Tennessee Volunteers Football 2024 Pre Spring Roster (By Position)

And he was on the DL his whole freshman season. He was not immediately moved to the OL like some said he would be. At this point, he's looking like a weight room warrior who may never see meaningful snaps. I hope that isn't the case though.
Nah man
He was just playing out of position.

Like I said he was 😄

You’ll have Omari, Moi, Weathersby, ONL, Hobbs, West, Simmons etc. Pretty good imo. Edge is just crazy talented as well. Think West can alternate inside or out.
I really hope so. The dog and cracked crystal are supposed to provide me a revised 2024 prediction. Yet are strangely silent so far.

Random musings:
Merklinger and Moore will compete for #2. Can they afford to redshirt Merklinger with that kid from Brentwood on deck?
I thought they might beef up Brazzell to be a TE.
DeSean Bishop up to 200 lb. Wow. He was little in HS.
Is your list of WRs in any order? I hope Nimrod and Webb have developed.
The key to whom will be our running back will be the one who can protect the QB. Im think we have a stable of runners, but we don't know about their blocking abilities. Spring practice should be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: orangebloodgmc
It's a young inexperienced group so it's hard to tell but I do feel like this is a very talented and athletic group. It should be our best pass defense in Huep tenure so far
I hope Karic has added weight. I know he was listed at 310, but he didn’t look 310.

Nimrod listed at 6-3 surprises me. Has he grown? He sure doesn’t look that tall.

Reactions: SoullessGinger32_
I hope Karic has added weight. I know he was listed at 310, but he didn’t look 310.

Nimrod listed at 6-3 surprises me. Has he grown? He sure doesn’t look that tall.
Nimrod seems that way just because of his weight. But he's all of 6-3 and has elite speed. People will see that this season. Karic has definitely gotten bigger since last season.

LB play is what made it impossible to stop Missouri especially. Just couldn’t plug the gaps

Not JUST the gaps but watching Herring try and cover Cody Schrader out of the backfield...he looked really slow in doing so. Pili and Carter will be a MUCH better duo

I'm with you. I think the Vols go 11-1 and make playoffs. Also, they will finish with a top 5 recruiting class for 25. Never seen us trend for so many big names at once like we are 25 class. We win games those commitments will follow
Totally agree on the recruiting front. Heck, I agree with the whole assessment.

Reactions: Vol524
Curious what unit you guys think are our best and worst. The TE sistuation worries me but I dont really know who these guys are.

Curious what unit you guys think are our best and worst. The TE sistuation worries me but I dont really know who these guys are.
TE is actually on paper considerably more talented but that ever since Heupel has been here.

Best position is Dline (A grade)

Worst position is Linebacker ( C+ grade)

TE is actually on paper considerably more talented but that ever since Heupel has been here.

Best position is Dline (A grade)

Worst position is Linebacker ( C+ grade)
TE could be a huge sleeper position for us. I feel like this is best group of actual pass catchers and route runners we've had at that position in a very long time.

Nah man
He was just playing out of position.

Like I said he was 😄
It's funny....those of us who said he should be an OT were shouted down because "that's not where he's going to play at UT." Now that he's moved to OT, the line is "I guess he's just not good enough."

Yeah, Jason Witten, Charles McRae, Spencer Riley, Jason Layman, Kevin Burnett, Eddie Moore, and Al Wilson also weren't good enough, I suppose. They all switched from their original positions.

VN Store

Back