Tennessee assistant coach posts staff-wide ‘swagger’ pic

I love hearing of times past.. Thanks again.. I sat with a WW2 at the museum in New Orleans it was pretty awesome just hearing his prospective and description of WW2, makes me think of both my papaws that are gone now.. The good times and stories

Maybe where you are from it's ridiculous....but don't put that on everyone. Everyone doesn't suddenly become completely uptight in all situations when they pass 25 years old. For me ....getting drunk is rediculous for 40 year olds...but I see plenty of 40 plus year olds lit up at ball games.....

I'm not putting it on everyone ... just the people that don't want to look like complete tools. :)

Next time you find yourself on a floor posing like an extra in a bad Vanilla Ice video remake, you'll thank me.

Reactions: 1 person
I saw the Norton , Frazier, Holmes, and Foreman bouts, and I saw some lesser bouts that he won.

Now THOSE were some heavyweights. And Ali was poetry in motion. Loved that era. I seldom watch boxing anymore, and when I do it's usually the middleweights and lighter.

I love hearing of times past.. Thanks again.. I sat with a WW2 at the museum in New Orleans it was pretty awesome just hearing his prospective and description of WW2, makes me think of both my papaws that are gone now.. The good times and stories

I'm with you, I have several older folks from church I visit often and love their stories. I became really close with a deacon who was in his 80's and he literally became one of my best friends despite over 40 years age difference. It killed me when he passed away.

Thank you sir, and I actually did know Hacksaw while at U.T. He visited a guy who lived next door in Reese Hll that he went to high school with in Cincinnati. We weren't friends or anything, but I talked to him a few times.

That's cool. I have been Hacksaw on various cfb message boards for over 15 years. When I first started, I wanted to choose a name that was synonymous with UT football. I was a student at UT when Reggie White was there, but "Minister of Defense" seemed a bit grandiose. I know there have been a lot of great nicknames to choose from, but my Dad has always loved Hacksaw, so that's what I chose.

Part of me always wondered if the real Hacksaw would mind. But I've never seen him posting on a message board and I'm guessing he's got more important things to do with his free time.

That's cool. I have been Hacksaw on various cfb message boards for over 15 years. When I first started, I wanted to choose a name that was synonymous with UT football. I was a student at UT when Reggie White was there, but "Minister of Defense" seemed a bit grandiose. I know there have been a lot of great nicknames to choose from, but my Dad has always loved Hacksaw, so that's what I chose.

Part of me always wondered if the real Hacksaw would mind. But I've never seen him posting on a message board and I'm guessing he's got more important things to do with his free time.
It says on Wikipedia that he shares his time at a house in Miami and one in the Caribbean, but doesn't give the country. Knowing him the little bit that I did, he would be happy to be remembered by you on a message board. He was a fun loving wild man.

One night I got him to scare a very drunk suitemate that none of us could handle. He was scared to death of Reynolds, and I asked him to get the drunk shut up for the night. All he did was yell and scream at him. It worked like a charm.

It says on Wikipedia that he shares his time at a house in Miami and one in the Caribbean, but doesn't give the country. Knowing him the little bit that I did, he would be happy to be remembered by you on a message board. He was a fun loving wild man.

One night I got him to scare a very drunk suitemate that none of us could handle. He was scared to death of Reynolds, and I asked him to get the drunk shut up for the night. All he did was yell and scream at him. It worked like a charm.

Ah, good ol' college days...

I doubt it. In my day, you weren't supposed to brag on yourself, and act like a street punk. You were supposed to be humble, and let your play do the talking. Cassius Clay changed the culture.

images

Ah, good ol' college days...
I seem to have a photographic memory in that I remember what people were wearing and what they looked like even 50-60 years ago. I can still see Reynolds in blue jeans, a dark blue windbreaker zipped about halfway down with no shirt or tee shirt under it, and a dark blue batting helmet (no ear piece) turned around backwards yelling and growling at the poor guy, and chasing him back to his room.

I can't imagine that Reynolds wore the batting helmet from Gibbs to Reese, but who knows? I figured that it belonged to his friend Tom, who lived next door to me, and he borrowed it just for that occasion.

I also remember threatening the drunk by telling him if he didn't behave that I would get Reynolds to come down and shut him up. He didn't know that Jack was there, and didn't believe me, so he kept on with his nonsense. He was really hard to handle when he drank. So, I walked about 25 feet down the hall, explained the situation to Jack, and in about 30 seconds he arrived wearing the batting helmet.

The drunk ran in his room and hid under his bed, so help me.

When I first looked at this... I thought of Ric Flair and the 4 horsemen.. Showing my age.

Just like a negavol. If Saban or some other coach does it then it is a great move. And you all want to know how come our coaches don't get it. Unreal :no::banghead2:

For any grown ass man its a dumb move. Luckily this is all in jest and not an serious attempt to connect with the younger kids.

Remember that old guy that graduated high school and still hung around the place? Don't be that guy.

For any grown ass man its a dumb move. Luckily this is all in jest and not an serious attempt to connect with the younger kids.

Remember that old guy that graduated high school and still hung around the place? Don't be that guy.

how-do-you-do-fellow-kids.png

VN Store

Back