Tennessee corn hole boards

Yours are much better, well done. And I personally wouldn't buy the ones in the OP when I could make it a weekend project and turn out a better product.

Yeah you could try to. Cut your finger off trying to 45 the corners. Bleed out on it and Saban, your wife would call them Alabama boards. Just kidding but you couldn't beat the quality of those.

I want to see a closer shot of the drink holders! I NEED some of those! Great idea!

Here is a picture of the ones that I made.
attachment.php

Those are over the top awesome!

I want to see a closer shot of the drink holders! I NEED some of those! Great idea!

I have the plans drawn and PDF'ed. I don't think that I can post a PDF here, but I can e-mail them.

My boards have lights around the holes so that you still play when it gets dark. Cornhole Night Light

Hey Halph do you make them for fun or do you run a business making them?

Just for fun. I like woodworking to relax. I have made some money with these. I made three sets for work that we raffled off to customers when we opened our new facility in Texas.

I've made several for neighbors when I lived in Acworth, GA.

That is how we started out just making for friends and High School Boosters to auction off. Now we have taken it to the next step and started a business doing it. It still seems to be just for fun still since I am still active duty military but retire soon. The posted set is the only Tennessee set done so far (living in Florida not many UT fans here) and that is the way she wanted them done.

Here is my set I made last fall. Total cost was about 100$ with all the paint and finish. Ill be making more hopefully soon!

I modified in drink holders for when playing. Was worried that they might get hit but so far its not an issue.
null_zpse9e13072.jpg

null_zps4195e122.jpg

The T was actually not all that hard to tape off.
null_zps4ed6f94e.jpg

Startin on the checkers. This was by far the most time consuming part. The taping and dry time was the main reason. Just did it coat by coat after a couple nights at work.
null_zps67abcc8a.jpg

I felt that it was just a bit to bland with just the orange T so i re taped it off and put white borders on everything. Much better looking IMO.
null_zps56310936.jpg

Checkers gettin close!
null_zpsf7dc5890.jpg

I added stickers on both ends before i sealed the boards but dont have pictures of that. I also chose to paint the legs and cup holders a gun metal gray and loved how it set them off. Ill try to snap some pics of that later. And now for many many coats of Polycrylic.

null_zpsecaf31b8.jpg

The last picture was only after a coat so it doesn't look that shiny. But after about the tenth coat with sanding between, It's got a near glass finish to it. Once the corn dust got broken in they are slick as ice. Makes for some competitive games! I'd like to add lights to them but just havent had the time. Definitely on my to-do list before fall. If I had to do them over I have a way more clear design in my head and the second pair will be a cake walk compared to these! :good!:

Reactions: 8 people
deme4utu.jpg

I finished these about two weeks ago. I love wood so I went with stain instead of white paint. Also since that photo I have painted on the T vs the decal I had on in that pic.

GBO!

Reactions: 1 person
I love the dark stain! Wanted to do that on mine but tried natural. Maybe on the next set!

deme4utu.jpg

I finished these about two weeks ago. I love wood so I went with stain instead of white paint. Also since that photo I have painted on the T vs the decal I had on in that pic.

GBO!

No offense to these but yours are better.

Thanks! My sister said i should make them and sell them for some extra cash while im in school. Would anybody be interested in a set?

She's right. How much? My advice would be to make as many sets as you can make and sell them on game days to the tailgating crowds.

She's right. How much? My advice would be to make as many sets as you can make and sell them on game days to the tailgating crowds.

That's a great idea at the game! Idk cause equipment costs is 100. What do you think people would pay?

That's a great idea at the game! Idk cause equipment costs is 100. What do you think people would pay?

Honestly, not enough to make it worth your time, IMO.

Your boards are incredible, though. You're right, the white outline looks a lot better.

The boards you posted are worth at least double that but it's hard to get people to pay that much. The time you put in may not make it worth while to mass produce with the detailing you do.

Ya it would definitely have to be a custom project for people. But I could manage that if I knew I had a buyer. It wouldn't take near as long of I did it again. I would stencil out the checkers and T and it'd would go a lot quivker

Ya it would definitely have to be a custom project for people. But I could manage that if I knew I had a buyer. It wouldn't take near as long of I did it again. I would stencil out the checkers and T and it'd would go a lot quivker

Yea you definitively need a stencil. That or get one of this vinyl sticker machines.

VN Store

Back