Tennessee basketball played 6 of the 8 Elite 8 teams

Correct. There's barely any 4* players available to sign when you get hired in March.

I remember BTO listing every one of them when Tyndall was hired and pointing out how Tyndall could have gotten all these 4* recruits if he was any count.

There are 13 four star players available today, didn't Zo just add a 5* within days of getting his Missouri job?

Reactions: 1 person
Martin didn't get the SC job until March of 2012. He signed thornwell in October.
2012 class wasn't his.

Again, it's very funny to me how the '17 class of Tennessee resembles many of these daunted South Carolina classes you're mentioning, yet I don't see you giving praise to the '17 class and instead most are saying his recruiting better improve? Interesting.

My point about Martin was simply that he's hardly torn it up recruiting, his classes have looked similar to this one from Barnes, 1 four star and some surrounding guys...yet here posters are applauding that from Martin while at the same time dogging Barnes' 2017 class?

So your statement of "he's not gonna be the coach here in 365 days" was just your emotional opinion and not how you actually feel about what will happen?

Siiiiide step

And still nobody has answered....

People are applauding Martin for his recruiting classes that mainly consist of 1 four star and a few 3 stars, that's what Tennessee is bringing in this year and yet the very same people are complaining about the recruiting?

Again, it's very funny to me how the '17 class of Tennessee resembles many of these daunted South Carolina classes you're mentioning, yet I don't see you giving praise to the '17 class and instead most are saying his recruiting better improve? Interesting.

I like the 17 class.
Bout time though.

How long after getting the Cal job did he land 2 five stars in Ivan Rabb and Jaylen Brown, what's the excuse for that one...can't wait?

Should be a great game this year. Who will you cheer for? Tennesse or Cuonzo? Gotta be a tough one for you because your excuse making for Barnes is approaching Cuonzo-level.

Should be a great game this year. Who will you cheer for? Tennesse or Cuonzo? Gotta be a tough one for you because your excuse making for Barnes is approaching Cuonzo-level.

Tennessee no matter who is coaching, I'm guessing you'll be cheering for Auburn when they play the Vols with your chest painted, eating BBQ and sleeping around on your lady?

Thornwell was 2013 class. Martin was hired in spring of 2012.

BTO likes to count the spring class for newly hired coaches when it suits his argument protecting the coach that is the current recipient of his full blown man crush.

thornwell was 2013 class. Martin was hired in spring of 2012.

Bto likes to count the spring class for newly hired coaches when it suits his argument protecting the coach that is the current recipient of his full blown man crush.

😂

I like the 17 class.
Bout time though.

About time huh?

First 3 classes for each coach:

Martin: 11 unranked, 1 top 50, 1 top 100*, 2 top 150*
Barnes: 11 unranked, 1 top 100, 2 top 150

So the exact same across the board except for the difference being the 1 top 50? Demetrius Henry who transferred out of South Carolina was the lone top 100, and Marcus Stroman who was 1 of the top 150's also transferred out of South Carolina, remove those guys and I'm not sure Tennessee wouldn't have the better 3 year run, at the very least they'd be on pace...so like I've been saying, this theory that Martin was recruiting at such a high level OR winning early on is false.

Thornwell was 2013 class. Martin was hired in spring of 2012.

BTO likes to count the spring class for newly hired coaches when it suits his argument protecting the coach that is the current recipient of his full blown man crush.

When have I discounted Barnes' first class, I thought it was pretty solid all things considered? Since when did you get into the excuse making business, I'm guessing about the same time you realized your boy Pearl has turned to garbage and is gonna need the excuses?

When have I discounted Barnes' first class, I thought it was pretty solid all things considered? Since when did you get into the excuse making business, I'm guessing about the same time you realized your boy Pearl has turned to garbage and is gonna need the excuses?

Don't care about what Pearl does at Auburn. I only defend his time here that is getting the revisionist history version now by some posters on this board.

And I'm not making excuses for anyone.

I've never thought you should expect much in a spring class from a coach just hired. Not everyone is lucky enough to have a spot for a kid's daddy and I realize that and keep my expectations realistic.

Tennessee no matter who is coaching, I'm guessing you'll be cheering for Auburn when they play the Vols with your chest painted, eating BBQ and sleeping around on your lady?

You can pretend that I want Bruce Pearl to be our coach but I've not mentioned him being a realistic option here since he was hired by Auburn. That was around the time you signed the petition that was hoping to bring him back.

Nobody and I mean nobody has a crush like you do for Cuonzo.

VN Store

Back