Tennessee will have a great season in 2017/2018

Also! I just looked at TN conference schedule they have to play SC Twice, MSU twice, answers at Mizzou, sprinkle in ND away...I think even with the cupcakes if TN can come out of those games .500 or better and have at least a 12-4/ record with this young team it’s a win. I am really hoping we come out of the out of conference 12-0 with three top 20 wins (and one over Ok state which will help with RPI and selection committee seeding) that’s a win. Much better then last year than last year! However like other posters have said one game at a time 😎

I think they play TAMU twice, not MSU.

I think they beat MSU and Mizzou, sweep TAMU, split with SC and lose to ND. I'd be surprised if they have 4 losses total, let alone in the SEC, this season.

Reactions: 3 people
I think they play TAMU twice, not MSU.

I think they beat MSU and Mizzou, sweep TAMU, split with SC and lose to ND. I'd be surprised if they have 4 losses total, let alone in the SEC, this season.

You are correct thank you! I hope we come out 12-0 of this portion... that could be 6 more top 25 wins on top of a possible 3 already... depending on if we win and how the other teams are ranking during the season.

I looked at a replay of the Mississippi Oregon game. McCowan is a lot better than she was last year. She was unstoppable. That will be one hell of a test for Russell. Oregon is no joke and they could not stop McCowan. She is big and physical. Russell is going to have to play her tough.

Reactions: 2 people
I looked at a replay of the Mississippi Oregon game. McCowan is a lot better than she was last year. She was unstoppable. That will be one hell of a test for Russell. Oregon is no joke and they could not stop McCowan. She is big and physical. Russell is going to have to play her tough.

Not saying she’s not improved or it won’t be tough, but Oregon wasn’t physical enough in the post, she was deep in the post area as soon as she got down the floor, and in the 2nd half Oregon started driving to the basket and got her in foul trouble.

Not saying she’s not improved or it won’t be tough, but Oregon wasn’t physical enough in the post, she was deep in the post area as soon as she got down the floor, and in the 2nd half Oregon started driving to the basket and got her in foul trouble.

Exactly, she will need to be challenged, because Oregon gave McCowan some easy looks on offense and did little to block her off the boards. I think a driver like Hayes can get McCowan in foul trouble early. If we continue to show the new physicality that we have shown this year, the Lady Vols are going to be difficult to beat.

Reactions: 1 person
Exactly, she will need to be challenged, because Oregon gave McCowan some easy looks on offense and did little to block her off the boards. I think a driver like Hayes can get McCowan in foul trouble early. If we continue to show the new physicality that we have shown this year, the Lady Vols are going to be difficult to beat.

Mercedes Russell will take care of McCowan, she foul out both Texas biggs and did not get one foul on her.

After watching the MSU game. I believe we win that game and both Banty chicken games. The ND game can be won as well but it will be tough on their home floor. I need to watch a Tam game to see how good they are.

After watching the MSU game. I believe we win that game and both Banty chicken games. The ND game can be won as well but it will be tough on their home floor. I need to watch a Tam game to see how good they are.

We should win against Texas A&M easily. Carter the freshman point guard is a scorer but if the shots aren’t going in for her she doesn’t do much else for her team from the games I’ve watched.

We should win against Texas A&M easily. Carter the freshman point guard is a scorer but if the shots aren’t going in for her she doesn’t do much else for her team from the games I’ve watched.

The one danger for TAMU is that their frontcourt matches up well with Tennessee's. Hillsman can make Russell work hard on offense and defense, and Howard leads the ACC in rebounding and is quick enough to face guard Nared. Carter will get her points. They are a different team when Danni Williams is in a scoring groove.

I still think Tennessee should sweep them, unless TAMU plays lights out.

We should sweep TAMU. They don’t look that good to me. We have better guard play.
We’ll probably lose the Norte dame game.
State looked really good against Oregon. We could lose that, depending on Vivians’ play. I think MR can handle Mccown and probably get her in foul trouble. I think we actually have more depth than state. A player like Annie could shine in that game by getting players into foul trouble.
USC will be tough as usual. I’m hoping for a split.

Nice win over Stanford tonight 83 - 71. The Lady Vols are 12-0, on there way to 16 -0 before playing SOUTH CAROLINA at there place. This will be a good game. Love how Marquette took Notre Dame to overtime on Notre Dame home court. This will be Tennessee year to get to the final four.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back