Tennessee assistant coach posts staff-wide ‘swagger’ pic

You're probably right, he would. Now he's the fun police. I'm in my forties and I haven't had to give up on having fun and doing something silly every now and then because age hasn't turned me into one of the old guy muppets. Yet.

And I'm having fun with you 72, so keep your teeth in and dont get too riled up! ��
You're not going to make me mad because everyone is entitled to his opinion, and I respect your's. At 65, I have plenty of fun every day, just like I did 40 years ago, and I still have all my teeth(except wisdom). I don't take much seriously, unless it REALLY calls for it. I just came from an age when we didn't showboat.

If the coaches want to do it, more power to them. In my opinion, it looks like a stupid ploy to get recruits, and it probably works. I would be willing to bet that they don't act like that out in public normally, so it would be out of character, kind of like Nu'Keese sitting behind a desk wearing a business suit at Prudential.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think CZA's abilities are in question right now. He's a beast of a recruiter and his recievers "didn't live up to the expectations" because they were injured all year.

Unfortunately, in many posters minds, injuries don't count. Never mind that at the end of the season 6 of the 10 receivers were out, 2 more were banged up but played, it doesn't matter.. Of course if you don't read the sports reports and only flip on the TV on Saturdays or better, stumble into the stadium then your opinion would be that receivers are underachieving I suppose. Throw in an OLine that could provide maybe 1 to 2 seconds of pass protection and there you have it,, UNDERACHIEVING LOL
Azzanni is a great coach who will be a head coach soon IMO

Reactions: 1 person
Oh man...this is more about the coaches being able to let loose and have a little fun which in turn helps them relate to their players and recruits. Not every coach has to act like a stone faced Ben Stein like Saban and Richt. This has nothing to do with bragging on yourself and I have never witnessed a "street punk" act silly like this. Maybe they should act like Woody Hayes and hit some players, or Bob Knight and choke a couple.
Woody Hayes and Bob Knight accomplished a lot more than these guys have so far. What you fail to understand is that I DON'T CARE what they do. I never said that they should be barred from doing it. I am entitled to my opinion that I think that it looks dumb.

Calm down. He was just stating the obvious . . . It's ridiculous looking for a bunch of 40 year olds to pose like that, but it's just the kind of thing that happens in the name of recruiting teenagers.

Thank God I'm still 39. I've got 6 more months of swag!

Calm down. He was just stating the obvious . . . It's ridiculous looking for a bunch of 40 year olds to pose like that, but it's just the kind of thing that happens in the name of recruiting teenagers.

Lil' John's influence???

Short shorts, muscle cars, great music, no AIDS or Ebola, and banana seats. Don't knock the 70s!
I have owned about 100 60's and early 70's muscle cars, including almost all of the really hot and rare ones ( 90% of what I bought were 4 speeds), and still have two. I still drive them like I did then.

I still listen to the music from back then because it hasn't really been topped in my mind, although there has been some good music since. The short shorts and no bra era was not hard to like either. I feel sorry for the youngsters who missed it. In the words of Dennis De Young and STYX, they were the best of times for me.

Reactions: 3 people
Alright I'll be that guy... Where's Mahoney and Elder? Strip, Thig, Azzanni, I think Martinez, Gillespie, Jancek, Bajakian, and Butch.

I have owned about 100 60's and early 70's muscle cars, including almost all of the really hot and rare ones ( 90% of what I bought were 4 speeds), and still have two. I still drive them like I did then.

I still listen to the music from back then because it hasn't really been topped in my mind, although there has been some good music since. The short shorts and no bra era was not hard to like either. I feel sorry for the youngsters who missed it. In the words of Dennis De Young and STYX, they were the best of times for me.

Right on. I was mostly on bikes and at the pool in the 70s but still love that era.

Woody Hayes and Bob Knight accomplished a lot more than these guys have so far. What you fail to understand is that I DON'T CARE what they do. I never said that they should be barred from doing it. I am entitled to my opinion that I think that it looks dumb.

I get where you're coming from. I wish I had grown up in a time where I didn't have to witness street cred as part of every day life.

Looks like they are having fun...I don't care if they need to juggle and dress like circus clowns. If we still get a top 5 class annually then keep on keepin on

Just like a negavol. If Saban or some other coach does it then it is a great move. And you all want to know how come our coaches don't get it. Unreal :no::banghead2:

:lolabove: nope you're wrong.

I think it just shows that the coaching staff can have fun and that they don't take themselves too seriously.

I'm 38 almost 39 and I really think bout those years from time to time just because I hear stories bout my old man and the fun times he had especially with my mom, he passed in 92 and he was a young man, 40 but I enjoy the music like he did from back then.. I did miss out on those years sounded like a blast..

How frustrating that our parents didn't understand our music, style and tastes.
We will never be like our parents!
On another note, what's wrong with these kids today?
Their music, style and tastes are just dumb!

(Add blue font for those who need it added)

VN Store

Back