in the team. RVP, Kompany and Pirlo should have been included in that team IMO.

Insane start to the Arsenal-City game.

I genuinely think Mike Dean is one of the worst referees in the premier league. Interesting fact Warren Barton just pointed out.. Arsenal have won 1 in 16 games his was the referee for. Completely a coincidence I am sure.

Last edited:
I genuinely think Mike Dean is one of the worst referees in the premier league. Interesting fact Warren Barton just pointed out.. Arsenal have won 1 in 16 games his was the referee for. Completely a coincidence I am sure.

I actually think it was the correct call

VN Store

Back