Team quit on Pruitt cause he’s playing favorites. (Starting JG)

Bubbs

So I haven’t heard receivers really speak highly of JG. I haven’t heard his team really referencing him as a leader or the coaching staff. As a 3rd year QB I think that’s kind of strange.

Pruitt has come in and really made a point to play the guys who perform and he’s continuing to start JG. I think the team knows what we know about JG and they’re not buying in to him. He handicaps the offense and it makes Pruitt look like a hypocrite who is playing favorites.

I think that plus playing guys like Jeremy Banks at linebacker (a guy who’s never played snaps at LB and just started practicing with the group) and To’o(a true freshman who’s been on campus for 4 months) shows the players that Pruitt only cares about his guys. I think it caused a divide amongst the team and that’s why I think those boys didn’t rally together when they were getting hit in the mouth. Also explains why Pruitt didn’t bother trying to rule them up cause he knows how they feel already.

Going to be a long year fellas

So I haven’t heard receivers really speak highly of JG. I haven’t heard his team really referencing him as a leader or the coaching staff. As a 3rd year QB I think that’s kind of strange.

Pruitt has come in and really made a point to play the guys who perform and he’s continuing to start JG. I think the team knows what we know about JG and they’re not buying in to him. He handicaps the offense and it makes Pruitt look like a hypocrite who is playing favorites.

I think that plus playing guys like Jeremy Banks at linebacker (a guy who’s never played snaps at LB and just started practicing with the group) and To’o(a true freshman who’s been on campus for 4 months) shows the players that Pruitt only cares about his guys. I think it caused a divide amongst the team and that’s why I think those boys didn’t rally together when they were getting hit in the mouth. Also explains why Pruitt didn’t bother trying to rule them up cause he knows how they feel already.

Have to play "your guys" if the other guys dont give a damn

that sums it up in a nut shell

I don’t entirely doubt what you’re saying my only rebuttal would be GOSH this is a short period of time to consume all this about your coach and for him to lose the team. That’s wicked fast. You really have to do a BAD job to lose it that fast and maybe he has. Idk. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I do not believe JG is the answer for the team to improve. JMO
As far as Henry T goes, did you watch the game? He should be on the field. As bad as the defense looked he was actually a bright spot.
yes he is but he's not ready to be the starter but he is going to be a good player for some years to come

Give JG a couple series against BYU and if things keep going the same u almost have to pull him...It’s not all on JG but Qb is the leader of ur team and no offense I saw nothing close to a leader out their Saturday!

I think you give one of the backups the first two series of the BYU game. If no progress (2 three and outs) you bring in JG and see if he’s motivated for 2 series. If no progress, you bring back in the starter and let him roll. Maurer has wheels so I’d prefer him because he can extend plays.

I don’t entirely doubt what you’re saying my only rebuttal would be GOSH this is a short period of time to consume all this about your coach and for him to lose the team. That’s wicked fast. You really have to do a BAD job to lose it that fast and maybe he has. Idk. 🤷🏻‍♂️
its starting to leak not only the players but the staff also

Reactions: 08Vol and amorange
Something is going on. Maybe there is a rift between some guys. One thing is for sure. Not many of them showed up ready to play football Saturday. All that is on the head coach. If you have guys that are "Energy Vampires" as Saban said, you bench them and play guys who at least give effort. I saw some quit in them, in the first game i might add, to a team with far less talent..That's concerning..

Banks getting snaps over the other guys should tell them to work harder. Jeremy Pruitt wants to win more than anybody because his livelihood/career is tied to it. Just like I tell my own kids, don't make excuses....make the coach look like an idiot for not playing you when you get your chance.

Someone name a player that we thought was going to play Saturday that didn't get minutes? Now tell me the guys that just looked they should see more minutes based on their play? Some of the guys you named above were guys that I thought should get more minutes based on their effort. The ones whining and crying should look in the mirror and quit making excuses.

I mean a good chunk of the roster aren’t Pruitt’s guys. Not that hard.

Look at the locker room and team issues Charlie Strong faced at Texas his first year. Basically had to boot players from the team

Maybe his plan is “screw the first 2-3 years till I turn this roster over.”

But if you’re gonna be that much of a hardass then get more bad apples to leave.

Reactions: 08Vol
The odd thing is that jg was butchs guy...I don’t know if shrout and mauer are bad or Pruitt doesn’t know how to evaluate the qb postion
Should Chaney be the coach that makes the call on who the QB is. Just wondering since CJC is the OC. Also, maybe JG is a better QB than Shrout, or Mauer!

VN Store

Back