Tennessee lands Grad Transfer Khwan Fore

BTO that’s nice and all but everyone has that problem and we are the only ones that have to settle.

Let’s keep it real. We can do better. It’s time to target, recruit and land some guys and beat some big boys doing so.

What do you mean we are the only ones that have to settle? We are the only ones take a graduate transfer?

This is the bs I can’t stand. We have to pretend that landing a grad transfer in May is good recruiting.

I’m not saying applaud it and congratulate what an amazing class we have, but I also don’t think it deserves to be called a bad class or that they settled as if it’s a bad thing...there is a middle ground and that’s where I stand.

They are going to pull Burns so with 1/2 spots you land a Top 100 player, with the second spot we swung for the fence with Simons and missed...instead of SETTLING on a low ranked recruit we targeted a graduate transfer and beat out Auburn and Arizona State for his services.

Reactions: 1 person
I’m not saying applaud it and congratulate what an amazing class we have, but I also don’t think it deserves to be called a bad class or that they settled as if it’s a bad thing...there is a middle ground and that’s where I stand.

They are going to pull Burns so with 1/2 spots you land a Top 100 player, with the second spot we swung for the fence with Simons and missed...instead of SETTLING on a low ranked recruit we targeted a graduate transfer and beat out Auburn and Arizona State for his services.

Like I said earlier. This is a good get given the circumstances.

Like I said earlier. This is a good get given the circumstances.

So I don’t really understand how it is settling? Would Simons have been settling? What about Akinjo? To me settling would’ve been taking a guy like say Jamarius Burton, a MM type that is available late.

So I don’t really understand how it is settling? Would Simons have been settling? What about Akinjo? To me settling would’ve been taking a guy like say Jamarius Burton, a MM type that is available late.

Having 1 spot and not being able to fill it til May.

Having to once again go the grad transfer route to find a guard.

I'm not complaining about Fore specifically. Since Akinjo left the picture this has been probably the best route we could go. So like I said given the circumstances it's the best we could hope for. I'm tired of being in the same circumstances.

I'm not complaining about Fore specifically. Since Akinjo left the picture this has been probably the best route we could go. So like I said given the circumstances it's the best we could hope for. I'm tired of being in the same circumstances.

I just hate the grad transfer rule but it's becoming clear we are going to be very selective and
If the hs kid dissent work out we go that route. Depending on how you view harris one could say we swung for the fences with Simons and then got our plan b which was a grad transfer.

I just hate the grad transfer rule but it's becoming clear we are going to be very selective and
If the hs kid dissent work out we go that route. Depending on how you view harris one could say we swung for the fences with Simons and then got our plan b which was a grad transfer.

Right. So what does taking Fore do for the next class? Taking a grad transfer (again) to fill a need at guard just makes it more critical that we sign a good one in 2019. We can't wait til 2020.

Fore is about as good as you could hope for once the HS kids that re-entered the market were scooped up.

Right. So what does taking Fore do for the next class? Taking a grad transfer (again) to fill a need at guard just makes it more critical that we sign a good one in 2019. We can't wait til 2020.

Fore is about as good as you could hope for once the HS kids that re-entered the market were scooped up.

If you recall we had a conversation about middle season about Harris and I said if he couldn't be better than Darrington in year 1 and wasn't better than who we could get in 2019 he wasn't worth taking. Same can be said about Fore. In that regard Fore is better than taking Harris imo

If you recall we had a conversation about middle season about Harris and I said if he couldn't be better than Darrington in year 1 and wasn't better than who we could get in 2019 he wasn't worth taking. Same can be said about Fore. In that regard Fore is better than taking Harris imo

The key to that is getting someone in 2019.

Having 1 spot and not being able to fill it til May.

Having to once again go the grad transfer route to find a guard.

I think this is to blame on the Simons decision to go pro. We had one spot and saved it for him. That isn't really a disappointment holding out for an elite player when you only have one spot, especially if the fallback plan was a grad transfer who wouldn't come available until April or May anyhow.

If we still had 3 or 4 spots to fill in the spring, and we knew that in the summer of the year prior, then waiting until April or May after striking out in the fall would have been a failure/disappointment. Waiting for an elite kid who we probably led for with only one scholarship to give, and then replacing him with a one year commitment is neither a failure or disappointment.

JMO

I think this is to blame on the Simons decision to go pro. We had one spot and saved it for him. That isn't really a disappointment holding out for an elite player when you only have one spot, especially if the fallback plan was a grad transfer who wouldn't come available until April or May anyhow.

If we still had 3 or 4 spots to fill in the spring, and we knew that in the summer of the year prior, then waiting until April or May after striking out in the fall would have been a failure/disappointment. Waiting for an elite kid who we probably led for with only one scholarship to give, and then replacing him with a one year commitment is neither a failure or disappointment.

JMO

I’m fine with that. It’s whatever.

My thing is let’s not pretend (like Bruin is attempting) like this is a great closing job by Barnes. Eventually someone is gonna say yes to us.

I’m fine with that. It’s whatever.

My thing is let’s not pretend (like Bruin is attempting) like this is a great closing job by Barnes. Eventually someone is gonna say yes to us.

Come on

Imo it was always Simmons or a grad transfer. The grad transfer allowed us to wait out Simmons

I think it's pretty simple regarding Fore and our recruiting for this class at the gaurd Postion.

If Barnes really wanted Harris, we botched the Simons thing. Criticism is deserved.

If Barnes didn't want Harris we did a good job of being in position for plan B when simons declared and closed well executing the plan.

I am not sure if we wanted Harris or not.

VN Store

Back