Tennessee will have a great season in 2017/2018

I wish I did.
Being kept out of that loop.

For now :thud:

i hope someone works with the girls on continuity this summer. .... "Flow"
It's whats missing.

They get to a point where they don't understand that it is a mental change. Under 8 seconds is a whole new frame of mind. If your motion runs deep into the count, you don't even have 8 seconds to go into "create" offense, or,
"show"-time...time to "show" your whole skills-set. Passing, driving, shooting, setting up a feed, etc....

How do you think the freshmen will do this year.

How do you think the freshmen will do this year.

Depends on their individual"make-up"
If these new recruits are Beta players, with equal skill levels and level of play, they will do fantastic.
Meme is the only Alpha athlete left from last year's team, but has been relegated to role player.
That said, if the new recruits are all "controllable", this will be an amazing season.

However, if one of the new recruits "is significant to the team's success" is an Alpha
or the new coach isn't the right element...
Same thing as before.

Last edited:
I am hoping, rather than expecting, that the team chemistry will prove to be the key ingredient that was missing. Perhaps Cooper and Deshields were too much of a distraction for the team and things were going on behind the scenes that the average fan was not aware of.

I am going to take the optimistic side and predict that Holly will win the kids over and they will break their backs for her. Results are at least elite 8 finish.

Reactions: 5 people
I hate Diamond DeShields, Te'a Cooper, and Alexa Middleton all left. We still are going to have a very good team. we have a young but fast back court. the front court with Mercedes Russell, Jaime Nared, Cheridene Green, and Kasiyahna Kushkituah, will be the best since 2008.:hi:

I like your faith but that is a very bold statement. We have the tools but do we have the tool master to get it done? There are several questions, will Holly come up with a consistent offense, will Russell become a consistent dominant post that we have been expecting for the last 3 years, will one or both starting seniors step up to the plate and be on floor leaders, has anyone taught Russell how to run, will the coaching staff develop the Fab4, will we find a consistent 3 point shooter, will Holly prove she is a top 10 coach, will we beat the teams we are suppose to beat, etc. I think the jury is still out.

I like your faith but that is a very bold statement. We have the tools but do we have the tool master to get it done? There are several questions, will Holly come up with a consistent offense, will Russell become a consistent dominant post that we have been expecting for the last 3 years, will one or both starting seniors step up to the plate and be on floor leaders, has anyone taught Russell how to run, will the coaching staff develop the Fab4, will we find a consistent 3 point shooter, will Holly prove she is a top 10 coach, will we beat the teams we are suppose to beat, etc. I think the jury is still out.

I didn't realize Jaime Nared shot the 3 ball so well last year ... like .378 which means she shot the ball consistently add another half way decent 3 point point shooter (r.davis shot is sweet and can become a capable three point shooter as well) that will help them spread the floor. We got our best three point shooter back from last year's team . If someone can shoot 33% that will match about what Diamond produced from three.

Reactions: 1 person
Two questions, 1. Is Evina Westbrook on campus. 2. Why dose Tennessee only play one exhibition game when most programs play two.

Two questions, 1. Is Evina Westbrook on campus. 2. Why dose Tennessee only play one exhibition game when most programs play two.

First session of summer school ends on 7/6/17
Second session of summer school begins on 7/10/17. Evina should be arriving any day now. Maybe this weekend... I hope..

Last edited:
Gbo!! 💙🍊💙🍊💙🍊

Attachments

• IMG_0081.jpg
    IMG_0081.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: 4 people
Hilarious 😁

He is. Maybe an acquired taste though. Only for discerning pallettes ☺.

Hoping for 2 great games. If the Fab 4 can get to the collegiate level quickly and not hit the Freshman Slump, we may do very well 👍.

Hoping for 2 great games. If the Fab 4 can get to the collegiate level quickly and not hit the Freshman Slump, we may do very well 👍.

True. All freshman eventually hit that wall unless their just a flat out exceptional player like a Kelsey Mitchell from OSU who led the country in scoring as a freshman but that's rare.

I believe your back court duo of Hayes & Westbrook will be very good.

True. All freshman eventually hit that wall unless their just a flat out exceptional player like a Kelsey Mitchell from OSU who led the country in scoring as a freshman but that's rare.

I believe your back court duo of Hayes & Westbrook will be very good.

Thanks, 🐔.

Why name them after a laundry detergent?

VN Store

Back