Tennessee Volunteers Football 2024 Pre Spring Roster (By Position)

Agree. That LB position has a chance to improve its grade, though, depending on how young guys develop.
This is the most physically talented LB room that we've had since the Fulmer days, as a whole. I'm hoping that coach Inge is capable of maximizing that potential. We've seen glimpses of what a Tim Banks defense is capable of when things are clicking on all three levels. There just hasn't been the talent or consistency from all three groups at the same time yet. I think the talent is there now. It's just going to be young and inexperienced this season in certain spots.

Agree. That LB position has a chance to improve its grade, though, depending on how young guys develop.
Yeah Ed Spillman is a huge addition to that room.
I love the leadership of the BYU transfer but he has to stay healthy.

Carter, Telander, and Spillman are the future there.
If Elijah Herring can learn to plug better, then he will make a huge impact.

We need really talented LBs desperately in 2025 class

I’m not complaining about our 24 class overall, but I really wish we could’ve landed Cole.

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_
I’m not complaining about our 24 class overall, but I really wish we could’ve landed Cole.
Me to. BJM biggest problem was getting us deep at that position. But if you look at what we have it's really solid if we stay healthy. He landed studs but should've been able to land more

Don’t sleep on Jalen smith he was my favorite outta his signing class of backers because of how well he dominated GA high school ball… said he is having a solid spring our lb group has really high potential…

Yes...yes it will. The D line should be among the nations best. Haven't seen that kind of quality depth in over 20 plus years.
I am also encouraged by our new LB Coach being optimistic about the old and the young guys in his room. Not playing the mealy mouth game at all.

Wish I had a better feel for our secondary.

I am also encouraged by our new LB Coach being optimistic about the old and the young guys in his room. Not playing the mealy mouth game at all.

Wish I had a better feel for our secondary.
The one thing that I've heard the most about the DBs is that this group is extremely athletic and a ton of speed. I definitely think it will be the best pass defense since Huep being here. But that doesn't say a whole bunch cause it's been pretty bad the last couple years haha

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
The one thing that I've heard the most about the DBs is that this group is extremely athletic and a ton of speed. I definitely think it will be the best pass defense since Huep being here. But that doesn't say a whole bunch cause it's been pretty bad the last couple years haha
I wanna believe, just need to see it I guess. I believe the speed and athletic improvements, just hope they don’t get to the wrong place faster. Skill sets are so critical in the back. As is making the same reads. Hopefully the spring game will bolster my faith. Got some great receivers to cover.

Could be the best year over year improvement for defense in quite a while.

VN Store

Back