Tennessee lands Grad Transfer Khwan Fore

Long time lurker, and first time poster. My buddy is a huge Richmond fan, and he mentioned this being a solid pickup. Was saying that Fore is very fast, a great defender, with a great pull up jumper from the elbow. Weaknesses as mentioned are his FT% and 3PT%. Buddy described him as an elite athlete (has like a 42 inch vert), a solid PG who handles the ball well but can force the issue sometimes. I see him filling that back up PG role very well. He obviously doesn't have the shooting ability of Daniel, but I think he's a better athlete and will surely give us a different dimension with his ability to drive to the hoop.

Thanks for the insight! Sounds like a more polished Kwe Parker. Or at least what we thought Kwe was going to be.

Reactions: 2 people
He feels he is a PG, Richmond brought in a very good PG that is around 5’10” so to get their best 5 on the court Fore played the 2...he feels he is a 1, and feels if he is going to play professionally it will be as a 1, so he’s willing to do what is needed to play there.

I like his confidence. Hopefully it translates to the floor and he can be Bone's backup. We need a guy that can attack the basket and finish too.

Really excited Barnes was able to close and get a player of need that will give us a very soldier perimeter defender. Any offense is going to be a bonus with this guy.

This puts Barnes at 10 for 17 in closing out the guys he brings in on OVs. Not bad and will look even better if he closes with Burns.

Reactions: 2 people
If he can take it to the hole AND dish off effectively.... this... is ...a ...good ...thing.

Really excited Barnes was able to close and get a player of need that will give us a very soldier perimeter defender. Any offense is going to be a bonus with this guy.

This puts Barnes at 10 for 17 in closing out the guys he brings in on OVs. Not bad and will look even better if he closes with Burns.

Nobody closes the best of what’s left like tricky Rick.

Standing ovation!!! A lengthy one!!

In all seriousness this is a good pickup given the circumstances.

Bruin trying to act like this is a great job of closing by Barnes is laughable and it’s the type of crap that passes on this board as legit talking points.

We are getting our first commit of the 2018 class in May after recruiting for years and whiffing all summer, fall, winter and early spring.

Keep it real.

In all seriousness this is a good pickup given the circumstances.

Bruin trying to act like this is a great job of closing by Barnes is laughable and it’s the type of crap that passes on this board as legit talking points.

We are getting our first commit of the 2018 class in May after recruiting for years and whiffing all summer, fall, winter and early spring.

Keep it real.

I will agree with you that getting our first commit this late isn't a sign of an overall good year.

It is a sign of closing well with this kid though individually

Eventually we have to close with someone right?

Yesterday was a start. If we get Burns that will end up being a good year but in the end I hate the grad transfer thing. It's like a mulligan that shouldn't be there imo

While Ill agree that this class is a disappointment and also say I dont think Fore is even as good as James Daniel was I cant find fault in Barnes and the way he's turned this program around.

If he can keep up these results with 3 stars and grad transfers then God bless him.

We're lucky to have a hall of famer here.

Yesterday was a start. If we get Burns that will end up being a good year but in the end I hate the grad transfer thing. It's like a mulligan that shouldn't be there imo

I’m sick of scramble mode. Let’s target some guys and land them.

While Ill agree that this class is a disappointment and also say I dont think Fore is even as good as James Daniel was I cant find fault in Barnes and the way he's turned this program around.

If he can keep up these results with 3 stars and grad transfers then God bless him.

We're lucky to have a hall of famer here.

I think Fore is going to be a better defender than Daniel and won't be needed to do much other than protect the basketball on offense

Reactions: 1 person
It will help with recruiting if we can ever get the classes somewhat balanced. The 1 or 2 2018 signees were looking at 9 freshmen and sophomores right ahead of them... doesn't necessarily mean that there was going lot of immefiate playing time or much PT at all for several years.

2019 should be a better group. Coaches have had the opportunity to recruit them to UT since before the players were even in high school. Barnes has shown that TN should now be appearing regularly in the NCAAT. Players that came to UT have developed... some will be getting paid to play after leaving TN. TN has an SEC championship. There's much more to sell now than there was 1, 2, and 3 years ago.

The attrition of McGhee, Kasongo, Phillips, and Parker was not a good look either. They weren't really recruited over based on skills. They didn't seem to want to be here and that's not good for anybody. The program is on the right track.

I wonder if the staff taking Fore means that they feel that they have a 2019 PG in the fold. Possibly Mann? Fore will be gone this time next year as will Bone in the following year. Surely TN doesn't go into 2020-2021 without a PG with ANY experience.

I would agree more with this thought process if they were bringing in 10 guys in on OV’s the past month, but of all the available guys this spring they targeted and landed Fore.

What were his offers this spring?

Who made him a priority? Where did he visit? Who were his finalists?

Last edited:
I’m sick of scramble mode. Let’s target some guys and land them.

I was thinking about this the other day, it’s REAAAAALLLY hard to keep 13 scholarship guys happy and willing to develop, this is why you see Villanova going with 11 scholarship players a lot of the time, UK rarely has 13 scholarship players. Jalen Johnson redshirted, then Kent last year, if we land Burns he likely does this year, Pember would if he’s 2019, if he’s 2020 then Gaines would be a candidate. My point being that you don’t use 13 scholarship players in a year, redshirt a guy and as long as the rule allows graduate transfers then plugging a position of need each year with some experience isn’t an awful strategy imo.

What were his offers this spring?

Who made him a priority? Where did he visit? Who were his finalists?

According to 247 he visited Auburn last week, UAB, ETSU, Loyola Chicago and Arizona State was trying to get him to visit but he felt it was too far...so pretty decent competition if you ask me.

I was thinking about this the other day, it’s REAAAAALLLY hard to keep 13 scholarship guys happy and willing to develop, this is why you see Villanova going with 11 scholarship players a lot of the time, UK rarely has 13 scholarship players. Jalen Johnson redshirted, then Kent last year, if we land Burns he likely does this year, Pember would if he’s 2019, if he’s 2020 then Gaines would be a candidate. My point being that you don’t use 13 scholarship players in a year, redshirt a guy and as long as the rule allows graduate transfers then plugging a position of need each year with some experience isn’t an awful strategy imo.

BTO that’s nice and all but everyone has that problem and we are the only ones that have to settle.

Let’s keep it real. We can do better. It’s time to target, recruit and land some guys and beat some big boys doing so.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back