Tennessee vs NCAA: Tin Hat Thread

Saban would be going after GA, who are arguably bigger threats to Bama than TN.

I appreciate conspiracy but we're low on the list of threats to Bama or Saban's legacy. Kirby easily comes first if Saban is grinding an axe. It's only orange colored glasses to say otherwise.
The problem with that is Kirby knows all about Saban.

The problem with that is Kirby knows all about Saban.
Saban is retired.

They could dig up crap on Bear or Johnny or most retired coaches and nobody cares.

Accusing Saban of still being the "bogey man" is silly, off season stuff, I'm assuming.

I don't really see any effective attempts at a conspiracy at this point. I think the NCAA thought the same bullying tactics they used in the past would restore their credibility and power. They probably thought everyone else would line up behind them. It was a miscalculation more than a conspiracy to cause something to happen.

That said, there have long been people who want Congress to get involved. I think that would be a huge mistake. Consider that there is a significant constituency that would like to end football and other contact sports. Self governance would be the better way. But it doesn't seem the NCAA wants to allow that unless they continue to have arbitrary rule.
Anytime the US Government gets involved in something is gets screwed up. Leave them out of this mess - heck they can't get along with each other.

Reactions: JacketVol and sjt18
Saban is retired.

They could dig up crap on Bear or Johnny or most retired coaches and nobody cares.

Accusing Saban of still being the "bogey man" is silly, off season stuff, I'm assuming.
But Saban would not want his reputation tarnished though.

The chair of the board of governors for NCAA is the President of the University of Georgia. Last year he was saying the SEC and Big 10 need to work together on NIL.

So after the NCAA realized they stepped in it when Tennessee wouldn’t bow our knee to their investigation threat, there’s suddenly a new formation of SEC and Big 10 to administer.

It looks like he’s trying to get control one way or another since they saw they wouldn’t be getting any money from fines for no wrong doing once we brought suit.

It is obvious when you follow the money and power. Georgia’s biggest threat to taking over where Saban left off is Tennessee.

My conspiracy theory: Alabama has been harboring a grudge since the Fulmer days when they got turned in for cheating (which they were).. and after several failed attempts ie foisting Pruitt and the sh!thouse rats (Saban’s words, not mine) and just trying to get UT in trouble in general…as a parting gift, Saban gave what he felt was incriminating info about UT info to his buddies in the NCAA on the way out

Successful suit or not, I think there’s a lot of ways the college football landscape could change over the next 5 years because of this and the current state of things. And maybe this is just a part of the plan for those potential outcomes. So, what are those outcomes? With states, the ncaa, conferences annd more getting involved potentially, who are the players we don’t know? Bring me your wildest conspiracy theories.

My favorite so far is that jere morehead of uga and the ncaa is orchestrating this to ensure uga takes the spot of Bama as the “untouchable” of college football.

View attachment 617756
This is long. If you don’t want to read a long piece on the likely outcomes of the TENNESSEE/VA vs NCAA battle, stop now. You’ve been warned.

This is a fight long in the coming with the NCAA. I believe the NCAA may have had an unrealistic, albeit slim hope that Tennessee, fearing the dreaded Repeat Offender tag, might have thrown itself at their mercy. That was a gross miscalculation if indeed they had any allusions of a satisfactory outcome. It would also have been an outcome costly for all major programs as it would have set a dangerous precedent for the NCAA to have a victory in regulating NIL. It was, however, a fight the NCAA had to force. With everything that’s happening they needed this fight sooner rather than later.

As it was obvious, Tennessee nor any other program that had been operating under the unregulated entity we know as NIL, were never going to genuflect to the NCAA on this issue since we hold all the cards.

There are only 2 avenues that permit the NCAA to continue to be involved in the regulation of Big Time College football. One is the longest of long shots. The congress grants them an antitrust exemption. This has happened only one time in sports in the history of our country. With Alston hanging over Congress’ head, that option is DOA. The other is to declare students employees and they unionize and establish caps. This creates so many fresh and complicated issues that the schools will never go for it.

The NCAA was attempting to hang onto an investigative purview that creates for their administrative arm tens of thousands of billable hours. Without which their need for funding will be drastically slashed and much more of the money regulated by the schools will be going back to the schools. Never a good thing for bureaucrats.

That leaves the only viable option if the NCAA is to survive as a part of big time football. That is for there to arise a phoenix from the ashes of this nil mess. A separate entity/super league that agrees to continue a relationship with the organization, revamped in how it deals with major football, especially in how it deals with NIL. The NCAA has to agree that they are out of the nil regulation business. That has to fall to the schools to deal with. Any working agreement the 10 and SEC arrive at must operate within the laws as set forth in the Supreme Court’s ruling. In the end, Nil cannot be limited or regulated. Schools cannot come up with any gentlemen’s agreement to limit pay. That too is a violation of antitrust laws and constitutes collusion.

The NCAA’s wise move would be to agree they’re out of the NIL regulations business. Agree to continue doing what they actually do well: Schedule, manage bowls, playoffs and tournaments and investigate only matters that deal with fairness of play, e.g., suppose a team was stealing signals by videoing their opponents, not that anyone would stoop so low as to do that. Much of the NCAA’s fight has been to hang on to investigative work. Why? Because it pays them tens of millions in billable hours for their lawyer cronies. That’s going to fall by the wayside since legally paying players will render it unnecessary.

In the end, it’s The SEC and Ten that will rule major football on their own terms. That ship has sailed for the NCAA. If they play their cards right and bend the knee to Sankey, he may just let them have the crumbs that fall from the rich man’s table.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
This is long. If you don’t want to read a long piece on the likely outcomes of the TENNESSEE/VA vs NCAA battle, stop now. You’ve been warned.

This is a fight long in the coming with the NCAA. I believe the NCAA may have had an unrealistic, albeit slim hope that Tennessee, fearing the dreaded Repeat Offender tag, might have thrown itself at their mercy. That was a gross miscalculation if indeed they had any allusions of a satisfactory outcome. It would also have been an outcome costly for all major programs as it would have set a dangerous precedent for the NCAA to have a victory in regulating NIL. It was, however, a fight the NCAA had to force. With everything that’s happening they needed this fight sooner rather than later.

As it was obvious, Tennessee nor any other program that had been operating under the unregulated entity we know as NIL, were never going to genuflect to the NCAA on this issue since we hold all the cards.

There are only 2 avenues that permit the NCAA to continue to be involved in the regulation of Big Time College football. One is the longest of long shots. The congress grants them an antitrust exemption. This has happened only one time in sports in the history of our country. With Alston hanging over Congress’ head, that option is DOA. The other is to declare students employees and they unionize and establish caps. This creates so many fresh and complicated issues that the schools will never go for it.

The NCAA was attempting to hang onto an investigative purview that creates for their administrative arm tens of thousands of billable hours. Without which their need for funding will be drastically slashed and much more of the money regulated by the schools will be going back to the schools. Never a good thing for bureaucrats.

That leaves the only viable option if the NCAA is to survive as a part of big time football. That is for there to arise a phoenix from the ashes of this nil mess. A separate entity/super league that agrees to continue a relationship with the organization, revamped in how it deals with major football, especially in how it deals with NIL. The NCAA has to agree that they are out of the nil regulation business. That has to fall to the schools to deal with. Any working agreement the 10 and SEC arrive at must operate within the laws as set forth in the Supreme Court’s ruling. In the end, Nil cannot be limited or regulated. Schools cannot come up with any gentlemen’s agreement to limit pay. That too is a violation of antitrust laws and constitutes collusion.

The NCAA’s wise move would be to agree they’re out of the NIL regulations business. Agree to continue doing what they actually do well: Schedule, manage bowls, playoffs and tournaments and investigate only matters that deal with fairness of play, e.g., suppose a team was stealing signals by videoing their opponents, not that anyone would stoop so low as to do that. Much of the NCAA’s fight has been to hang on to investigative work. Why? Because it pays them tens of millions in billable hours for their lawyer cronies. That’s going to fall by the wayside since legally paying players will render it unnecessary.

In the end, it’s The SEC and Ten that will rule major football on their own terms. That ship has sailed for the NCAA. If they play their cards right and bend the knee to Sankey, he may just let them have the crumbs that fall from the rich man’s table.
👏

However, we’re specifically looking for far fetched conspiracy theories here. Please try again.

I think the timing is interesting. I believe that part of it stems from how well Nico played in the Citrus Bowl. Our rivals saw that and know that he is the real deal and that they feel they better do something to get him off the field before he dominates the conference the next few seasons

IMG_5831.jpegI think the NCAA said they would take it easy on UT with the whole Pruitt thing if UT would “take one for the team” on NIL so the NCAA could set a precedent of control. UT took the deal ‘n’ crawfished, then drilled that Ol’ Devil in the a%$!

I'm going the alien invasion route.

The NCAA is actually ran by a consortium of shadowy government figures across the globe preparing humanity for the upcoming invasion.

They have their chosen few who will survive and take place in the alien/human hierarchy and have marked them to be spared in the upcoming conflict by not investigating them.

You can tell by the unique footwear these chosen few sport.

1000007209.jpg

Attachments

• Carson-Beck-Lamborghini.jpeg
    Carson-Beck-Lamborghini.jpeg
    159.1 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: vol_in_ga
I'm going the alien invasion route.

The NCAA is actually ran by a consortium of shadowy government figures across the globe preparing humanity for the upcoming invasion.

They have their chosen few who will survive and take place in the alien/human hierarchy and have marked them to be spared in the upcoming conflict by not investigating them.

You can tell by the unique footwear these chosen few sport.

View attachment 618241
Alien invasion? Now we’re talking.

Reactions: JoeMiltonsAgent

VN Store

Back