Team USA Basketball

Nice defense by Durant on Rudy, Bam follows with a jumper, USA up 8 with 7 minutes to go

Jrue Holiday is the USA's MVP, imo. Durant will probably win it (if they even have one in the Olympics) or Luka, if Slovenia wins the Bronze. But, ever since Jrue arrived in Tokyo, even tho, they lost that first game, the team has played better and better, with Holiday running the show. Perfect timing, Jrue with a steal and easy basket

Reactions: kiddiedoc
Jrue Holiday is the USA's MVP, imo. Durant will probably win it (if they even have one in the Olympics) or Luka, if Slovenia wins the Bronze. But, ever since Jrue arrived in Tokyo, even tho, they lost that first game, the team has played better and better, with Holiday running the show. Perfect timing, Jrue with a steal and easy basket

It’s Durant but Jrue’s D was needed.

Reactions: TBrown and The Dog
All that Pop hate.

8fd732462ce8424da1a6b41f7eac2331.jpg

Still standing by that no medal prediction?
I'm glad I was wrong, but USA Basketball needs a long look in the mirror they were really lucky this Olympics.

They need to go back to a college coach and the top young talent needs to play. Isn't that why USA Basketball over the years puts so much in recruiting the top HS stars like Kennedy Chandler etc... for those U16 & U19 tournaments around the world?

So when they are in the NBA they will already have a feel for the FIBA/world type game & rules.

You don't see a lot of the top foreign NBA players passing on playing for their country.

I'm glad I was wrong, but USA Basketball needs a long look in the mirror they were really lucky this Olympics.

They need to go back to a college coach and the top young talent needs to play. Isn't that why USA Basketball over the years puts so much in recruiting the top HS stars like Kennedy Chandler etc... for those U16 & U19 tournaments around the world?

So when they are in the NBA they will already have a feel for the FIBA/world type game & rules.

You don't see a lot of the top foreign NBA players passing on playing for their country.

How were they lucky? I would say they were very unlucky. Too many injuries to guys who wanted to play and we had unusual NBA scheduling conflicts. We had 3 guys show up to Tokyo the day of the first game.

I love that the team is so young and we're not going with a bunch of B-level star vets (like Beal or Jaylen Brown). Let the young guys go for it. This will be a real accomplishment if they win gold. Give me a Josh Hart type for the last roster spot. Team needs a little more dog.

Reactions: The Dog
I love that the team is so young and we're not going with a bunch of B-level star vets (like Beal or Jaylen Brown). Let the young guys go for it. This will be a real accomplishment if they win gold. Give me a Josh Hart type for the last roster spot. Team needs a little more dog.

Man, I like the youth movement, also. But, that looks like a Bronze medal team, at best, to me. The last roster spot is huge, imo

That's exactly who it is

Reactions: TBrown
FINAL
Team USA - 92
Slovenia - 62

Luca Doncic did not play for Slovenia.

Walker Kessler only played the final 2 minutes and had 2 points. Not sure why they aren't playing him more. He didn't play much against Puerto Rico either.

Every member of Team USA scored.

Haliburton had 12 assists in 22 minutes vs. Spain (10 point win). Spain won their 3 other exhibition games by 20+.

Reactions: zjcvols

VN Store

Back