The Alabama Postgame Report

Last year CCM had a starting lineup with 5 4*'s to start the season. First time in Tennessee's history with that highly ranked starting five.

I was inclined early on to find fault with his coaching, but , with so many screaming "give him a chance" I did and pulled for him.
The hand writing is on the wall. I wonder if Maymon even returns next year. He has been limping for six months or more and for that to happen there has to be some major necrosis in the knee.

Do you happen to know how many minutes our four stars played under Pearl? I will let you figure it out. It's like a 4 star true freshan QB in the SEC. Our guys had NO experience.

Do you really have to ask that question? Do you not realize who was leading the hire and that UT was under a NCAA investigation at the time?

And I don't know who was singing the praises of Martin. I wasn't, but I was willing to at least give him a few years before saying he isn't what we need. He gets at least next year. If he doesn't make the NCAA tourney with that roster then he should be fired.

There were actually alot of mid-major coaches with better resumes who would have jumped at the chance to coach at UT. Nevertheless, CCM will get another year, but year 3 could likely be his best since he will have Maymon for one more year.

After that, back to square one. Guys, I'm not trying to be a downer here but I just don't see much good coaching. I see players regressing except for McCrae - but McCrae is really just playing his game that has been there all along. I just don't see CCM as a guy who is going to get it done.

Last year CCM had a starting lineup with 5 4*'s to start the season. First time in Tennessee's history with that highly ranked starting five.

I was inclined early on to find fault with his coaching, but , with so many screaming "give him a chance" I did and pulled for him.
The hand writing is on the wall. I wonder if Maymon even returns next year. He has been limping for six months or more and for that to happen there has to be some major necrosis in the knee.

And tell me how much those four stars played before last year? The star rating is horsesh*t. Do you honestly think Stokes is a 5 star? I'd rate him a 4 star on his absolute best day. Right now McRae is the closest thing that we've had to fulfilling his rating out of high school and it took 3 years for us to even see any of it.

Hopson was rated a 5 star coming out of high school. Did you know he stayed in school longer than any of the other 5 stars in his same class coming out of high school his same year? They all left before him. 5 stars pan out for UT about as well as a game winning last possession does for UT.

There were actually alot of mid-major coaches with better resumes who would have jumped at the chance to coach at UT. Nevertheless, CCM will get another year, but year 3 could likely be his best since he will have Maymon for one more year.

After that, back to square one. Guys, I'm not trying to be a downer here but I just don't see much good coaching. I see players regressing except for McCrae - but McCrae is really just playing his game that has been there all along. I just don't see CCM as a guy who is going to get it done.

And how do you know that? You don't. UT was under a NCAA investigation. Shaka Smart said he never got a call from UT. That tells you all you need to know about who was doing the hiring process.

Hamilton was a horrible AD that had no clue. He was having to hire a coach under a NCAA investigation. The pickings were slim.

Do you happen to know how many minutes our four stars played under Pearl? I will let you figure it out. It's like a 4 star true freshan QB in the SEC. Our guys had NO experience.

Damn I forgot that Tennessee is the only team in the nation that doesn't get to bring back their starting five every year.

Some posters continue to point to a group of brain dead media members doing a meaningless preseason conference poll last season. It's obvious they were placing UT at the bottom based on the coaching change more than the schedule or roster. That's how they do everything.

So when finishing a meaningless second place with no tourney bid is all you have to support the coach, I guess you keep going to that well.

Damn I forgot that Tennessee is the only team in the nation that doesn't get to bring back their starting five every year.

Tell me how Ky and Vandy are doing this year after having to replace their starting 5. Have you seen Vandy? LMAO. 33 points in a 17 point loss to Marist and 33 points yet again today at Ark. You see Ky lose today at home in a SEC game for the first time in Cal's tenure?

So, yeah, when you lose your starting 5 you shouldn't ever really have a drop off.

And how do you know that? You don't. UT was under a NCAA investigation. Shaka Smart said he never got a call from UT. That tells you all you need to know about who was doing the hiring process.

Hamilton was a horrible AD that had no clue. He was having to hire a coach under a NCAA investigation. The pickings were slim.

I did not say that UT called Shaka or anyone else but you and both know that when you pay over one million bucks there are mid major guys everywhere praying for a phone call. Hamilton did not consult EG on the hire of CCM - just saying. And I'm no fan of Hamy.

Some posters have trouble dealing in reality. Like wanting a coach fired 14 games into his first season before one SEC game is played.

Let me ask anyone one thing. What do you think any coach worth a damn would risk coming to UT if he saw a first year coach had gotten fired after his first 14 games into his first season like UT IE wanted to do? If UT IE was AD, we would be the laughingstock of collegiate sports. Thank God he isn't and is an otherwise worthless boil on a baboon's ass.

Tell me how Ky and Vandy are doing this year after having to replace their starting 5. Have you seen Vandy? LMAO. 33 points in a 17 point loss to Marist and 33 points yet again today at Ark. You see Ky lose today at home in a SEC game for the first time in Cal's tenure?

So, yeah, when you lose your starting 5 you shouldn't ever really have a drop off.

So this year we lost our starting five again?

So this year we lost our starting five again?

No, but we lost our best player and our next most valuable player is playing injured right now. UT actually has a better record than they did last year at this time. So, that's not really a good comparison right now.

I did not say that UT called Shaka or anyone else but you and both know that when you pay over one million bucks there are mid major guys everywhere praying for a phone call. Hamilton did not consult EG on the hire of CCM - just saying. And I'm no fan of Hamy.

$1 million isn't really that much these days, even for some (not all) mid-majors. Those coaches that move into the big-time might see their salaries double or triple, but they see the expectation level and pressure to succeed increase ten fold.

The cuonzo club complains about the influx of posters after a loss. You know why they post? Because they care. But don't worry, the way it's going, no one will care much longer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
$1 million isn't really that much these days, even for some (not all) mid-majors. Those coaches that move into the big-time might see their salaries double or triple, but they see the expectation level and pressure to succeed increase ten fold.

counzo got a million dollar raise. Dream job.

Reactions: 1 person
The cuonzo club complains about the influx of posters after a loss. You now why they post? Because they care. But don't worry, the way it's going, no one will care much longer.

I realize that and I don't want the curtains back up or the return to mediocre basketball.

dont make me list the mid major coaches salary for you to show how wrong you are.

what do you think CCM's salary was at miss state?

his total package was $300k!

So he quadrupled his salary being an average coach with little exp!

Do some people actually believe Pearl has a chance of being rehired by UT? That's funny. Why would a school rehire a coach that brought the NCAA down on them?

dont make me list the mid major coaches salary for you to show how wrong you are.

what do you think CCM's salary was at miss state?

his total package was $300k!

So he quadrupled his salary being an average coach with little exp!

I'm just saying the pressure jumps more exponentially than the pay in some cases.

Also, I explicitly said some (NOT ALL) mid-majors. So, when you are compiling that list, be sure to include Brad Stevens, Shaka Smart, Steve Alford, Gregg Marshall, and Mark Few.

Martin did see a signifcant lifestyle change as you mentioned, but that wouldn't be the case for ALL mid-major coaches.

Last edited:
I haven't watched enough basketball this year to fairly comment on CCM, so I won't. It's on Hart to evaluate his performance and decide his future.

The cuonzo club complains about the influx of posters after a loss. You know why they post? Because they care. But don't worry, the way it's going, no one will care much longer.

Just like the cuonzo he-man hater's club, they come out in force after a loss. But we have to give it you. You've been a Debbie Downer and quit on this coach and team after 14 games of last year. It's funny that you even waste your time on them anymore. However, we know why. Just to bash because it makes you feel good.

When UT wants to point to true fans, I'm sure you're the first person that they think of.

VN Store

Back