The All Things Cycling Thread

Bump. Bump. Bump.

Looks like I'm the only one riding this week.

Another 35 tonight and I won the sprint back to the shop by a hair. Brings my total this week to 97 miles. My goal of 200 miles will not be reached, but I may reach 150 if I ride in the rain tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. They're calling for rain for the next 5 days, at least. I had better get used to it.

Ho, how did the tri go?

Bump. Bump. Bump.

Another 35 tonight and I won the sprint back to the shop by a hair. Brings my total this week to 97 miles. My goal of 200 miles will not be reached, but I may reach 150 if I ride in the rain tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday. They're calling for rain for the next 5 days, at least. I had better get used to it.

Ho, how did the tri go?

good stuff Vt. i got a couple decent rides in this week. been cold and rainy this week.

Bump. Bump. Bump.

Ho, how did the tri go?
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Struggled but finished. Windy day. The swim was choppy. The 56 mi on the bike was a bear and run was more like a walk. I add a 8 hour plus time.

Congrats, Ho.

I was hoping Jesus would take me to heaven on my bike, but I'm okay with staying here with my bike. Hauled ass to my destination, now I have to turn around. Bugs are out in full force.

Edit: 25.5 miles in 1:27:43. Feels great.

Last edited:
59 miles in 4 hours. Got my first flat of the year and had to return in some very, very nasty wind. Also, just barely beat this storm including hail.

finally got back on the bike. 28.5 miles on the road saturday. hit 41 mph coming down the mountain. tried to ride my mtn bike on sunday. drove to the trails only to discover that my front derailuer is hitting my chainring. stupid.

Haha. Got word tonight from the LBS owner (over some Mexican food and a pitcher of margaritas) that I'll most likely be riding Ultegra components and a Shimano RS80 wheelset. Tomorrow we are throwing 105 shifters on to see how I like them, then I will probably work those off. When he gets his Easton EC90 Aero wheelset in he's going to throw the RS80's on my bike to test out. Then we're gonna start looking at upgrading me to Ultegra brakes and derailleurs. All at wholesale cost. He's also looking at starting a racing team and was super impressed with my sprinting ability the other night. I'm now determined to get to around 180lbs and be a guy like Thor Hushovd.

Also, the state is building a new Western Illinois University campus on the Mississippi River in downtown. To get state funding, one of the requirements is to have a bike shop on campus. They approached him, they're going to tailor the building to his desires... and he's looking for a shop manager. He also offered me to go along with on the charity rides that he does fixing bikes with him, all expenses paid plus about $20/hour. Doesn't look like I'll be moving to Savannah anymore. :D

Haha. Got word tonight from the LBS owner (over some Mexican food and a pitcher of margaritas) that I'll most likely be riding Ultegra components and a Shimano RS80 wheelset. Tomorrow we are throwing 105 shifters on to see how I like them, then I will probably work those off. When he gets his Easton EC90 Aero wheelset in he's going to throw the RS80's on my bike to test out. Then we're gonna start looking at upgrading me to Ultegra brakes and derailleurs. All at wholesale cost. He's also looking at starting a racing team and was super impressed with my sprinting ability the other night. I'm now determined to get to around 180lbs and be a guy like Thor Hushovd.

Also, the state is building a new Western Illinois University campus on the Mississippi River in downtown. To get state funding, one of the requirements is to have a bike shop on campus. They approached him, they're going to tailor the building to his desires... and he's looking for a shop manager. He also offered me to go along with on the charity rides that he does fixing bikes with him, all expenses paid plus about $20/hour. Doesn't look like I'll be moving to Savannah anymore. :D

wow Vt, looks like things are lining up well for you. you might have to quit the beer stops, while training, to get to 180 lbs tho.:yes:

nice man. thats a sweet gig.

Put the 105 shifters on my bike. Daaaaaaaamn. They're so far ahead of the microSHIFT ones that I had before. I just wish it wasn't thunderstorming out so I could put them to the real test.

25 on Tuesday, 37 on thursday and 31 this morning... wrist was finally without pain after ride for the first time in what seems like forever. :dance2:

7 on Thursday and got a flat going 30+mph downhill. Lucky I felt it go and saved myself from a horrible ending which would have, undoubtedly, ended me up in oncoming traffic. Did 35 tonight and got my third flat of the week, all in the rear wheel. Ridiculous, so I had my LBS order me two new tires (Vitorria Rubino in orange). At $33/each wholesale, they better be some damn good tires. It's a miracle that my wheel is still true. But I've spent over $30 on tubes and CO2 cartridges this week alone. I need to get some patches to patch the old tubes.

Does anyone want to donate to my mountain bike fund? Lol. I'm going to Vegas in September for Interbike, we're spending a couple of days in Moab. I'm pretty sure we'll be testing out the 2012 models so I'm gonna need to get acquainted with mountain biking...

The pro winner of today's criterium lapped the peloton on a .8 mile course. He also won yesterday in Muscatine. And he's from Argentina. Pretty bad ass and nearly unheard of.

got back in the saddle, this weekend, after a long weekend. legs definately appreciated the rest. went and rode the flat roads with the road bikers. i believe that if i had a road bike, i could keep up with a lot of them.

Put in 50 tonight. 18MPH average. I'm spent. No beer, either.

VN Store

Back