The 2nd Amendment lives in Putin's Russia

The entire thing is devoid of fact and rational thought. It would be a useless exercise to try and do something that multiple schools and teachers could not accomplish

You sound like huff now when you can't back up what you post and ATTEMPT to throw out something demeaning. I think that's what's irrational.

Reactions: 3 people
Since you don't follow me around like a lost puppy and are civil in your convo's for the most part, I will answer your question....

In short, America today simply has no morals, values, conscience....anything goes.

It's always been that way. It's just not hidden and more acceptable today.

American society has been manipulated of these things the past 15-20 years.

More like the last 54.

Reactions: 2 people
And somehow you feel Russia's society is far better than ours in these departments?

I never said far better, but let's not fooled, today is not America at it's best....our school systems are a joke, our crime and prison rates are unmatched, Christianity is all but dead, healthcare systems raping Americans everyday of billions, plus the billions you and I pay to support our "war machine" that spreads "democracy" all around the globe..

In summary, the things my mammy and pappy told me turned out to be a lie so therefore America must change to make them seem right

giphy.gif

This **** is so true.

Reactions: 1 person
You sound like huff now when you can't back up what you post and ATTEMPT to throw out something demeaning. I think that's what's irrational.

What am I supposed to back up? Your post was so over the top crazy that if I didn't know any better I would have assumed sarcasm.

How do you disprove something that was wrong from the start? I am white and oppose welfare and Affirmative action yet I have never been categorized as a racist intolerant bigot. There are likely other reasons if you have

In summary, the things my mammy and pappy told me turned out to be a lie so therefore America must change to make them seem right

So you're telling me life is better now than when you were young? And it's going to be even better for our kids and grand kids?

So you're telling me life is better now than when you were young? And it's going to be even better for our kids and grand kids?

How do you define better?

I'm not given 3 months of in the summer now so maybe you're right

I disagree with using a couple of examples to categorize and entire nation of 300 million plus. It's lazy, dishonest and ignorant. I believe one could find examples of the wanted but it is not as widespread SS it's portrayed. Also the "special rights" part had been debunked multiple times yet continues to be repeated ad nauseum by some on here

Thanks pj. I wasn't so much focused on the Russia vs "Murica" comments and discussion, but the general comments that you responded to. If you take them one at a time, and not make an assumption that it represents a nation of 300 million, but more so a trend of American culture/society, then many of the points seem valid imo.

1. Political correctness - we are far more "politically correct" today than we were 3-4 decades ago. imo we needed some correctness from the 60's and 70's but the pendulum has swung too far.

2. liberal bs that has wussified America - meh... too subjective.

3. the land of entitlement - the current generation is by far the most entitled generation in history imo. And it is not a racial issue in imo, but rather a large percentage of young adults and teenagers in general that have a sense of entitlement. Many have not had to work or earn anything as much has been given to them... either from parents and/or the government.

4. Also if you're white and oppose welfare, Affirmative action, gay marriage, or have any Christian values you're automatically a racist intolerant bigot. It's cool for blacks, gays, or minorities to be that way though and demand special rights just for them. - While this is a broad brush imo, there are certainly elements of truth to the statement.

There are elements of proof to almost every statement if you're looking hard enough. Doesn't make it even close to the truth

Also, what is PC really? If doesn't limit anything and it seems you're only affected of you choose to be. If someone feels to need to be insulting or demeaning toward another that says more about them than PC ever could

Thanks pj. I wasn't so much focused on the Russia vs "Murica" comments and discussion, but the general comments that you responded to. If you take them one at a time, and not make an assumption that it represents a nation of 300 million, but more so a trend of American culture/society, then many of the points seem valid imo.

1. Political correctness - we are far more "politically correct" today than we were 3-4 decades ago. imo we needed some correctness from the 60's and 70's but the pendulum has swung too far.

2. liberal bs that has wussified America - meh... too subjective.

3. the land of entitlement - the current generation is by far the most entitled generation in history imo. And it is not a racial issue in imo, but rather a large percentage of young adults and teenagers in general that have a sense of entitlement. Many have not had to work or earn anything as much has been given to them... either from parents and/or the government.

4. Also if you're white and oppose welfare, Affirmative action, gay marriage, or have any Christian values you're automatically a racist intolerant bigot. It's cool for blacks, gays, or minorities to be that way though and demand special rights just for them. - While this is a broad brush imo, there are certainly elements of truth to the statement.

Point 1 is the only solid point.

Point 3 is disingenuous because it completely ignores the entitlement of the Baby Boomers. Entitlement has been the name of the game since the New Deal.

There are elements of proof to almost every statement if you're looking hard enough. Doesn't make it even close to the truth

Also, what is PC really? If doesn't limit anything and it seems you're only affected of you choose to be. If someone feels to need to be insulting or demeaning toward another that says more about them than PC ever could

Not so! The problem with out of control PC is that you don't know when you're insulting or demeaning anymore.

Not so! The problem with out of control PC is that you don't know when you're insulting or demeaning anymore.

Of course you know. It's an excuse since your speech is not limited in any way by it

No one ever said free speech was without consequences. Getting fired should be placed on the employer

Not debating at will work here. Debating the ridiculousness of the nation of the offended that we have become.

I never said far better, but let's not fooled, today is not America at it's best....our school systems are a joke, our crime and prison rates are unmatched

Did you happen to notice what the murder rate is in Russia in the OP?

Russia's always been farther right than us. That's what's wrong with them. Look at their stance on homosexuality.

I'm a senior citizen, so my experiences may be different than some of you whippersnappers, but

Oh Hells Yes!!!

Almost everything is better now than when I was young. I have trouble coming up with anything that is substantially worse now than then.

I'm a senior citizen, so my experiences may be different than some of you whippersnappers, but

Oh Hells Yes!!!

Almost everything is better now than when I was young. I have trouble coming up with anything that is substantially worse now than then.

I would hate to be a kid now. Some of the things that used to be chalked up to kids will be kids come with serious consequences now.

I would hate to be a kid now. Some of the things that used to be chalked up to kids will be kids come with serious consequences now.

Maybe so. But kids today have WAY more stuff to do and the means to do it than my generation did.

Kids today don't worry whether this is the week the nukes start flying.

Kids today don't worry about going down with crippling diseases like polio or small pox.

Even the junkiest hand-me-down cars today will be good for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Speaking of cars and such, when was the last time gas was rationed?

For an almost infinite number of reasons, I would have killed to have had the internet when I was young.

That's just for starters....

Maybe so. But kids today have WAY more stuff to do and the means to do it than my generation did.

Kids today don't worry whether this is the week the nukes start flying.

Kids today don't worry about going down with crippling diseases like polio or small pox.

Even the junkiest hand-me-down cars today will be good for hundreds of thousands of miles.

Speaking of cars and such, when was the last time gas was rationed?

For an almost infinite number of reasons, I would have killed to have had the internet when I was young.

That's just for starters....

Agree with bolded parts.

Maybe because of where I grew up but we had more what I call fun stuff to do than my kids did. When we weren't working we were on dirt bikes, fishing, hunting, at the lake/river swimming, playing ball. Always outside and rarely needed supervision.

Thank goodness we didn't have cell phones.
I'm glad we didn't have cable TV or the internet.

pj, c'mon man. Every year around this time you hear of some local school board or courthouse prohibiting a nativity scene. Lets not play naive. Also, lets not pretend that there isn't a significant amount of demagogic rhetoric that attempts to label those opposed to welfare, affirmative action or other liberal social programs as racist/sellouts/insensitive.

No one ever said free speech was without consequences. Getting fired should be placed on the employer

Life, liberty and pursuit of hapiness... none of these things should be threatened by our govt because we exercise our freedom of speech. Notice I pointed out govt and not employer. There should be very few if any consequences coming from the state when it comes down to my freedom of speech.

VN Store

Back