Team USA Basketball

France 0-2 and already eliminated in the group stage. Crazy.

Since losing the gold medal game in 2020, Gobert has 2 humiliating playoff exits + the gentleman's sweep opening round loss to Nuggets + a group stage elimination for France.

Reactions: NashVol11
I love our team. They are hungry and the rotations are really fun. I kinda wish Kerr would go with complete line changes more frequently, hockey style, but I can't complain about anything. This is the best personnel construction and management I can remember on team USA.

Reactions: NYCVolunteer
Hart starting over Ingram, and this is the kind of personnel move that other Team USA coaches have never/rarely done.

- Lithuania didn't miss a 3 until 4' left in the 2nd
- JJJ with 3 fouls (you only get 5) 4' into the 2nd
- we can't figure out international rules. Probably accounted for half our turnovers

We're trying to close the gap late. They kick the ball out of JJJ's hands. Then they get away with a clear travel. We poke the ball away from their ballhandler twice and both times it goes right back to them. They throw up a 25' sideline prayer at the shot clock buzzer with Ant all over the guy, and it goes right in. That's the only 30" you'd need to watch to get a feel for how this game went.

Last edited:
- Lithuania didn't miss a 3 until 4' left in the 2nd
- JJJ with 3 fouls (you only get 5) 4' into the 2nd
- we can't figure out international rules. Probably accounted for half our turnovers

We're trying to close the gap late. They kick the ball out of JJJ's hands. Then they get away with a clear travel. We poke the ball away from their ballhandler twice and both times it goes right back to them. They throw up a 25' sideline prayer at the shot clock buzzer with Ant all over the guy, and it goes right in. That's the only 30" you'd need to watch to get a feel for how this game went.
That's what sticks in my mind, too; that play pissed me off. Then of course Team USA gets called for a travel right after Lithuania gets away with an obvious one

That's what sticks in my mind, too; that play pissed me off. Then of course Team USA gets called for a travel right after Lithuania gets away with an obvious one

My favorite "we don't understand international rules" moment was when Ant got the steal and bucket, but for some reason they called shot clock violation on the other team, negating the points, and then they start us off with 14" on the shot clock. We have no idea and get a violation ourselves. So fkn stupid.

Canada didn't keep their end of the bargain

This game is unconfortable. More Haliburton and less Brunson please.

Reactions: NashVol11
I'd love to see us try to go big just once. Go Hali, Reaves, Bridges, JJJ, and Kessler and run high PnR with those shooters. It's so frustrating to have this personnel, get killed with size in 3 games now, and not try this.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Daniel Theis absolutely ate JJJ's lunch

JJJ = 8 points, 3 rebounds, 0 blocks, and 2 goaltends for slapping the backboard
Theis = 21 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block

Daniel Theis absolutely ate JJJ's lunch

JJJ = 8 points, 3 rebounds, 0 blocks, and 2 goaltends for slapping the backboard
Theis = 21 points, 7 rebounds, 1 block

JJJ is best when he has a big next to him that can do some of the dirty stuff/non box score stuff. It's why he looks much better around Adams (and even Tillman) than he does around Aldama....

Kerr failed to account for this...

VN Store

Back