The Alabama Postgame Report

It's where north Carolina will likely be, and if kentucky doesn't get their act together it's where they will also be.

So we should be excited about it? And if UK and UNC dont make the AA, then you wont hear their fan bases making excuses! unlike UT fans.

With the blue bloods sucking, this is a great opportunity for other teams to take advantage and make some tournament noise.

Would be nice, too bad we aren't taking advantage.

We may be very talented next year, but UK is gonna have a NBA team, and if some of this years guys return, holy hell.

So we should be excited about it? And if UK and UNC dont make the AA, then you wont hear their fan bases making excuses! unlike UT fans.

You said NIT is for those that can't play big ball, those are some big boy programs was all my point was.

And you don't think UK will make excuses? Lmao. They've been making excuses for the last month about this team.

Would be nice, too bad we aren't taking advantage.

We may be very talented next year, but UK is gonna have a NBA team, and if some of this years guys return, holy hell.

Maymon picked a bad year to get hurt. However, I think this team could do more damage in the tourney with Maymon and Hubbs on the same team instead of Maymon being gone next year. I'm more concerned about what we'll have in year four after a number of experienced players leave.

Maymon picked a bad year to get hurt. However, I think this team could do more damage in the tourney with Maymon and Hubbs on the same team instead of Maymon being gone next year. I'm more concerned about what we'll have in year four after a number of experienced players leave.

I'm not looking that far ahead, entirely too much can happen between now and then. Would like to see players continue to progress and this team show fight and finish the yea strong.

UK is obviously beatable, and there's a lot of bad teams in the SEC we've yet to play. Let's just see how this all shakes out.

You said NIT is for those that can't play big ball, those are some big boy programs was all my point was.

And you don't think UK will make excuses? Lmao. They've been making excuses for the last month about this team.

Whatever man...... I have not heard one UK fan making excuses about their team.

What you are saying about UK and UNC maybe possibly perhaps maybe going to NIT makes it ok for UT.

Thats like saying Bama fans would think it ok going to the music city bowl this year or last year with a 6 and 6 record.

So mediocrity or less is ok as long as some other more noteworthy programs faulter???

I'm not looking that far ahead, entirely too much can happen between now and then. Would like to see players continue to progress and this team show fight and finish the yea strong.

UK is obviously beatable, and there's a lot of bad teams in the SEC we've yet to play. Let's just see how this all shakes out.

Which makes today's loss even more discouraging because we had a golden opportunity to get a SEC road win.

Whatever man...... I have not heard one UK fan making excuses about their team.

What you are saying about UK and UNC maybe possibly perhaps maybe going to NIT makes it ok for UT.

Thats like saying Bama fans would think it ok going to the music city bowl this year or last year with a 6 and 6 record.

So mediocrity or less is ok as long as some other more noteworthy programs faulter???

Stop twisting words...you said NIT was for people who couldn't play big boy ball, I was simply pointing out that's obviously incorrect.

And would you like some links to their sites? You'll find all sorts of excuses I'm sure. Hell go to the around the NCAA forum on this site and you'll find UK fans making excuses.

Stop twisting words...you said NIT was for people who couldn't play big boy ball, I was simply pointing out that's obviously incorrect.

And would you like some links to their sites? You'll find all sorts of excuses I'm sure. Hell go to the around the NCAA forum on this site and you'll find UK fans making excuses.

You will find no support in saying that UK and UNC fans would accept NIT in lieu of AA tourney under any circumstances!

The fact is that the former UT mens bball coach created an NCAA tourney team and the current coach missed it last year... and will likely miss it again this year! Let me 6 out of 6 years vs 0 out of 1 going on 2....

You will find no support in saying that UK and UNC fans would accept NIT in lieu of AA tourney under any circumstances!

The fact is that the former UT mens bball coach created an NCAA tourney team and the current coach missed it last year... and will likely miss it again this year! Let me 6 out of 6 years vs 0 out of 1 going on 2....

Twisting again? I never said they'd support it, I said they're making excuses as to WHY they are there and not the big dance.

That's what happens when the coach screws the program over...how long before Crean had Indiana dancing again?

Obviously not as extreme, but suggesting Tennessee was in an ideal scenario is idiotic. As others have said, Martin wasn't our first, second or fifth call...there's a reason we were turned down by multiple coaches

Twisting again? I never said they'd support it, I said they're making excuses as to WHY they are there and not the big dance.

That's what happens when the coach screws the program over...how long before Crean had Indiana dancing again?

Obviously not as extreme, but suggesting Tennessee was in an ideal scenario is idiotic. As others have said, Martin wasn't our first, second or fifth call...there's a reason we were turned down by multiple coaches

But you keep making excuses for CCM even to the extent of saying that UK and UNC may not make the dance....

Which I think you will be proven wrong on...Cal and Williams can coach circles around zo.

But you keep making excuses for CCM even to the extent of saying that UK and UNC may not make the dance....

Which I think you will be proven wrong on...Cal and Williams can coach circles around zo.

And you still don't understand the basic premise of what he is saying.

Did I say they couldn't coach circles around him?

You keep twisting stuff, stay on topic. You said NIT is for those who can't play big boy ball, I was simply pointing out that's not necessarily true.

The end.

And you still don't understand the basic premise of what he is saying.

Hahahaha. Well said. I was about to type the exact same thing.

It's amazing that such a simple statement can cause so much controversy around here. I don't see what's so hard to understand about the statement.

Patrick,

As far as your argument goes over the last two pages, you are lost. No offense, but you seem to just be looking for an argument, which typically happens after a loss with some posters.

BTO is not saying fans of UK or UNC will accept going to the NIT. How could either fanbase accept it? They each have 4-5+ McDonald's AA's on their respective rosters. He's also not using their plight as a barometer for UT to measure themselves against. He's just pointing out your incorrect blanket statement that the NIT is for teams that "don't play big boy ball".

Somehow, you've contorted his rebuttal into UK and UNC fans being ok with the NIT, and now CCM is as good or better coach than Cal or Roy Williams.

Finally, yes, the greater majority of fans will make excuses for those programs missing the dance, because it's human nature to blame someone else. That, and the only remedy would be to fire the coach responsible, and they won't see that as an option, and rightfully so. They are two of the most successful coaches out there presently.

Oh my. Not saying he shouldn't get a third season, but that's a pretty low bar there.

I'm giving a pass (albeit not much) of a pass because of Maymon. If he doesn't make the tourney in his third season, he will be fired and should be.

I'm giving a pass (albeit not much) of a pass because of Maymon. If he doesn't make the tourney in his third season, he will be fired and should be.

You're right. Barring unforeseen circumstances, he has no excuse not to make it next season.

You're right. Barring unforeseen circumstances, he has no excuse not to make it next season.

It's a paradox. There shouldn't be an excuse this year. Making the tourney shouldn't be that hard.

If he doesn't make it next year, there'll be another excuse. And I understand, this team is not very good. I'd feel better with some sign of improvement the next 16 games. Stokes riding the pine in some sort of dog house is no good.

VN Store

Back