Terri Saban looking for homes in Austin Texas [rumor, obviously]

wouldn't shock me one bit if you know what actually happened. Texas has their own network now. they could pay him too much money

No way. Bama has tooooooo much money.

If and I mean if he leaves for Texas it's because he's bored and needs a challenge.

3HL was asking this questions and I was wondering. At what point, would it be to much money to offer Saban?

If and I mean if he leaves for Texas it's because he's bored and needs a challenge.

Texas has more.

15 years at Texas and he could be their Bear Bryant. He will never supplant Bear as #1 in Tide fan's hearts.

Reactions: 3 people
Does anyone remember the awful women who were flooding several sports radio shows claiming that Gruden's wife had contacted them regarding real estate in Knoxville? Typical salespeople looking for free pub.

Texas has more.

15 years at Texas and he could be their Bear Bryant. He will never supplant Bear as #1 in Tide fan's hearts.

He's not worried about bama. He's worried about his legacy. If he goes to Texas it's because he's bored. Wants a challenge.

He has money.

You've obviously never been to Austin. Very cool place.

Yep. One of the three best places to live in this country(I include Nashville in that list, btw). Vibrant, bohemian culture that cities like San Fran and Portland have, but without the obscene amount of homeless people and pretentious d-bags.

I live in dekalb. Alexandria. I saw in one of your old posts your in gville. About a 13 minute drive.

I live in Dekalb Co. out in the sticks not too far from Alexandria. I work in Gordonsville and graduated from GHS.

He's not worried about bama. He's worried about his legacy. If he goes to Texas it's because he's bored. Wants a challenge.

He has money.

Or he's sick of the locals? It dosn't take long to get tired of Bammers!

Either this years or last years homecoming his wife was grand marshal or something when someone made a comment about all the houndstooth hats. She got pissy and said its about time people started wearing some straw hats!

Can't blame Saban and his wife for getting tired of living in the shadow of a degenerate drunken gambler.

Howard Snellenberger 79
Bill Snyder 74
Frank Solich 69
Steve Spurrier 68

70 is the new 60.

Exactly...
Eddie Robinson was 78
Bobby Bowden was 80
Joe Pa was 86

Heck he has won 4 MNCs in 9 years...4 at Texas would let him retire on top at 70.

Texas could afford to double his current salary, or more. I dont care how much money you have, you dont turn down 5+ million more per year.

Texas has more.

Maybe not, but he has already surpassed him on the field, IMO. It's much harder to win, to dominate, in today's CFB world. Not to mention Bear was able to (and did) cheat his ass off (with much greater ease) in the pre-world-wide-web days.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe not, but he has already surpassed him on the field, IMO. It's much harder to win, to dominate, in today's CFB world. Not to mention Bear was able to (and did) cheat his ass off (with greater ease) in the pre-world-wide-web days.

To say something isn't right in Bama right now is naive, I would bet they are cheating on a whole other level than when Bryant was there. Saban has Emerett and Slive on his side, the men's suit scandal, players driving pimped out SUVs, jobs for players girlfriends, not to mention the NCAA pre-Emertt called them serial repeat offenders, and they are currently playing a player known to have been paid by a coach.

When you have a license to cheat, of course you will be unstoppable to the competition, and the moral compass of the average bama fan us so warped at this point they think this is the way it should be at worst, intentionally ignorant at best.

/rant

There are probably several Texas boosters who could each afford to buy the whole state of Alabama and everything in it. If he stays, which he almost certainly will, it won't be because the red team can pay him the most.

Reactions: 1 person
Texas has more.

New generation and all. Saban has brought them some pretty profound years so far.

Supplement perhaps, supplant no.

Texas could afford to double his current salary, or more. I dont care how much money you have, you dont turn down 5+ million more per year.

He's already making $5.6 mil without the bonuses. So you are saying Texas will pay him $11 million minimum a season? Plus staff which will run about another $3-4 million?

$15 million dollars just on coaching salaries?

Just not seeing it. Yet, they are crazy in Texas and I won't say "never."

VN Store

Back