The 2nd Amendment lives in Putin's Russia

Life, liberty and pursuit of hapiness... none of these things should be threatened by our govt because we exercise our freedom of speech. Notice I pointed out govt and not employer. There should be very few if any consequences coming from the state when it comes down to my freedom of speech.

Yep and this is what free speech gets you in Russia. I love being a citizen of the greatest country on earth.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 3 people
pj, c'mon man. Every year around this time you hear of some local school board or courthouse prohibiting a nativity scene. Lets not play naive. Also, lets not pretend that there isn't a significant amount of demagogic rhetoric that attempts to label those opposed to welfare, affirmative action or other liberal social programs as racist/sellouts/insensitive.

That is not a PC issue. It's a first amendment issue.

Reactions: 2 people
Russia Legalises Guns for Self Defence with Murder Rates Among Highest in World

Putin wins again over the gun-grabber Obama. It is a sad day when Russia is moving further to the right than most of America's ,aimstream politicians.

russian-president-vladimir-putin-fires-kalashnikov-assault-rifle-getty.jpg

I don't know if Putin is the real deal, but he sure is doing some good things.:hi:

What? That is like saying campaign finance reform is PC because it deals with free speech. Makes no sense.

What happens if Peyton Manning says justice was served in Ferguson?

What happens when LeBron James says justice was not served in Ferguson?

Who do you think will be crucified by the media if not worse?

Reactions: 3 people
What happens if Peyton Manning says justice was served in Ferguson?

What happens when LeBron James says justice was not served in Ferguson?

Who do you think will be crucified by the media if not worse?

Huh? What does this have to do with my posts?

Reactions: 1 person
Lol. Well what criteria do you use to differentiate when PC trumps 1st amendment or vice versa?

What the hell are you talking about? I have railed against PC forever.

However, there are certain issues that are not PC. Nativity scene on government property is a religious clause issue (first amendment). Not all first amendment issues, such as campaign finance reform, are PC issues.

What the hell are you talking about? I have railed against PC forever.

However, there are certain issues that are not PC. Nativity scene on government property is a religious clause issue (first amendment). Not all first amendment issues, such as campaign finance reform, are PC issues.

Are Muslims banned from prayer at school? Do you think dress codes are amended for them?

Reactions: 1 person
What? That is like saying campaign finance reform is PC because it deals with free speech. Makes no sense.

Again, samething.The left has mainly been championing finance reform precisely because of what some political donors either say or openly support.

Are Muslims banned from prayer at school? Do you think dress codes are amended for them?

1. Christians aren't banned from prayer in school. Only teachers (of any faith) are prohibited from leading prayer.

2. Dress codes are bent for Christians and Jews also. Pentecostal children are given special uniforms for sports teams. Jewish children are allowed to wear yamakas. Some Christian faiths also still practice head covering, and we allow that.

The 2nd Amendment may be alive and well in Putin's Russia, but what about the 1st and 4th amendments? The 5th?

VN Store

Back