Tennessee basketball played 6 of the 8 Elite 8 teams

What about a 2* or no star roster? Because that's all that was at the state tournament that you're whining about Barnes not attending.

Just the #7 player in the country for 2018 class Darius Garland. I guess Barnes doesn't recruit 5* players though. Not to mention Alex Lomax, PG who has been offered by Florida and LSU. You just lost all credibility. Do your research next time

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Year 1: 14–18 4–14 T–12th
Year 2: 14–20 5–13 13th
Year 3: 17–16 6–12 T–11th

Fahr his worthless butt?

17-16 year 3 ? You can't count the exhibition win against Slippery Rock. Actually he was 15-16 against D-1 teams this season as Chaminade doesn't count for tourney purposes. Not much improvement IMO

Just the #7 player in the country for 2018 class Darius Garland. I guess Barnes doesn't recruit 5* players though. Not to mention Alex Lomax, PG who has been offered by Florida and LSU. You just lost all credibility. Do your research next time

I guess you should, too, because Garland has an offer from UT. But, no, Barnes doesn't offer them, does he?

17-16 year 3 ? You can't count the exhibition win against Slippery Rock. Actually he was 15-16 against D-1 teams this season as Chaminade doesn't count for tourney purposes. Not much improvement IMO

At this pace, it will take him 3 more years just to get to .500 in the conference.

Garland has an offer from Tennessee so what's your point again??

Garland was not at MTSU. D2 state tournament is in Nashville. Lomax is a very good player. Great high school player. Having seen him play quite a bit, he is possibly the type of player who worked hard and developed physically at a young age. I don't think he has a very high ceiling. That is not to degrade him. I just don't think he gets to college and develops much more than he is. Great ballhandler, great bball IQ, solid passer. Lack of size and ability to shoot from perimeter will limit him. Again, just IMO.

Doesn't matter if he had signed Michael Jordan. With that record the idjits would be out in force calling for his ass to be fired.

If you aren't winning you better be recruiting. If you're not recruiting you better be winning.

Barnes better start doing one of those very soon or he's not gonna be the coach here in 365 days.

If you aren't winning you better be recruiting. If you're not recruiting you better be winning.

Barnes better start doing one of those very soon or he's not gonna be the coach here in 365 days.

The average South Carolina class rank under Frank Martin is 45 nationally and 9th in the SEC.

Under what scenario other than completely bombing do you truly think he's fired after next season? Imo 16-14 and a similar recruiting class to what he's had and he's back for Year 4, you don't think so?

The average South Carolina class rank under Frank Martin is 45 nationally and 9th in the SEC.

Under what scenario other than completely bombing do you truly think he's fired after next season? Imo 16-14 and a similar recruiting class to what he's had and he's back for Year 4, you don't think so?

Doesn't really apply to Barnes, we can't even make the damn tournament. I love TN Basketball and I've defended Rick my fair share in the past but I don't even care what it takes I just want to win.

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 - every year Martin signed a 4* player to South Carolina which was a coaching graveyard.

We are hoping to land our first one in the Barnes era this spring with Pons.

If Barnes misses the dance and has another class of 3* guys next year I think it is time to find a new coach but he would likely get another year. I don't have a read on Currie yet but I think fans will be apathetic as ever and ready to move on because he hasn't given reason to have hope in the future under that scenario laid out.

I've always thought he would get 5 years minimum because I felt like he would go to the dance in year 3 or 4.

Martin didn't get the SC job until March of 2012. He signed thornwell in October.
2012 class wasn't his.

Correct. There's barely any 4* players available to sign when you get hired in March.

I remember BTO listing every one of them when Tyndall was hired and pointing out how Tyndall could have gotten all these 4* recruits if he was any count.

2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 - every year Martin signed a 4* player to South Carolina which was a coaching graveyard.

We are hoping to land our first one in the Barnes era this spring with Pons.

If Barnes misses the dance and has another class of 3* guys next year I think it is time to find a new coach but he would likely get another year. I don't have a read on Currie yet but I think fans will be apathetic as ever and ready to move on because he hasn't given reason to have hope in the future under that scenario laid out.

I've always thought he would get 5 years minimum because I felt like he would go to the dance in year 3 or 4.

My point about Martin was simply that he's hardly torn it up recruiting, his classes have looked similar to this one from Barnes, 1 four star and some surrounding guys...yet here posters are applauding that from Martin while at the same time dogging Barnes' 2017 class?

So your statement of "he's not gonna be the coach here in 365 days" was just your emotional opinion and not how you actually feel about what will happen?

David Beatty is a 4 star on Scout, ESPN and 247.
Suddenly it's just Rivals that counts?

VN Store

Back