Team USA Basketball

With how much the internet was clowning team USA, I was thinking, "The risk/reward here makes no sense. Why would high profile players want this? Anything can happen in single elimination. Dillon Brooks can shoot 7/8 from 3p. And if USA wins, it's because they're supposed to and if they lose it's because they're bozos."

And then I wake up to news that everybody wants to play, LOL

Reactions: knoxvol52
Very weird tbh

Pretty common in soccer, and if you recall, Olajuwon played for USA too. Embiid was going to play for France, but he's more American than he is French. He's been in the US for almost half his life now and never lived in France.

The one that got me was Eric Gordon playing for the Bahamas. He has no connection to the Bahamas and he also played for USA at one point. WTF

Curry
Booker
Lebron
KD
Embiid
AD
Ant
Haliburton
Kawhi
Tatum
Chet
Jrue/White

This ^ is basically it. Almost exactly the team I came up with, except no Kawhi. Substitute Bam for Chet (and it's Jrue over D White). Not sure what they're doing with the 12th spot. Maybe waiting on Kawhi to see how he's feeling? Maybe Knecht?

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see if AD is actually available, particularly if LAL somehow make a deep playoff run.

I see that as the reason for concern. He just left with back spasms as well.
Well, hopefully he'll be OK because I'm more worried about Embiid right now.

Steph
Kawhi
Lebron
KD
Embiid/AD

That would be the best 5 players on the floor ever* together, IMO. Hopefully Kawhi can get that 12th spot and the bigs are good.

*Magic, Jordan, Bird, Barkley, and Robinson is a 5 with more star power, but Magic and Bird weren't even in the league anymore. These 2024 guys are all still at 90-100% of their prime.

Steve Balmer cringing at the thought of Kawhi Leonhard playing in Olympics.

Brand new arena opening up and Kawhi's health record speaks for itself.

VN Store

Back