The 2023-2024 Carolina/Duke basketball thread.the"will Duke get a higher seed than 5?" Edition.

The Carolina/Kentucky game is getting VERY interesting heading to crunch time. 72-71 Carolina with 5:15 left to play. It’s Carolina’s first lead of the game.

That last opportunity for Carolina only to turn it over was so frustrating. Looked like a miscommunication. I've noticed Kentucky plays up and down to their opponent. The mark of a young team.

That last opportunity for Carolina only to turn it over was so frustrating. Looked like a miscommunication. I've noticed Kentucky plays up and down to their opponent. The mark of a young team.
I was cursing like a drunken sailor when that happened.

Reactions: Pennheel
Eric Montross died. Damn.
One of the truly great people. I knew that he was sick, but I wasnt aware that he was terminal. During his time as a player I know that he did a lot for children at UNC cancer center and in particular spending a lot of time w/ a little boy who wound up passing away . I know that it affected him greatly and I always held him in the highest regard, even though cheered very hard against him when I was a kid . Absolutely terrible.

Reactions: Vol423 and Pennheel
One of the truly great people. I knew that he was sick, but I wasnt aware that he was terminal. During his time as a player I know that he did a lot for children at UNC cancer center and in particular spending a lot of time w/ a little boy who wound up passing away . I know that it affected him greatly and I always held him in the highest regard, even though cheered very hard against him when I was a kid . Absolutely terrible.

Yeah, he was an absolutely classy person. RIP Big E! 🙏 Living proof that cancer sucks!

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
36-28 Tarheels at the half. Their prototypical fast break points are the difference in the game so far. I'm enjoying it so far. I'm sure Porter Moser will have Oklahoma ready in the second half. It was unreal what he's done at both Loyola Chicago and Oklahoma.

Also,Oklahoma and Texas will add a much needed spark to the SEC not just obviously in football, but basketball as well. I see that this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Looking like a legit contender. Haven’t shied away from physicality these last two games on the road.

Reactions: Pennheel
Hey Buddy! I am hanging in there watching it right now. Close game down to the wire. I haven't been posting much due to Covid the past week and some other personal stuff. Thanks for checking in.
Sorry you’ve been under the weather. Hope you’re improving and I hope the game made you feel better.

Nobody has been safe in the top ten the last two days. Hopefully,that ends with this UNC/NC State game. It's been a close, competitive game. 42-37 Heels in the second half.

Reactions: Vol423

VN Store

Back