Tennessee vs NCAA: Tin Hat Thread

The big change was what happened Friday. The timing of the B1G/SEC announcement is definitely related to Tennessee's situation with NCAA and the backlash. Both leagues basically told the NCAA, in polite words, to go pound sand and they are going to figure things out now.

NCAA was founded by the Sleazstacks from land of lost!!! I can here em breathin stupid now!!

Talking more conspiracy, I am almost wondering if the NCAA wants the heat and wants to lose so they can step away from this mess.

The NCAA is intentionally sabotaging themselves to lose this case. . . the leaders of the NCAA have colluded with conference heads in a diabolical plan to destroy the NCAA and usher in a new governing body, where the current NCAA leaders have been promised high-ranking positions.

Not so fast...

The next job for Nick Saban could be a huge one​

The SEC and the Big Ten are leading the charge for massive change in college football. This new coalition could reshape the game. No one is better suited to lead than Nick Saban.
I’m telling you that man made a deal with the devil. There is no other explanation. How many pets do you think Saban has sacrificed in his basement and told his kids they “ran away” in order to obtain the level of success he has?

Reactions: montanatenn
I think this one is more likely and Alabama may not even be part of it. It may just be Saban having sour grapes.
Saban would be going after GA, who are arguably bigger threats to Bama than TN.

I appreciate conspiracy but we're low on the list of threats to Bama or Saban's legacy. Kirby easily comes first if Saban is grinding an axe. It's only orange colored glasses to say otherwise.

I appreciate conspiracy but we're low on the list of threats to Bama or Saban's legacy. Kirby easily comes first if Saban is grinding an axe. It's only orange colored glasses to say otherwise.
Except that we have an annual chance to ruin their season.

Except that we have an annual chance to ruin their season.
We were 1-15, 2-15, something like that vs Saban. It's too depressing to look up.

Why would he be pissed at us?

We seldom won the East to challenge him for the SEC title and spent something like a decade looking for a win against him in the TSIO game.

Without the orange glasses, we were very rarely a threat to Saban.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol

Kirby Smart worked under Saban and they are friends so he wouldn't do that to them. Also, Saban is out of the game, I think he is just doing it due to Sour Grapes and not threats. Rumors are that Ole Miss and LSU are under review as well.

Not so fast...

The next job for Nick Saban could be a huge one​

The SEC and the Big Ten are leading the charge for massive change in college football. This new coalition could reshape the game. No one is better suited to lead than Nick Saban.
Yeah, nothing better than a bama guy in charge of a new super conference. I'm sure we'll fare oh so well in that environment. Now let me get to preparing a nice cozy bunk for my pet fox in my neighbor's hen house.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
Kirby Smart worked under Saban and they are friends so he wouldn't do that to them. Also, Saban is out of the game, I think he is just doing it due to Sour Grapes and not threats. Rumors are that Ole Miss and LSU are under review as well.
Sour Grapes? Why would he have sour grapes toward anyone in the SEC, ESPECIALLY TN?

He dominated us. Almost completely. He dominated the SEC, arguably all of college football.

His grapes became vintage wine. They definitely didn't sour vs TN.

Sour Grapes? Why would he have sour grapes toward anyone in the SEC, ESPECIALLY TN?

He dominated us. Almost completely. He dominated the SEC, arguably all of college football.

His grapes became vintage wine. They definitely didn't sour vs TN.

2022 and almost lost in 2023.

As much as I've enjoyed reading the creative responses, I'll be the nerd and post a serious one.

Many have noticed how many regulatory agencies seem to have set aside their intended function to protect the public, in order to cooperate in an agenda that seems to serve "more powerful constituencies." Maybe the CDC and FDA would be the examples more people would now cite.

State attorneys general have been focusing more of their time and staff to contending with federal power grabs, land grabs, and initiatives that are counter to the financial or medical well-being of each state's citizens. Tennessee's state legislature is right now trying to create new barriers to the Fed being able to disrupt or replace individual transaction freedom (with things like CBDC).

Tennessee's legislators and likely our AG are also dealing with changed language in several Federal programs that are usually accepted and passed annually with little controversy. An example of the kinds of tiny changes in wording would be the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act cites a common legislative phrase but changes it from reading "...to support farming" to "...to control farming." Searching huge legal documents for such chicanery takes a lot of staff time.

So here's my conspiracy theory contribution:
If "they" (the feds, lawfare, Blackrock, globalists, mega-corporations, Bill Gates, the Rockefellers, WEF, WHO, UN,---whoever is on your list of powerful, suspicious organizations) wanted to distract a state's AG and the media who cover his office, and occupy his/her staff's hours... why not have someone at the NCAA start a big, distracting, fan obsessing, media-consuming bonfire?

To test that theory, you would have to look at other states whose teams have been targeted by the NCAA (it would have to be states where a significant number of voters or politicians care passionately about their university's teams) and see if their attorney general and/or legislature have lately begun taking on the efforts of the "they."
--------
Okay. Serious post over.

Back now to whether the NCAA allowing birth-males to compete as women is a legal move to open up competition to the gender-free space aliens who will be landing and moving into homes being vacated in blue states.

And remember... you can't spell "government fraud" without g r u d e n.
I love the Gruden refrence, those have been missing on this board for far too long.

No, it is not a theory. But, your explanation is wrong. The reason that UT was picked is that over the last 50 years UT has bent over and told the NCAA to have their way with them without making any protest.
The NCAA has always seen them as easy pickings and picked us out to make an example.
This is 100% correct.

The issue with this case is so many programs are guilty of what Tennessee did that the NCAA will be under great scrutiny for singling out Tennessee and a couple other programs without investigating and imposing penalties on every school. If the NCAA is successful against TN, then they will also be successful against many other programs. As a result, they will receive millions of dollars. I think I read somewhere that the impact could be in the billions. That is why it seems to me that the NCAA is doing this and is suspect. That said, every school that committed these so called infractions should not only be interested, they should be for Tennessee and proactive. My hope is that the judge says, no NCAA, you cannot do this and everything is dropped and the NCAA gets their act together. I prefer their existence, but only if they are being fair. Fairness is one of the biggest purposes for the NCAA. Coming up with new rules after having years to create and force them only to retroactively enforce them on a handful of teams is not fair.
The NCAA has long since outlived their usefulness and purpose for existence. They exist now to put their sticker on all things college athletics and take their “share” of the money from it. Thus their problem with NIL, they aren’t getting cut in and are wanting their own oversized piece of the pie…

Ok, I'm going to go all in on Taylor Swift putting pressure on NCAA, from other threads claiming her high influence. Who is her boyfriend? Travis Kelce! Who did he play for? Butcch Jones, who has a little beef with Tennessee.

VN Store

Back